• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

QPR ratings

Didn't think Naughton was great but he was better than Walker again, who was skinned by SWP a few times.

Naughton was done regularly and caught on the ball far too often

To be fair, when Walker got done by SWP, it was a stunning bit of skill from SWP

(IIRC there was one in both halves, and that skill would've done any right back)

Naughton looked well out of place today (and when your opponents are QPR, that really doesn't bode well)

Naughton was done regularly and caught on the ball far too often

To be fair, when Walker got done by SWP, it was a stunning bit of skill from SWP

(IIRC there was one in both halves, and that skill would've done any right back)

Naughton looked well out of place today (and when your opponents are QPR, that really doesn't bode well)

You were there, and I watched on tv, so due respect.

But tv yields a different perspective and the one I watched showed Naughton doing pretty well overall. For sure his forward play left much to be desired but in defence he kept close to his man and got in a decent number of successful tackles.

The problem with creativity stems back to last season aswell when we couldnt break teams down at the Lane under Harry and that was with the likes of VDV and Modric in the side. Harry played the perfect game plan as he knows our strengths and weaknesses so well. From a crtical tactics point of view,i would say is we didnt use the wings very well today and the tempo wasnt there other than the first 20 mins.

I think Levy should have looked at this game and said we're a decent side but we do lack creativity and a decent world class striker if we want to push on and get top 4. Let's hope he can bring in two of either Moutinho, Sneijner, Diamao or Negrado. We are crying out for a couple more world class players in those positions.

This. I watched plenty of games last year including the corresponding fixture at Loftus Road with Modric playing where we were unable to break teams down. The World class striker who would have improved us was Berbatov - I understand why fans wouldnt want him back although it seems strange those same fans would accept modric back.

Lloris - 7 - Had little to do.

Walker - 5 - Lots of mistakes.......Again !
Dawson - 6.5 - Frustrating hoof after hoof, but did do some great tackles.
Vertonghen - 7 - Smooth and dependable.
Naughton - 6 - One step forward, one step back.

Lennon - 5 - Had no answer to the brick walls he was running into today.
Dembele - 6 - Some silky touches but no end product today.
Sandro - 5 - Disappointing.
Bale - 4 - Poor game, wasted posession and free kicks infuriating.

Adebayor - 4 - Should have scored, looks a broken man at the moment.
Defoe - 5 - Had his customary "Defoe" shot early one but then invisible.

Parker - 7 - Impressive when he came on.
Dempsey 6 - Went to the loo and genuinely didnt realise he had come on until about 10 minutes later.
Sigurdsson - 5 - Again he was bought on to late to make any difference. Looks desperate to impress.

that looks about right. Poor performance but that happens. Shows that we're not a bad side when you play poorly and still pick up points

Lloris 8 - Dawson 8

Well pleased that Daws played despite many people thinking he shouldn't have. Some match saving tackles and blocks, and a typical 100% performance.

Lloris 7 Clean sheet and great to rush outside the box

Walker 5 Got done a couple of times and nothing going forward

Dawson 6 Good. Apart from one or two bad passes. I am not a fan of him but he was solid today. Hard in the challenge and led the line well.

Vertonghen 7 Fine

Naughton 5 Too many bad passes, especially at the end

Lennon 5 Nothing. Sharp in the first half as he is confident at the moment but nothing interesting.

Sandro 6 Started game well before injury

Dembele 7 Good presence in midfield

Bale 5 Not involved today

Defoe 5 Unlucky not to score early on. Nothing else.

Adebayor 4 Not a lot apart from missing golden chance

Parker 8 Fantastic when he came on, still a bit slow though

Dawson 6 Good. Apart from one or two bad passes. I am not a fan of him but he was solid today. Hard in the challenge and led the line well.

Vertonghen 7 Fine

Lennon 5 Nothing. Sharp in the first half as he is confident at the moment but nothing interesting.

Dembele 7 - good presence in midfield???

You cannot be serious, surely!!

