• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pav Contract Extention - Why is the Question ???

Some crucial goals, but at the end of the day, a proper Skivin' Ivan. Great fee, wish him well.

Maybe Harry hated him because his Cokcney pearls of wit could crack up better English-speaking players but Pav was like Pedro to Basil Fawlty.

'Que!? Que!? OK, boss. I do fack-eeng run 'round beet now.'

a proper Skivin' Ivan

fudge you, that's totally uncalled for.

As for Pav, he's kind of the Russian Darren Bent ... Good when all he has to do is finish, but unable to be fully involved in play like must modern top class strikers. The team has just improved past needing the type of player he is, and he had no role anymore.

Pav has played his whole career for my two favorite clubs (Spartak and Spurs), it's going to be strange seeing him in another shirt ... especially that brick club Lokomotiv.

just saw him on SSN leaving Spurs Lodge for the last time

farewell my Ruskie friend. The hairstyle and dress sense will long live in the memory. Some nice goals too

Now take yer lazy ass off to Moscow

Iversen vs Pav for the worst first touch I've seen from a Spurs attacking player. Absolutely! Am delighted to see the back of him, and now wait for the inevitable story in the press about how mistreated he was etc.

I wish i could remember who it was on here who said Pav had the best first touch at the club. Must've been around the start of last season. Don't expect them to own up to it and rightfully so!

Good luck Pav. Thanks for the goals, especially vs Liverpool, Burnley, West Ham, Young Boys and down the stretch of the 09/10 season.

He may not have been the best striker we've had but he was certainly one of the best stirrers of passion. Now we're down to 'what does Jenas do?', 'is Livermore the new Jenas (what does he do?)?', 'Nelson's too old', 'Saha?', 'Dawson is a liability', 'Walker can't defend', 'Abedayor should be the best finisher in the world', 'Defoe is a flat-track bully with no footballing brain' and 'Harry out'. Bare bones for moaning!

:^)

But cheers Pav, I suppose the one great memory was beating Whingerpool 2-1 at the start of Harry's reign. Good luck.

Yes. Good luck to him in the future. No hard feelings. Cant forget his cup goals, certainly helped us get to Wembley and how important was that winner was v Liverpool. We'll never know what difference it would have made had that game stayed 1-1

Iversen vs Pav for the worst first touch I've seen from a Spurs attacking player. Absolutely! Am delighted to see the back of him, and now wait for the inevitable story in the press about how mistreated he was etc.

I must have this football marlarky all wrong; so his first touch at home against Chelsea last year was poor, along with his touch for the other 41 goals he scored for us? Quite frankly, I couldn't care less if a striker does nothing for 89.59 seconds, as it only takes a second to score, and when they score the winner for us (or get us back into a game or tie), I am a happy bunny.

Please don't get me wrong, I love all of those Nicholson and Blanchflower quotes about style and quality, but they are from another era, and one that had vanished before I was out of short trousers. I don't care how we win, as long as we win, and to win games you need to score goals. At least Pav knew where the goal was when he was given the service, or he managed to make a goal out of nothing.

Still, he has gone now and that is that. Lets hope that Saha, JD and Ade deliver the goods, enabling us all to rapidly allow Pav's memory to fade?

:^)

But cheers Pav, I suppose the one great memory was beating Whingerpool 2-1 at the start of Harry's reign. Good luck.

He played his part when he had his best spell for us in the year we finished fourth from Jan onwards.

He played his part when he had his best spell for us in the year we finished fourth from Jan onwards.

That being his only decent run of games in his time with us is a pretty poor return for ?ú14m. It was always going to be a big ask coming into the team as Barbatov left but he is yet another Comolli signing that did not meet the needs at the team at the time.

Really disappointed. But can understand why he was so desperate to leave. He simply had to go to increase his chances to play in Euro2012. Redknapp have been treating him badly this season, not giving him much chance to play. If he had stayed, he might have been dropped by Russia for lack of playing time. At his age, don't think he could afford to be dropped from such a prestigious tournament.

It was amazing Pavly stayed this long under Redknapp. Ever since Redknapp took over, it was clear he didn't want Pavly. Redknapp did everything he could to make Pavly unwanted. Won't ever forget Redknapp's disgusting face reactions when Pavly scored the goal against Wigan 2 years ago. That was the start of a great run for Pavly which helped us finish 4th and seal a place in Champs.League.

Apart from that, he almost single handedly took us to Carling Cup 2009 Final by scoring goals in every round. Other memorable moments includes his goals against ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea, Inter Milan and the wonder goals against Bolton, Young Boys and Birmingham. He has even scored this season against Sunderland which could yet become crucial goal for us.

Thanks Pavly for all the great moments. Your goals helped me forget all my problems. It would always cheer me up whenever you score. It was always great to see you scoring and have the smile on your face. You had a good Euro2008. Hope to see you scoring for Russia in Euro2012 as well, maybe coming back to kick England out at later stage ! What better way to take revenge on future England manager Redknapp ! Like what Postiga did to England in Euro2004 ! Good luck !

Last edited:
Sure he was lazy, but when he wanted to he turned on the style and goals came.

Bai Pav, have fun back in russia.

Could t agree more. Didn't work hard but I think he had a pretty good goals-to-games ratio. Always thought he was an odd purchase but I enjoyed watching him take shots. Hope he does well at Lokomotiv.

Could t agree more. Didn't work hard but I think he had a pretty good goals-to-games ratio. Always thought he was an odd purchase but I enjoyed watching him take shots. Hope he does well at Lokomotiv.

Odd purchase ? Pavly was more like a panic buy. Levy wanted Arshavin and chased after him for the majority of the transfer window in 2008. I still remember the 200 plus page thread on Arshavin here. But Levy just simply refused to pay the extra fees to seal the deal. So, to hide the embarassment he went and signed another Russian, Pavly. I was annoyed and didn't like Pavly at first. But began to like him after he scored the injury time winner against Liverpool.

Back