• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sales

I do agree with this but hope we're both wrong. At least we've got a number of signings done, if we can get a CB in at least it shows what we needed as a priority wasn't held back by the need to sell our players that nobody seems to want (for good reasons).

Every season so many say "Sell the deadwood" as if it's a box ticking exercise, and by next season they'll consider a bunch of other players to be deadwood anyways.

But we should only be keeping a squad of 22 senior players. We’re currently in the high 30s. For everyone signing we bring in, we probably need to be getting rid of 2 (because of academy players becoming overage). Having 5 senior LBs is a ridiculous situation.

But we should only be keeping a squad of 22 senior players. We’re currently in the high 30s. For everyone signing we bring in, we probably need to be getting rid of 2 (because of academy players becoming overage). Having 5 senior LBs is a ridiculous situation.

I agreed with you, don't bring in your bizarre metric of counting senior players in to it to make me look silly!

Yes we need to sell some players, Perisic isn't a LB so I count Sess, Reggie, Davies and Destiny who is is probably more naturally a wingback but has more legs than Ivan. One Perma crocked, one a bundle of energy with little end product who had a gash season on loan and offers no versatility, one defensive and steady but not a world beater and one prospect.

It is an interesting conundrum to have so many players in that position and no stand out pick. I like Davies but he's not outstanding, I hope Udogie smashes it but he's a kid new to the PL....

But having those players doesn't mean we have to consider them all for the 22, It's not ideal but it's also to the end of the world. I'm sure some will go, some will loan out and some will end up hovering round.

As long as the core is strong the rest is a numbers game. I don't think the LB situation is an issue, we have a selection where Udogie was a target and has played a year out on loan, so we should be investing time in his development. If then after the back ups are a combination of 2 from what's left, it's no disaster IMO

As @spurspinter1 says its all abit of a wash where the deadwood will just be reclassified and kicked down the road or new deadwood elected by the fans.

I'm also coming round to ideas that old deadwood might have a chance under Ange, Tanguy and Reggie being two I wouldn't be really devastated to see reintegrate if were needed

After last season and seekng Ange as the rational type of manager, perhaps there is a major issue that is holding up our entire player transfer strategy e.g. like the sale of Kane for megabucks that could determine how good enough right now could be upgradeable and trickle down effect to the bench and youth players

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

But having those players doesn't mean we have to consider them all for the 22, It's not ideal but it's also to the end of the world. I'm sure some will go, some will loan out and some will end up hovering round.

As long as the core is strong the rest is a numbers game. I don't think the LB situation is an issue, we have a selection where Udogie was a target and has played a year out on loan, so we should be investing time in his development. If then after the back ups are a combination of 2 from what's left, it's no disaster IMO

As @spurspinter1 says its all abit of a wash where the deadwood will just be reclassified and kicked down the road or new deadwood elected by the fans.

I'm also coming round to ideas that old deadwood might have a chance under Ange, Tanguy and Reggie being two I wouldn't be really devastated to see reintegrate if were needed

How on earth does Ndombele fit with the high energy tactics of Ange? Not just the aggressive pressing without the ball, but also with the ball he expects the ball back in play immediately and for his teams to out work the opposition in possession.

he’s not remotely suited to Ange’s style!

After last season and seekng Ange as the rational type of manager, perhaps there is a major issue that is holding up our entire player transfer strategy e.g. like the sale of Kane for megabucks that could determine how good enough right now could be upgradeable and trickle down effect to the bench and youth players

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

I think there are a few obvious candidates that will be gone very soon, Lloris and Perisic for example. Then Ange will wait while he assesses the rest during this tour and these friendlies etc. Obviously the quicker we shift some the better but I reckon the outs will really ramp up once we come back.

Would have been nice to at least had a CB in already though hey

Last edited:
How on earth does Ndombele fit with the high energy tactics of Ange? Not just the aggressive pressing without the ball, but also with the ball he expects the ball back in play immediately and for his teams to out work the opposition in possession.

he’s not remotely suited to Ange’s style!

Ange has a system but he’s not completely one dimensional and not all have his midfielders have been extremely mobile, pressing types. Don’t automatically count N’dombele out.

Ange has a system but he’s not completely one dimensional and not all have his midfielders have been extremely mobile, pressing types. Don’t automatically count N’dombele out.

There's a gulf between 'extremely mobile' and Ndombele. They couldnt be more polar opposites.

Even setting Ange aside, teams can't really carry passengers nowadays or include a player purely because of their skill and regardless of workrate

There's a gulf between 'extremely mobile' and Ndombele. They couldnt be more polar opposites.

Even setting Ange aside, teams can't really carry passengers nowadays or include a player purely because of their skill and regardless of workrate
Ndombele isn't slow, he doesn't lack mobility. He doesn't run around the pitch like a madman possessed but he doesn't lack mobility.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Ndombele isn't slow, he doesn't lack mobility. He doesn't run around the pitch like a madman possessed but he doesn't lack mobility.

I don't think he wants to run when we don't have the ball, lots of skill but got to question his desire.

Do you really think he could turn it around and be a great player for spurs?

He's shown no willingness to run or work hard, and given no clue htat he has the required level of fitness or mentality/determination to succeed. He's a passenger

Back