This was Moussa's worst game in a Spurs shirt by a country mile. He was frequently outmuscled by Mbia and robbed of possession (occasionally in dangerous situations) in the first half. And, after his booking, he barely got involved in the game at all in the second half. A shadow of his normal self.

I'm not gonna slate him for it. He's been absolutely fantastic for us prior to today and everyone is allowed to have the occasional poor game. But I cannot fathom how anyone could come to the conclusion that he had a good game today. No offence meant!

Last edited:
Lloris 7
Walker 5,5
Dawson 7
Vertonghen 7
Naughton 6
Lennon 5,5
Sandro 6
Dembele 5 worst game in a Spurs shirt
Bale 5 off the pace
Jd 6
Adebayor 5

Parker 8

Vertonghen 7 Fine

You accidentally mixed up Naughton and Dembele's ratings.

Can't believe people are letting Ade off the hook for that chance yesterday. Yes it was a good save and he did get lucky, but wouldn't you expect most top 4 level strikers to bury that kind of chance from that distance?

Lloris - 7

Naughton - 6
Dawson - 7
Verts - 7
Walker - 6

Dembele - 5
Lennon - 6
Bale -6
Sandro - n/a
Parker - 7.5 MotM

Ade - 5
Defoe - 6

Dempsey - 6
Sigg - 5

Can't believe people are letting Ade off the hook for that chance yesterday. Yes it was a good save and he did get lucky, but wouldn't you expect most top 4 level strikers to bury that kind of chance from that distance?

Yes, I'd expect most top 4 level strikers to bury that kind of chance. Unless the keeper makes a wonder save. Like Cesar did.

I think people are so used to Adebayor wasting those chances now. It is only surprising when he scores chances like that. As his fans argue, they only look forward for him to help our attacks, not to score goals.

I think people are so used to Adebayor wasting those chances now. It is only surprising when he scores chances like that. As his fans argue, they only look forward for him to help our attacks, not to score goals.

No, we expect him to score but we don't make up stuff about him. If he is playing OK (which he is doing despite what the haters are saying) and scoring (which he is doing, he scored in the previous EPL game) and if we are winning 3-0 most games I am a happy Spurs fan.
I personally would like to see Defoe dropped because I think Ade will score more goals alongside Clint but if we are winning 3-0 I am not going to make up stuff about Defoe on this site.

And exactly how many goals has the Ade/Defoe partnership brought forth? What is it - one goal between them in the last five games - especially when we are in a good run of results.

Not good enough I'm afraid - and too many apologists on here. Ade and Defoe just doesnt work. We tried it a few times last season and quite a few this season. We desperately need a new top notch striker. For AVB to say we dont, is just wrong. It has cost us in the last two seasons and if we dont get one, then I am fearful it might well cost us again. Quality strikers make all the difference. We dont have one, never mind two.

OK Sir,
You are talking tactics right, and the lack of these from AVB.
Please explain why not having a GREAT striker is AVB's fault and what it has to do with tactics.
AVB has to work with what he HAS, not us behind a keyboard saying it if his fault.

So AVB has said to the media hungry twants, that we MAY not get a striker. Do you have a relationship with him so that
you know that ALL of don't.
Or do you expect him to announce to all and sundry that we are in for striker A, B, C etc.
How do you know that the club ( Levy ) are not working on it.
Yes, we need a creative midfielder like Modric. AVB wanted / wants Moutinho. Is it his fault that we didn't get him,
and what has that to do with tactics ?
Yes we need a striker, everyone knows that. Again, how is that AVB's tactical failing that we don't have one.
AVB has to work with the squad he has.

By the way I suggest you send your tactical resume to Levy. You will be first in line when AVB is shown the
door, as you are hoping all the time

Give the guy a chance. Don't confuse tactics with resources. AVB has to work with what he has, not what he might want.

COYS

Yes, I'd expect most top 4 level strikers to bury that kind of chance. Unless the keeper makes a wonder save. Like Cesar did.

Hardly a wonder save. Wasn't like he had to dive across the goal and it was a good height for him. It was 8 yards out and he didn't score.

