• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sales

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
I was just thinking what a massive job this is going to be, especially considering we have no DoF and no-one outside the EPL has any money.

Considering we've already let Moura, Danjuma and Lenglet go, by my tally we've still got about 11 senior players to move on. Probably: Forster, Rodon, Tanganga, Sanchez, Reguilon, Sessegnon, Perisic, Winks, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Ndombele (contrary to popular opinion I would keep Lloris, Davies and Dier as squad players/for some continuity)

In addition to those 11 senior players, there's also maybe 5 in the academy who are getting too old now to continue in that limbo, specifically: Whiteman, John, Craig, White and Parrott.

That's an awful lot of work, in addition to perhaps 3-4 ins.

Yep, Gonna be a long summer , but I have a feeling we'll get rid of most of them easy enough. There was talk recently that we know we have to accept some losses (and even cancel/pay off a couple if needed) this time. I'm sure we'll still be difficult to deal with but we will get rid in the end.

Only one I disagree with is Lloris who seems to be actively trying to find club as we speak. Although they said he doesn't want Saudi as his family and kids are happy here. Who knows, could be gonad*s, but I could only see a return to France for him, no PL side would want him at his age and it sounds like he still wants to start.

I think a few of those could be a surprise inclusion for next season. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if postecoglu found reguilon, lo Celso and one or two more usefull. In any case I think he’ll want to see them in training for himself before selling any of them.
Agree, except I'd say more likely we sell Lo Celso and NDombele is my surprise pick....

There's no way we will get rid of the players we need to. We might get 6 or 7 out at best. The question will be which are the best 6 odd to be free of. I'd personally jettison Dier and Sanchez first as our CB offerings are fairly traumatic. I'd then look at letting Lloris move on as he is actually past the point of no return I believe (great servant, but his time has now passed).

Davies would be on my keep list, not because I particularly rate him but he's really low down on the priority list.

If you break the squad up into sections then it's a bit easily to digest.

Goalkeepers:

For continuity's sake I'd keep Forster and bring in a new 1st team starter. Raya appears to be the man we have earmarked for the role.

Move on: Lloris

Defence:

Uncle Phil style thrown out of the front door treatment for Sanchez and Dier.

Sessengnon I'd happily let go, Reguilion might need to move on as well despite being imo the best pure LB who has actually played for Spurs ( so not including Udogie).

Rodon can probably go as well for simply not being up to task but again he isn't one of the players I feel stinks of rot so he could get one more season to prove his worth (unlikely)

I'm in no rush to move Tangana on, he's both HG not worth a great deal. I also do wonder if he might get something going under a new coach.

Move on: Sanchez, Dier, Sessengnon, potentially Reguilion, Tangana and Rodon.

Midfield:

This is an interesting area, I'm generally of the opinion that our midfield is pretty trash beyond Bentancur and the potential that Sarr offers. Yet when I look at the individuals there is quality there. Hojberg is decent, as is Skipp, Bissouma might well re-emerge as the player we purchased under a different type of coaching. Realistically Hojberg is the only one who i'd be willing to sell who can garner a reasonable fee and isn't also HG. [emoji848]

I'm almost forgetting the disappointing duo of GLC and Ndombele. They showed so much promise but it appears it's time to move on especially for GLC because he does appear to have some interest.

Move on: Lo Celso, Hojberg and potentially Ndombele.

Forwards

There isn't really anyone to sell other than Kane if we want to cash in now in advance of next summer or Richarlison if we somehow got a money back offer which isn't going to happen.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Yep, Gonna be a long summer , but I have a feeling we'll get rid of most of them easy enough. There was talk recently that we know we have to accept some losses (and even cancel/pay off a couple if needed) this time. I'm sure we'll still be difficult to deal with but we will get rid in the end.

Only one I disagree with is Lloris who seems to be actively trying to find club as we speak. Although they said he doesn't want Saudi as his family and kids are happy here. Who knows, could be gonad*s, but I could only see a return to France for him, no PL side would want him at his age and it sounds like he still wants to start.

