• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Sunderland

Thats not what im saying. What he provides is so narrow and so limited, especially against a team that didn't leave their own half that he was damaging rather than positive today. I dont want him scoring 25 a season or making storming runs, but surely professional midfielders in this day and age should be able to make a five yard forward pass.

3 was generous by the way.

He makes sideways passes. He gets most of them to their intended target. He isn't there to make forward passes. Though he does make forward runs, and when he does, he retains possession a surprising amount of times. Sure, he isn't as good with the ball at his feet as Modric or VdV, but then, no one is. Sandro can barely make an accurate pass, let alone a forward one right now. So why is Parker being judged on standards that should normally apply to Modric? Sure, if Modric made terrible forward passes all game I'd give him a 3 or less. But he does his job well. As does Parker.

Would you rather Zokora? Or Michael Brown?

Agree; That's what I am on about. Lennon was much more effective than Bale.

Bale is letting his hype go into his head; He needs to knuckle down and I hope Harry puts him on the bench on Monday in order to try and show him that he isn't untouchable.

Disagree, he made some good runs and had good movement (which one time resulted in an excellent header). Still drifted inside too much, but understandable with the way Sunderland played.

People critisizing Parker, and not mentioning Modric must have been watching a different game to me. Modric was very poor, considering he's meant to be the creative one who makes things happen.

This. Harry cost us this game by playing Sandro and Parker together.

So the players didn't have anything to do with it?

The fact that VDV, Modric, Bale, Adebayor didn't create anything was because Sandro and Parker was on the pitch?

4669812732_5407c2534c_z.jpg

People critisizing Parker, and not mentioning Modric must have been watching a different game to me. Modric was very poor, considering he's meant to be the creative one who makes things happen.

absolutely spot on. Others claim he is SUPPOSED to be our "creative lynchpin" that "sets the tempo for games" and "makes things happen". As I said before, in tight games like this he just doesnt do it imo and that is why I say he is ineffective. Not one bit of inspiration from him all game.

He makes sideways passes. He gets most of them to their intended target. He isn't there to make forward passes. Though he does make forward runs, and when he does, he retains possession a surprising amount of times. Sure, he isn't as good with the ball at his feet as Modric or VdV, but then, no one is. Sandro can barely make an accurate pass, let alone a forward one right now. So why is Parker being judged on standards that should normally apply to Modric? Sure, if Modric made terrible forward passes all game I'd give him a 3 or less. But he does his job well. As does Parker.

Would you rather Zokora? Or Michael Brown?

I'm not comparing him to modric, or asking him to have the finesse of VdV. I'm just saying that in the context of todays game, having parker on the pitch was dreadful. Not what we needed today. And if you though he was 'excellent' then i'd be interested to know how? Sunderland didn't cross the fudging half way line apart from set pieces into the box.

He was a total passenger today who offers less than nothing in an attacking sense.

I would rather have had Michael Brown on the pitch today than Parker, at least he could shoot. Sometimes.

But if you want to ignore my point and keep waffling on about modric or vdv or whatever other gonad*s its up to you.

Disagree, he made some good runs and had good movement (which one time resulted in an excellent header). Still drifted inside too much, but understandable with the way Sunderland played.

Not sure I understand this line of thinking tbh. When the other team have all men behind the ball, and all within a small confined space in the centre of the pitch, the repsonse of our only wide player on the pitch should not then be to come inside and a) clog up the space even more and b) lose the ball when he runs. His dribbling style isn't suited for condensed areas with lots of players, he isn't Messi.

He was needed to give us width and stretch the play.

Friedel 6

Walker 6
Gallas 7
Kaboul 7
Ekotto 7

Parker 7
Sandro 5
Modric 6

VDV 6
Bale 5
Ade 5

Lennon 7
Defoe n/a
Saha n/a

Harry - right team

Friedel 6

Walker 6
Gallas 7
Kaboul 7
Ekotto 7

Parker 7
Sandro 5
Modric 6

VDV 6
Bale 5
Ade 5

Lennon 7
Defoe n/a
Saha n/a

Harry - right team

without wanting to go on an anti parker crusade - what did he do to deserve a 7?

-Sunderland didn't attack
-Parker cant/ shouldn't cross the half way line

I'm not comparing him to modric, or asking him to have the finesse of VdV. I'm just saying that in the context of todays game, having parker on the pitch was dreadful. Not what we needed today. And if you though he was 'excellent' then i'd be interested to know how? Sunderland didn't cross the fudging half way line apart from set pieces into the box.

He was a total passenger today who offers less than nothing in an attacking sense.

I would rather have had Michael Brown on the pitch today than Parker, at least he could shoot. Sometimes.

But if you want to ignore my point and keep waffling on about modric or vdv or whatever other gonad*s its up to you.

Never said he was excellent. Said he did his job well. He did.
Never mentioned VdV. Mentioned Modric, because you're waffling on about him making forward passes when that's actually Modric's job.

He raced back to take the ball of Sunderland's players more than once,won quite a few challenges, and absolutely blasted across the field to take on McClean, if I remember correctly. He also dispossessed their players on the edge of the box a fair few times, and maintained possession in their half fairly effectively.

And still he gets a three on ten. Utterly baffling. If you feel he wasn't what we needed on the pitch today, well, then blame Harry for picking him. Don't blame him for doing nothing but his job.

And just for the record, I believe we'd have lost that game if we hadn't picked him. The reason Sunderland were stifled was because we were playing Parker, not in spite of it.

Thats not what im saying. What he provides is so narrow and so limited, especially against a team that didn't leave their own half that he was damaging rather than positive today. I dont want him scoring 25 a season or making storming runs, but surely professional midfielders in this day and age should be able to make a five yard forward pass.

3 was generous by the way.

Whoah! Be careful what you're saying you can't criticise Parker. Remember Parker isn't in the game to attack but to defend and if he can't make 5 yard passes forward to the attacking players then it doesn't matter. As long as he still dives in recklessly or gets turned easily that's all that matters to me.

Good performance, good result. Not sure why people are so bitter to be honest. When did our fans become so arrogant to believe that we should be turning over teams away from home?

without wanting to go on an anti parker crusade - what did he do to deserve a 7?

-Sunderland didn't attack
-Parker cant/ shouldn't cross the half way line

He made three or four superb challenges. There is little doubt that he suffers when Sandro is on the pitch though. It needs to be him or Sandro if we're playing a 4-5-1.

Good performance, good result. Not sure why people are so bitter to be honest. When did our fans become so arrogant to believe that we should be turning over teams away from home?

Don't believe we 'should' turn teams over. I'd like to think we'd at least try to.

I'm a big fan of Parker and I agree he's not in the team for his attacking prowess, but when him and Sandro give the ball away repeatedly like they did today, it puts the defence under pressure hence why I gave both of them low ratings.

Back