• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Sunderland

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Fookin awful

Friedel - 6. Poor distribution.

Walker - 5. Poor, constantly lost their left-sided player allowing heaps of space behind him.
Gallas - 6. Pretty solid.
Kaboul - 7. Our MoM - some great defending.
BAE - 5. Some shocking clearances and poor crosses/passing.

VdV - 5. Poor passing and should really have scored.
Sandro - 4. Awful game, looked like he was lacking concentration.
Parker - 5. Couple of impressive tackles doesn't hide a pretty poor game.
Modric - 5. Nowhere near his best.
Bale - 6. The one player who looked to push forward.

Adebayor - 5. Shackled to say the least.

Subs:
Lennon - 6. Immediately added threat. Should start next game.
Saha - N/A
Defoe - N/A

Fookin awful

Friedel - 6. Poor distribution.

Walker - 5. Poor, constantly lost their left-sided player allowing heaps of space behind him.
Gallas - 6. Pretty solid.
Kaboul - 7. Our MoM - some great defending.
BAE - 5. Some shocking clearances and poor crosses/passing.

Parker - 5. Couple of impressive tackles doesn't hide a pretty poor game.
Modric - 5. Nowhere near his best.
Bale - 6. The one player who looked to push forward.

Adebayor - 5. Shackled to say the least.

Subs:
Lennon - 6. Immediately added threat. Should start next game.
Saha - N/A
Defoe - N/A

Can't really disagree with that, maybe BAE on a 6

THFC - N/A

It wasnt a football match out there. It takes two teams to play football

Fookin awful

Bit harsh on those two - I'd give them one more each. VdV put in several decent passes and whilst it''s true Sandro looks well below his best he did at least put himself about a fair bit

Friedel and defence - 7 - Dealt with everything

Everyone else 5

Parker 3 - Great competitor and reads the game well defensively but jesus christ you playing a man light in the attacking third. Sometimes people call players like VdV 'luxury' or 'passengers', but we have our very own luxury defensive midfielder. He actually cannot play a five yeard pass. I've never seen a player outside the defence who contributes so so little moving forwards. Any time he receives the ball its totally counter productive.

I'm one of Walker biggest critics on here. There's no way he deserves a 5. He did a good defensive job on McClean.
As for Sandro he won more tackles than anyone else and got more interception than anyone but BAE.

Parker 3 - Great competitor and reads the game well defensively but jesus christ you playing a man light in the attacking third. Sometimes people call players like VdV 'luxury' or 'passengers', but we have our very own luxury defensive midfielder. He actually cannot play a five yeard pass. I've never seen a player outside the defence who contributes so so little moving forwards. Any time he receives the ball its totally counter productive.

So because he had a bad offensive game you give him a 3? That's not what he's fudging there for. He did a great job defensively, and that's all that matters. Anything else? Bonus. I give him a solid 6.5.

Friedel 6 Didn't really have anything to do

Walker 5 McClean got the better of him on more than one occasion.
Gallas 7 Solid display.
Kaboul 7 Our best player.
Ekotto 5 Awful! Always wants to beat the opposition player one more time. Do people on here still think he's the best left back in the league?

Sandro 5 Shocking passing, a few rash tackles too.
Modric 5 Nowhere near his best.
Parker 5 Some good tackles, but absolutely atrocious going forward! Gave the ball away too many times.

VDV 5 Some good set pieces, but wasteful in front of goal .
Bale 6 Looked a threat at times going forward.
Adebayor 5 Had no service, but didn't offer anything either.

Lennon 6 Looked threatening as soon as he came on, I'd be amazed if he wasn't in the starting lineup on Monday.
Saha N/A
Defoe N/A

Why are we so poor in the North East? Doesn't matter which team we play against, we never quite do enough to win there (except last season).

I'm one of Walker biggest critics on here. There's no way he deserves a 5. He did a good defensive job on McClean.
As for Sandro he won more tackles than anyone else and got more interception than anyone but BAE.

Yeah thought he did well today Walker, I have been a big critic of him on here but he's had some really mature performances in the last month.

Why is Bale and Lennon both on 6?

1 looked threatining and created our best chance while the other just floated around like a wannabe Messi.

So because he had a bad offensive game you give him a 3? That's not what he's fudging there for. He did a great job defensively, and that's all that matters. Anything else? Bonus. I give him a solid 6.5.

Thats not what im saying. What he provides is so narrow and so limited, especially against a team that didn't leave their own half that he was damaging rather than positive today. I dont want him scoring 25 a season or making storming runs, but surely professional midfielders in this day and age should be able to make a five yard forward pass.

3 was generous by the way.

Mclean was given acres of space to run into too many times, and I love Sandro but his godawful control nearly cost us on more than one occasion.

Why is Bale and Lennon both on 6?

1 looked threatining and created our best chance while the other just floated around like a wannabe Messi.

You didn't see the through ball that Lennon played to VdV then where he should really have scored?

You didn't see the through ball that Lennon played to VdV then where he should really have scored?

Agree; That's what I am on about. Lennon was much more effective than Bale.

Bale is letting his hype go into his head; He needs to knuckle down and I hope Harry puts him on the bench on Monday in order to try and show him that he isn't untouchable.

Back