Yeh I think the majority of that list go bar Davies, Forster and maybe Rodon out of all the defender (just my opinion).

Like you I think we will see many go, club pretty much acknowledged the need for change in their statements this season.

Id keep Lloris on. Maybe give him a 3 year contract which gradually transitions into a coaching role. He's younger and still a million miles better than Forster.

And imagine what it must be like for everyone (youth players, new signings) having a WC winning captain (and runner-up) about the place

Yeh I think the majority of that list go bar Davies, Forster and maybe Rodon out of all the defender (just my opinion).

Like you I think we will see many go, club pretty much acknowledged the need for change in their statements this season.
Rodon was embarrassed by Lithuania's forwards this week. Davies did his best to try and carry him. But he's not an EPL level player

Defence:

Rodon can probably go as well for simply not being up to task but again he isn't one of the players I feel stinks of rot so he could get one more season to prove his worth (unlikely)

I'm in no rush to move Tangana on, he's both HG not worth a great deal. I also do wonder if he might get something going under a new coach.

I couldnt disagree more wiht you about Tanganga and Rodon. Both are well short of the standard needed, and they're not exactly kids. Tanganga is 24 and Rodon turns 26 in October!! People used to forget how many chances Defoe missed when he was benched for a while, and similarly people probably forget how bad Tanganga and Rodon are having not seen them in a Spurs shirt for a while too!!

Midfield:

I cant think of anyone less likely to suit Postecoglou's high octane, pressing tactics than Tubby! Zero chance he has a future under the new regime in my view

I couldnt disagree more wiht you about Tanganga and Rodon. Both are well short of the standard needed, and they're not exactly kids. Tanganga is 24 and Rodon turns 26 in October!! People used to forget how many chances Defoe missed when he was benched for a while, and similarly people probably forget how bad Tanganga and Rodon are having not seen them in a Spurs shirt for a while too!!

I don't think either are good enough, but they are both fringe and we are unlikely to get much of a fee for either. Priority wise i don't know if trying to actively sell them is the best use of our time. Stay or go neither is likely to play and it's no great loss. Although I did initially believe Tangana had good potential, Rodon less so.

I cant think of anyone less likely to suit Postecoglou's high octane, pressing tactics than Tubby! Zero chance he has a future under the new regime in my view

In a likely 3 man midfield Ndombele lack of intensity stands out less as you will recall in his initial start with Poch he was absolutely fine and one of our better players. Likewise under Mou he was largely fine to good again in a 3 man midfield although one that sat deeper. I think you're forgetting his overall time at Spurs for the more dismal last couple of seasons.

Conte had no use of him as he obviously only ever pyed the two so he needed workers, Ange's system requires less from them individually. I'm also taking account the lack of apparent interest in Ndombele as well as Ange's reported williness to assess him first hand. We may well be surprised.

Id keep Lloris on. Maybe give him a 3 year contract which gradually transitions into a coaching role. He's younger and still a million miles better than Forster.

And imagine what it must be like for everyone (youth players, new signings) having a WC winning captain (and runner-up) about the place

As much affect as it's had on the place over the last few seasons. To be clear, little to none.

I don't think either are good enough, but they are both fringe and we are unlikely to get much of a fee for either. Priority wise i don't know if trying to actively sell them is the best use of our time. Stay or go neither is likely to play and it's no great loss. Although I did initially believe Tangana had good potential, Rodon less so.

In a likely 3 man midfield Ndombele lack of intensity stands out less as you will recall in his initial start with Poch he was absolutely fine and one of our better players. Likewise under Mou he was largely fine to good again in a 3 man midfield although one that sat deeper. I think you're forgetting his overall time at Spurs for the more dismal last couple of seasons.

Conte had no use of him as he obviously only ever pyed the two so he needed workers, Ange's system requires less from them individually. I'm also taking account the lack of apparent interest in Ndombele as well as Ange's reported williness to assess him first hand. We may well be surprised.

