• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saudi Sportswashing Machine

The Magpies also want to sign Ruben Neves, 26, on loan after the Portugal midfielder agreed to join Al Hilal from Wolverhampton Wanderers for £47m this week. (Football Insider)

So you're just overreacting to rumours? Thanks for making that clear! Maybe put that in your original post with the use of precise language that reflects what has actually happened.

If everyone is getting triggered by flimflam in the beeb's transfer RUMOUR summary speaking about it like it's a fact it's going to be a long ass summer.

I’m finding it incredible that many of their supporters talk as if they’re in the winning circle already without having actually achieved anything. Their last major trophy was won in the 1950s and the last time they qualified for the CL was in 2003. Yet the way that many of their supporters go on is like they’ve won back to back titles. Get the feeling that I’m going to start hating Saudi Sportswashing Machine as much as any other club off of the back of this.

They are lottery winners and to be brutal, imagine what a lot of our supporters would be like if the same happened to us.

They are lottery winners and to be brutal, imagine what a lot of our supporters would be like if the same happened to us.

We would be up in arms initially but then after a few trophies we will all be going to Saudi Arabia for a holiday

I’d think we’d be excited by the prospects even if not quite the way I’d like it to happen. BUT we wouldn’t move much further in the immediate timeline. Saudi Sportswashing Machine only finished 4th, we finished 4th last season.

Now would be the time for excitement of what could be but knowing that nothing had been achieved if we were just to finish 4th. That would just mark a return back to where we’ve recently been aiming at.

I’d think we’d be excited by the prospects even if not quite the way I’d like it to happen. BUT we wouldn’t move much further in the immediate timeline. Saudi Sportswashing Machine only finished 4th, we finished 4th last season.

Now would be the time for excitement of what could be but knowing that nothing had been achieved if we were just to finish 4th. That would just mark a return back to where we’ve recently been aiming at.

Imagine what the Transfer Fred and ITK thread would be like, we would have posters demanding we sign a WC footballer for every position

I’m finding it incredible that many of their supporters talk as if they’re in the winning circle already without having actually achieved anything. Their last major trophy was won in the 1950s and the last time they qualified for the CL was in 2003. Yet the way that many of their supporters go on is like they’ve won back to back titles. Get the feeling that I’m going to start hating Saudi Sportswashing Machine as much as any other club off of the back of this.

Give them a break. Ofcourse they are going to enjoy it.

Give them a break. Ofcourse they are going to enjoy it.

But there’s a difference in enjoying it and them suddenly think they’re well above us, making repeated jokes about Spurs, thinking that Saudi Sportswashing Machine are in the elite tier now and acting up to it. If Saudi Sportswashing Machine supporters had decency they’d not act it up big until they’d achieved something of note. Long way to go for them

But there’s a difference in enjoying it and them suddenly think they’re well above us, making repeated jokes about Spurs, thinking that Saudi Sportswashing Machine are in the elite tier now and acting up to it. If Saudi Sportswashing Machine supporters had decency they’d not act it up big until they’d achieved something of note. Long way to go for them

You're upset because opposition fans get to laud it over us when their team did better? They should know their place?

Comon.

The greatest fans in the world have always been deluded about how good they actually are
I really hope they fall flat on their face in the next few years

At some point UEFA and the EPL will realise that the state owners behind these team are taking over football just like they have with other sports such as Golf and Boxing and if it is not too late they will impose sanctions to try and retain control. Then we will see what happens to the state owned football clubs

At some point UEFA and the EPL will realise that the state owners behind these team are taking over football just like they have with other sports such as Golf and Boxing and if it is not too late they will impose sanctions to try and retain control. Then we will see what happens to the state owned football clubs

We can live in hope.

I'm surprised they haven't been more active in the market yet. There's the Tonali links, which have been delayed by the U21 championship, but still though they'd have spent a pile by now

I'm surprised they haven't been more active in the market yet. There's the Tonali links, which have been delayed by the U21 championship, but still though they'd have spent a pile by now

They are limited by the new spending rules.

Back