• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pav Contract Extention - Why is the Question ???

He's just a brick Louis Saha

He has a better goal scoring record for us as a squad player than that old crock does for Everton as a first-team starter. Plus he's 3 years younger.

The only thing good about this deal is the fee amount - can't turn that down.

Anyone who thinks Saha would bring more to the team than Pav as 4th choice is let's just say optimistic

The thing is that Adebayor brings a lot more to our game than just goalscoring; he's a sort of moving fulcrum for our attacking play, drawing defenders and creating space for other threats. It would certainly be nicer if he contributed a few more goals of his own as well, but I don't think that would be the most important aspect of his inclusion, even if that were the case. It's no coincidence for me that we're seeing Bale, Modrić, Lennon, etc., appear on the scoresheet more often now that Adebayor has settled into the side, and as long as opposing defenders continue to get drawn to following our "frontman" around, I hope and believe that will continue. Pavlyuchenko could never have provided us that.

IMO technically Harry is playing 4-5-1 most of the time with a lone striker. But we're winning, and I have no complaints with Harry's direction.

Pav is an old fashioned striker who needs to play with another alongside him, so I think he is severely underrated for his skills here. But he doesn't fit in anymore (he used to) so adios amigos! The 8 mil we got for Pav reflects his worth/value as a player ... good to see that he is valued that much.

i loved pav.. he may have been lacadasical at times, but he scored quality goals and had an amazing ratio for goals scored to minutes played.

the rate at which people jumped on his back and demonised him was frankly sickening .. all the best..

suuuuuper suuuper pav.

Agree - after some of the despicable comments in the Sunderland OMT (in which he actually gave us 3 invaluable points, but hey) I realised there is no way back for him. Rather leave and try to play football again elsewhere. Plus we got a great fee

Scored some crackers and had to fill massive boots.

Last edited:
Thanks Pav. I'll never forget being in the Park Lane when the last minute winner went in against Liverpool. Still brings a smile.

Roman-Pavlyuchenko-001.jpg

Did score some important goals and seemed a nice enough character who everyone wanted to succeed but he just wasn't good enough. His 1st half display against Blackpool at home last season was one of the most embarrassing performances I've ever seen.

Makes sense to get rid now.

Thanks Pav. I'll never forget being in the Park Lane when the last minute winner went in against Liverpool. Still brings a smile.

View attachment 127

I missed that game as I was in Brighton in a pub full of Liverpool fans, I'll always remember going mental celebrating that goal and nearly getting my head kicked in.

Scored some important goals, the goal against Young Boys in the CL was both immense and extremely important, but he was one of the laziest feckers I've ever seen in a Spurs shirt.

Good luck Pav.

Now create a video of his shots that hit the corner flag/row Z.

Good luck. Goodbye

The shots that couldn't be retrieved weren't the worst part of the game; it was his incredible laziness, woeful first touch, inability to stand up from any defender's touch and his total lack of vision.

Got fed up with him, never knew what player was gonna be on the pitch although a majority of the time it was the lazy whinger with a terrible sense of positioning and decision making.

Much happier with Saha as our reserve striker but only seeing how he slots into the team will tell. Regardless I'm glad we managed to offload Pav so we do now have a space in the squad if we manage to hunt down our new striker.

Amazing the love-in that a player gets when he leaves from people who really didn't like him when he was here.

If you only watch players on youtube then you'd think he was world class as he's scored some fantastic goals in his time, especially the ones against Bolton away, the two against Birmingham on the last day of last season, Ruben Kazan and Young Boys. But if you watched him for the entire game every week you'd have seen just how limited he was.

He has absolutely no pace, no strength, he has a poor work rate, can't hold the ball up, gives the ball away a lot, makes poor decisions and is only an average finisher. A goal hanger that always shoots on sight has had its uses when we've had Crouch, Keane and Gudjohnsen who weren't greedy enough, but overall I'd say he was a poor signing - a panic buy after Keane and Berbatov left, with the management having only seen him at Euro 2008 and not scouted him properly. I've seen far worse strikers at Spurs over the years but I'd probably have him on a par with Steffen Iversen or Les Ferdinand tbh. ?ú8m? Thank you very much.

I think to anyone who appreciates Team effort and formations then Super Pav was a weak link. He could finish on occasion and that would make him seem ok but he offered nothing else.

Glad we got a decent fee for him, more money in, less wages going out and an Unhappy squad member gone.

Back