• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Sunderland

Good performance, good result. Not sure why people are so bitter to be honest. When did our fans become so arrogant to believe that we should be turning over teams away from home?

I thought today would be a tough game, I also thought Sunderland would be better and were there for the taking today. We missed an opportunity, and considering Saudi Sportswashing Machine's recent form, we can't afford to be dropping many more points. It's just frustraing to see us play so average year after year in the North East.

without wanting to go on an anti parker crusade - what did he do to deserve a 7?

-Sunderland didn't attack
-Parker cant/ shouldn't cross the half way line

Sat infront of the back 4, broke up each rare Sunderland attack, did his job and gave the ball to the supposed creative players.

I thought today would be a tough game, I also thought Sunderland would be better and were there for the taking today. We missed an opportunity, and considering Saudi Sportswashing Machine's recent form, we can't afford to be dropping many more points. It's just frustraing to see us play so average year after year in the North East.

I think in isolation we did well today. We didn't go there as favourites that's for sure. We dominated possession, Sunderland played deep and packed men behind the ball. A draw up there is easily in line with a team challenging for a 3rd place finish and I am more than a little bit disappointed with the attitude of a lot of Spurs fans, and how easily we dismiss opponents as being inferior. When did our fans become more arrogant than Utd's?! And what exactly have we done to warrant this arrogance?

I think in isolation we did well today. We didn't go there as favourites that's for sure. We dominated possession, Sunderland played deep and packed men behind the ball. A draw up there is easily in line with a team challenging for a 3rd place finish and I am more than a little bit disappointed with the attitude of a lot of Spurs fans, and how easily we dismiss opponents as being inferior. When did our fans become more arrogant than Utd's?! And what exactly have we done to warrant this arrogance?

I think people are more disappointed with the performance than the actual result. I thought Sunderland would go for it more, but they had a game plan to stifle us, which worked. How many chances did we create today? Did Mignolet have to make any saves? I realise that they defended well, but we didn't even play 1 killer ball today.

I agree about some of the fans taking other teams too lightly. There was a far worse reaction on here when we drew away to Saudi Sportswashing Machine earlier in the season if you remember? Actually looks like a pretty decent result now doesn't it?

I play, though i play other sports more.

It annoys me more than anything when playing with/against someone who is playing half-heartedly, because whats the point.

I don't think we were half hearted. We lacked ideas and quality in the final third, but our approach play was no better or worse than usual. Had Ade scored his header, and had VDV scored his chance then I'd wager the ratings would be a lot higher even if we had played identical for the other 93 minutes of the match. It always amuses me how the actual result often clouds people's judgement of the performance. We rate on the performance, not the result...surely?

I think people are more disappointed with the performance than the actual result. I thought Sunderland would go for it more, but they had a game plan to stifle us, which worked. How many chances did we create today? Did Mignolet have to make any saves? I realise that they defended well, but we didn't even play 1 killer ball today.

I agree about some of the fans taking other teams too lightly. There was a far worse reaction on here when we drew away to Saudi Sportswashing Machine earlier in the season if you remember? Actually looks like a pretty decent result now doesn't it?

The only team in the Premiership that has gotten 3pts against Sunderland at their place since O'Neill took over are the scummy lot down the road. And even they were very lucky with a last minute winner after not really deserving to win the game. Plus Sunderland had a nailed on penalty not given against them. Sunderland then beat them a week later at home in the FA Cup. Sunderland have beaten Emirates Marketing Project at their place too.

A defeat wouldn't be the end of the world against such opposition
A draw is a good result
A win is an excellent result

It's a good result, in what is probably our hardest game on paper for the remainder of the season.

The only team in the Premiership that has gotten 3pts against Sunderland at their place since O'Neill took over are the scummy lot down the road. And even they were very lucky with a last minute winner after not really deserving to win the game. Plus Sunderland had a nailed on penalty not given against them. Sunderland then beat them a week later at home in the FA Cup. Sunderland have beaten Emirates Marketing Project at their place too.

A defeat wouldn't be the end of the world against such opposition
A draw is a good result
A win is an excellent result

It's a good result, in what is probably our hardest game on paper for the remainder of the season.

Again, I think people are more upset with the performance. If we had created tons of chances but couldn't score then people would have accepted that, but we didn't create anything. I'm happy with a point, just unhappy with the performance.

Friedel 7 Nothing of note to do, but he was tidy.
Ekotto 7 Pretty good from Benny today.
Walker 5 Got caught out of position. Can only run in a straight line, cannot cross.
Kaboul 7 Untroubled.
Gallas 7 Ibid.
Sandro 2 Don't want to see this waste of space in the side again.
Parker 5 Someone needs to re-explain his role to him.
Modric 7 Couldn't really impose himself, but kept trying, not too bad from the wee man
VDV 5 Completely off the pace today.
Bale 6 Still coming inside too much.
Adebayor. 5 Not his day today. Not as much urgency from him as last wek.

Last edited:
Somebody ought to tell O`Neil that the game is about entertainment, they are in no danger of relegation and could only prosper by winning, good performance against a fudging brick team with a fudging brick manager.

Somebody ought to tell O`Neil that the game is about entertainment, they are in no danger of relegation and could only prosper by winning, good performance against a fudging brick team with a fudging brick manager.

He's a top 6 manager at best, nothing more nothing less.

Back