Agree with you on Tanganga in that he's one which I got wrong - I also thought he had a lot of potential but has gone nowhere, and he's now 24. Maybe if he'd have gone on loan a few years ago it might have been different?

On Ndombele, I have a different view. Mourinho's system was compact which gave minimal space to opposition. Therefore he could jog back and just fill a space. Postecoglou's requires more running, both offensively and defensively. I don't see he has a hope of fitting in, however equally I'm not sure we'll manage to offload him

3 year contract for Lloris? To do what?

I'm not sure we can justify paying £100k pw to a part reserve keeper, part coach, and he'd also probably prefer to head out to Saudi and pick up double that for doing very little

There's no way we will get rid of the players we need to. We might get 6 or 7 out at best. The question will be which are the best 6 odd to be free of. I'd personally jettison Dier and Sanchez first as our CB offerings are fairly traumatic. I'd then look at letting Lloris move on as he is actually past the point of no return I believe (great servant, but his time has now passed).

Davies would be on my keep list, not because I particularly rate him but he's really low down on the priority list.

If you break the squad up into sections then it's a bit easily to digest.

Goalkeepers:

For continuity's sake I'd keep Forster and bring in a new 1st team starter. Raya appears to be the man we have earmarked for the role.

Move on: Lloris

Defence:

Uncle Phil style thrown out of the front door treatment for Sanchez and Dier.

Sessengnon I'd happily let go, Reguilion might need to move on as well despite being imo the best pure LB who has actually played for Spurs ( so not including Udogie).

Midfield:

This is an interesting area, I'm generally of the opinion that our midfield is pretty trash beyond Bentancur and the potential that Sarr offers. Yet when I look at the individuals there is quality there. Hojberg is decent, as is Skipp, Bissouma might well re-emerge as the player we purchased under a different type of coaching. Realistically Hojberg is the only one who i'd be willing to sell who can garner a reasonable fee and isn't also HG. [emoji848]

I'm almost forgetting the disappointing duo of GLC and Ndombele. They showed so much promise but it appears it's time to move on especially for GLC because he does appear to have some interest.

Forwards

There isn't really anyone to sell other than Kane if we want to cash in now in advance of next summer or Richarlison if we somehow got a money back offer which isn't going to happen.

Agree with all of that.

Edit; but not 'potentially Ndombele' ...he needs to move on.

3 year contract for Lloris? To do what?

I'm not sure we can justify paying £100k pw to a part reserve keeper, part coach, and he'd also probably prefer to head out to Saudi and pick up double that for doing very little
Throw it in his net
Teach a new guy how to fall backwards
Hugo’s career here is done
He has to go so he doesn’t ruin a legacy

Would be an ideal signing for a club coming up. He could easily be worth 7-9 points, his shot stopping is still excellent
1 year loan, wages only and a payment to us if they stay up.

As others have said we have a lot of players we need to replace but i do not see all of those mentioned will be gone come August. For me Tanganga is now 24 and i think its to late for him to become a regular and i would think the same about Rodon so i could see both leaving. Lloris will go so i would keep Forster as our num 2, Fatboy ( Tanguy) needs to go and we will lose money on the deal but i really do not see a comeback here for him.

Winks, Dier are others who may end up going, of course there are others but i think it will be hard to move on all those i and others have mentioned.

As others have said we have a lot of players we need to replace but i do not see all of those mentioned will be gone come August. For me Tanganga is now 24 and i think its to late for him to become a regular and i would think the same about Rodon so i could see both leaving. Lloris will go so i would keep Forster as our num 2, Fatboy ( Tanguy) needs to go and we will lose money on the deal but i really do not see a comeback here for him.

Winks, Dier are others who may end up going, of course there are others but i think it will be hard to move on all those i and others have mentioned.
I had completely forgotten about Winks. Add him to the go list.

Back