• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sales

I do but it has been a problem area for so long and new players will need time to bed in.

The league even more competitive with the likes of villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine playing well last season so points from the first match is equally as important as the last.
No team gets all their business done early not just us. Look at Utd and Chelsea, both are crying out for a top class striker (just as much as us for a CB) and neither seem any closer to signing one.

No team gets all their business done early not just us. Look at Utd and Chelsea, both are crying out for a top class striker (just as much as us for a CB) and neither seem any closer to signing one.
Chelsea have already signed Nkunku and Jackson. They have made their striker/forward signings already.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Chelsea have already signed Nkunku and Jackson. They have made their striker/forward signings already.

Jackson has had one semi decent season in Spain and isn't top class. Doesn't Nkunku play more as a 10 or second striker than as an out and out striker?

Jackson has had one semi decent season in Spain and isn't top class. Doesn't Nkunku play more as a 10 or second striker than as an out and out striker?
I doubt the centre back we end up signing (if we do sign one) will be any different in terms of experience/level.

So do we think we're sacrificing a midfielder who will actually bring in a decent transfer fee in order to raise some funds so that we can afford one of the two centre backs that we've linked with?
I wouldn't say sacrificing. We're well covered in midfield and I doubt PEH would be a starter after the signing of Maddison.
But if/when he is sold I'd hope that we quickly see the signing of a CB after it using the funds generated.

It's more to say that I don't believe Chelsea are still trying to sign a CF like you said. We are still trying to sign a CB or two. They have already made their signings in their area of need.

I wouldn't say sacrificing. We're well covered in midfield and I doubt PEH would be a starter after the signing of Maddison.
But if/when he is sold I'd hope that we quickly see the signing of a CB after it using the funds generated.

Probably more a case of both, if its 50/60m as reported I think it's cracking business to sell in an area we are stacked and have a 50m 26 year old lad who should really be develop to kick on.

Nobody would pay anything like a reasonable fee to purchase Bentancur in this window.
Agree.

I think Bentancur has been our most important player other than Kane over the last 18 months, see our form pre his arrival and post his injury. Genuinely think he was the only reason we could get away with 2 in the middle and reckon he'll be even better in a 3 with a little bit of occasional rest if he makes a full ACL recovery.

Nobody would pay anything like a reasonable fee to purchase Bentancur in this window.
And even though he’s injured there’s no way we’d consider an offer close to what we’d accept for Hojberg this window. Which tells you everything re that comparison.

Out of Skipp, Sarr, Bissouma, Bentancur and Hojberg i think we’re right to be looking to release Hojberg. Good solid player but we know what his ceiling is now, whereas the others are clearly already better or their potential is higher.

That high, sounds a bit much to me. I'd think 20-30m would be a fair deal.
Yeah, I think Hojbjerg would be 30 to 35 million euros, which is a higher fee than any of our other midfielders would be likely to bring in and would pay most if not all of the transfer fee for Van Der Ven and probably about three quarters of the transfer fee for Tapsoba.

Back