• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sales

He barely started any games. Neither lyon or napoli thought he was worth keeping. Why should we?
Because he's our player already and seemingly we can't sell him. We can only sell if there is interest and there doesn't seem to be any.

In the meantime Ange seems willing to try him out so what's the harm in seeing if the right kind of manager can get useful tube out of him?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Because he's our player already and seemingly we can't sell him. We can only sell if there is interest and there doesn't seem to be any.

In the meantime Ange seems willing to try him out so what's the harm in seeing if the right kind of manager can get useful tube out of him?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Even if there is only a small chance that he will come good (which I don't believe he will) the manager has to try while he is our player.

Even if there is only a small chance that he will come good (which I don't believe he will) the manager has to try while he is our player.

The is no chance he will come good.

The club should have taken it out of the new manager's hands by saying Ndombele was not part of the squad and he would be training with the under 18s. He has had enough chances, we are a business. That guy needs to know he has no future with us so he can get a loan to a mid level team in Portugal where we pay 70% of his wages. Because then we get at least 30% off the books.

We might be a football club but we are also a business. We have something or someone that is a drag on profits with no financial upside, cut your losses and play the next hand.

I saw Ndombele 3 times for Napoli last season, he kept losing the ball and wandering around.

The club should have taken it out of the new manager's hands by saying Ndombele was not part of the squad and he would be training with the under 18s. He has had enough chances, we are a business. That guy needs to know he has no future with us so he can get a loan to a mid level team in Portugal where we pay 70% of his wages. Because then we get at least 30% off the books.

We might be a football club but we are also a business. We have something or someone that is a drag on profits with no financial upside, cut your losses and play the next hand.

I saw Ndombele 3 times for Napoli last season, he kept losing the ball and wandering around.

problem with making him train with the kids is that it makes clubs which might loan or sign him low ball us even more as we’re seen as being desperate to shift him.

I don’t for a minute believe he’ll come good for us as Ange’s system requires players to work hard with and without the ball, whereas Ndombele is overweight and lazy. The laziness is the symptom of him not wanting to try, and that mental attitude problem is inherent in an individual. It’s not going to change.

He barely started any games. Neither lyon or napoli thought he was worth keeping. Why should we?
Lyon could never get anywhere near paying Ndombele's wages. He probably earns more than 4 times what their highest paid player earns.

While Napoli obviously have a higher budget than Lyon I suspect they also would struggle to meet Ndombele's wage at Spurs (though the Italian tax laws do at least give them a chance of doing so for his net salary). if you combine the wage with the transfer fee that Spurs would want (I doubt Levy would want to have to make a book loss and write that value off) then it becomes an expensive deal. I think the best thing right now is for Ndombele to be part of the Spurs squad this coming season, even if it just as a player to come off the bench to try to change games. Yes he will be a bloody expensive bench player in terms of wages but I think it is worth the gamble).

Reactions: DTA

And what you're suggesting is a poor way to run a business. If you have an asset you try and get the most out of it until you can sell it.
In this case throwing it into the under 18s is throwing away any value it might have. The only reason to do that is if he was being disruptive to the other players.

Reactions: DTA

If Postecoglou doesn't think he is putting in a shift then I'm sure he will banish him to the under 18s himself.

I'd have thought N'dembele would be a good fit for the Saudi football, can't see it being played at a fast pace and he has skill to excite the crowd. Please bid anything over £30m.

I'd have thought N'dembele would be a good fit for the Saudi football, can't see it being played at a fast pace and he has skill to excite the crowd. Please bid anything over £30m.

Saudi money £50mil should make us turn a blind eye to their attempt of sportswashing

This is what I was afraid of...CB and GK are critical improvement areas. We've done some good upgrades in other areas but for whatever reason, we are going to start the season without significant improvements in defence. It will cost us some early points as it takes time to bed in new CBs and have them working as a unit.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

Lyon could never get anywhere near paying Ndombele's wages. He probably earns more than 4 times what their highest paid player earns.

While Napoli obviously have a higher budget than Lyon I suspect they also would struggle to meet Ndombele's wage at Spurs (though the Italian tax laws do at least give them a chance of doing so for his net salary). if you combine the wage with the transfer fee that Spurs would want (I doubt Levy would want to have to make a book loss and write that value off) then it becomes an expensive deal. I think the best thing right now is for Ndombele to be part of the Spurs squad this coming season, even if it just as a player to come off the bench to try to change games. Yes he will be a bloody expensive bench player in terms of wages but I think it is worth the gamble).
His transfer fee wouldn't have to be high for us to wash our faces. He'd be amortised to less than £20m by now.

Although my preference at that price would be to try him again with a new manager. His ceiling is so ridiculously high, we just need to get him to want to play football.

This is what I was afraid of...CB and GK are critical improvement areas. We've done some good upgrades in other areas but for whatever reason, we are going to start the season without significant improvements in defence. It will cost us some early points as it takes time to bed in new CBs and have them working as a unit.

You don't think we will have any more players in by start of season?

You don't think we will have any more players in by start of season?
I do but it has been a problem area for so long and new players will need time to bed in.

The league even more competitive with the likes of villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine playing well last season so points from the first match is equally as important as the last.

Back