No, we expect him to score but we don't make up stuff about him. If he is playing OK (which he is doing despite what the haters are saying) and scoring (which he is doing, he scored in the previous EPL game) and if we are winning 3-0 most games I am a happy Spurs fan.
I personally would like to see Defoe dropped because I think Ade will score more goals alongside Clint but if we are winning 3-0 I am not going to make up stuff about Defoe on this site.

How is he playing OK? Look at the ratings in each game on this forum, look in the papers and see how they rate his current Spurs performances, ask Spurs fans who attend the games speficially Coventry and the game on Saturday if he is playing well. Most are in agreement that he is playing poorly except for a few posters on GG who won't have it that he's playing badly just because he scored goals last season. You want to drop our highest goalscorer, the only Spurs player to get double figures in the league this season in favour of a player who has scored 2 all season?

COYS indeed.

AVB made some tactical errors when he first arrived. One up front, two DMs, Lennon offensively neutered, defensive substitutions, ceding the initiative etc. He appeared to be learning and improving on the job - ie two up front, one DM, Lennon more offensive (except yesterday), no more have what we hold attitude. We still start slowly though (the stats demostrate this) and dont win games in the last ten minutes (but rather still tend to lose them). I think he is improving and am quite happy to give the guy a chance. However, on Saturday, we went back to our toothless selves and whatever tactics he utilised patently didnt work. When we are playing teams with all 11 back we can afford to be more aggressive offensively and take more chances. Did you see Bale or Lennon take on their men? Or Dembele or Ade or Defoe? Games like this cry out for some individualism to unlock congested areas. I am annoyed not because we failed, but because we never gave it a go. You could put it down to the players, but the reason the manager gets the big bucks is because he (and the coaching staff) are charged with coming up with the answers.

But, and this seems to be where we differ. I think we need a top notch striker. You obviously do too. AVB didnt say we may not get a striker he said we dont need another striker. My gripe is not that he comes out and says that to all and sundry - but that he says we DONT NEED another striker. Surely it would have been better to keep his own counsel and not make any comment on this at all. If we buy another striker now, he will look like he doesnt know what he is talking about.

COYS indeed.

AVB made some tactical errors when he first arrived. One up front, two DMs, Lennon offensively neutered, defensive substitutions, ceding the initiative etc. He appeared to be learning and improving on the job - ie two up front, one DM, Lennon more offensive (except yesterday), no more have what we hold attitude. We still start slowly though (the stats demostrate this) and dont win games in the last ten minutes (but rather still tend to lose them). I think he is improving and am quite happy to give the guy a chance. However, on Saturday, we went back to our toothless selves and whatever tactics he utilised patently didnt work. When we are playing teams with all 11 back we can afford to be more aggressive offensively and take more chances. Did you see Bale or Lennon take on their men? Or Dembele or Ade or Defoe? Games like this cry out for some individualism to unlock congested areas. I am annoyed not because we failed, but because we never gave it a go. You could put it down to the players, but the reason the manager gets the big bucks is because he (and the coaching staff) are charged with coming up with the answers.

But, and this seems to be where we differ. I think we need a top notch striker. You obviously do too. AVB didnt say we may not get a striker he said we dont need another striker. My gripe is not that he comes out and says that to all and sundry - but that he says we DONT NEED another striker. Surely it would have been better to keep his own counsel and not make any comment on this at all. If we buy another striker now, he will look like he doesnt know what he is talking about.

Hello Tactical Genius.
So AVB made some tactical errors when he first came here. So why are you posting it in the QPR thread after half the season has gone?

So, if we buy another striker, you think it will look like he doesn't know what is happening. Far from that. You don't tell stupid newspaper twants what your plans are. It will only increase the prices for whoever we maybe interested in. If it happens, he will just smile and say that Levy pulled a good deal.
I don't know what you do for a living. I speculate in stocks and real estate. If I come across a gem, do you think I will tell anyone. Hell no.

Last edited:
Back