• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Sunderland

Class is permanent, form is temporary. His form is bad so you never want to see him play for us again?

Interesting..

I thought he played OK in the champions league but other than a couple of EPL matches he has been nothing special. This season he has been very poor. Dont see what he contributes, other than giving the ball away and conceding silly free kicks.

Sandro just needs game time, the biggest problem playing Sandro is that you nullify Parker, Parker does not know where he is supposed to be playing.

Andros Townsend as a holding midfielder. OK, you've officially proclaimed to the world that either :

a) you can't tell the difference between Livermore and Townsend
or
b) you are clueless about the strength's weaknesses of the Spurs players!!

That would be a) Ha, ha. I just had a brain fade. It happens to the best of us on occasions.

Modric good, the defenders and Friedel alright. The rest a bit meh.

Hopefully we won't see Sandro and Parker together again in the league this season.

Again, I think people are more upset with the performance. If we had created tons of chances but couldn't score then people would have accepted that, but we didn't create anything. I'm happy with a point, just unhappy with the performance.

I absolutely agree with Jurgen. The point was a good result. The performance lacked any sort of guile, creativity and will to win. That is what is so disappointing.

Modric good, the defenders and Friedel alright. The rest a bit meh.

Hopefully we won't see Sandro and Parker together again in the league this season.

You really are a complete Modric- phile arent you. Anyone who watched the game today can see he was really poor. No creativity at all.

With all respect, I'm concerned with how other teams do against them. We have more than enough to at least give them some problems, Mignolet was a spectator for the majority of the game.

You should be concerned. It's a barometer to how good they are. If better teams than us go there and struggle, then we know when we've done well.

You should be concerned. It's a barometer to how good they are. If better teams than us go there and struggle, then we know when we've done well.

But at least City created plenty of chances and were genuinely unlucky to get beat, they had shots off the line, hit the woodwork etc. If we had lost today, could we really have had any complaints?

Yes. We dominated the game and were the away team. No way we deserved to lose that game.

We played pretty football as we always do, but we were toothless going forward and gave the ball away far too much. Like I keep saying, I'm not unhappy with the result, just unhappy that we didn't even test their keeper or force him to make any saves.

You really are a complete Modric- phile arent you. Anyone who watched the game today can see he was really poor. No creativity at all.

So, out of our midfield 5 and striker, or midfield 3 and front 3 if you prefer, who were better than Modric today in your opinion.

If Modric had "no creativity at all", how would you describe the creativity levels of Parker and Sandro? I'm quite curious about this one. Were they in the negative? Please, I really do wonder.

Seeing as Sandro and Parker supposedly played the deeper roles and seeing how we like and tried to build from the back, how many times did either for them make a forward pass into space between Sunderland's defenders and midfielders where we could cause some problems?

Modric and VdV came deep, seeing as our central defenders and Sandro/Parker seemingly are only capable of passing the ball sideways until they lose it, I say that's a good thing. Modric played several nice one-two passes and moved into space in the final third to create something, but unfortunately time and time again there was little going on around him.

So, out of our midfield 5 and striker, or midfield 3 and front 3 if you prefer, who were better than Modric today in your opinion.

If Modric had "no creativity at all", how would you describe the creativity levels of Parker and Sandro? I'm quite curious about this one. Were they in the negative? Please, I really do wonder.

Seeing as Sandro and Parker supposedly played the deeper roles and seeing how we like and tried to build from the back, how many times did either for them make a forward pass into space between Sunderland's defenders and midfielders where we could cause some problems?

Modric and VdV came deep, seeing as our central defenders and Sandro/Parker seemingly are only capable of passing the ball sideways until they lose it, I say that's a good thing. Modric played several nice one-two passes and moved into space in the final third to create something, but unfortunately time and time again there was little going on around him.

You miss the point. it is Modric's job (not Parkers or Sandros ) to be creative, make things happen. My gripe with him is that in these type of games he rarely if ever imposes himself. He doesnt run at teams, commit defenders, play incisive balls, make crucial assists, score match winning goals. With two sitting midfielders,and therefore shorn of his defensive duties, he must become the heartbeat of the side and make things happen further up the field. Unfortunately for us, he just doesnt.

Again, I am sick of asking when he has turned one point into three or no points into one from a KC or goal, particularly in the last quarter of games. No one seems to be able to answer this question. Today was just another day he failed to deliver for us in a tight game.

Sandro 2 Don't want to see this waste of space in the side again.

You might want to start supporting another team over the next few seasons then because I have a feeling he will be used alot more. Your comment is the ultimate fickle nonsense Spurs fans are infamous for.

I have a feeling this could get rubbed in your face

You miss the point. it is Modric's job (not Parkers or Sandros ) to be creative, make things happen. My gripe with him is that in these type of games he rarely if ever imposes himself. He doesnt run at teams, commit defenders, play incisive balls, make crucial assists, score match winning goals. With two sitting midfielders,and therefore shorn of his defensive duties, he must become the heartbeat of the side and make things happen further up the field. Unfortunately for us, he just doesnt.

Again, I am sick of asking when he has turned one point into three or no points into one from a KC or goal, particularly in the last quarter of games. No one seems to be able to answer this question. Today was just another day he failed to deliver for us in a tight game.

Agree to a certain extent.

There's no doubt that on his day he's a fantastic footballer with unebelievable close control and ability. I know he's not in the team to score goals, but there's no doubt that a player with his ability should score more. Xavi has scored 14 goals this season, and he's not in the Barca team primarily to get goals. Maybe an unfair comparison as Xavi and Modric are perhaps different types of players, plus Xavi plays for the best side in the world! But some Spurs fans compare him (ability wise) to the likes of Iniesta, but the goals totals are the main difference imo.

I will say in his defence though that he was excellent against Chelsea and would have had 2 assists if we had been more clinical.

Back