• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pav Contract Extention - Why is the Question ???

Dan Levy could sell sand to the pharoahs, this is arguably a better deal than the Bent sale, absolutely delighted.

The mentality of Russian athletes in general leaves a lot to be desired. Real lack of effort, desire, hunger or whatever you want to call it.

I am sad that Pav has gone, as I always remember a stat provided by THFC6061, about his goals to games ratio. His returns were up there with some of the best. As I said on the old forum, he was a good european "number 10", and not the "out-and-out" english number 9 that everyone wanted him to be. I think our squad is a great deal "lighter" in attacking options this morning.

What concerns me is that if Ade can't get a sniff against a poor Wigan side*, what will an injury prone Saha provide us with?

* At least Pav managed to score 2 goals against Wigan on their ploughed field a season or two ago!

In all seriousness, without Pav's wonder goal against Young Boys, we wouldn't have had our dream Champs League run. Deserves a bit of respect for that ... which then gets negated by that ridiculous hair.

Don't let the door hit your poncy bowl-cut on the way out.

Tom Huddlestone @TomHuddlestone6
Sad to see 'super Pav' leave aswell, great character around the place! Never seen any1 strike a ball like him!

[video=youtube;mZ7AmlTVDDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ7AmlTVDDs&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;J1JuuJoBZZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1JuuJoBZZA&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;ac4AATxMCSo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac4AATxMCSo[/video]

lets not be so quick to forget what a player he was when on form.

He scored some of the finest goals we've seen here over the past few seasons

I wish Pav all the best as he did score some important goals for us over the years.

It was a shame that his overall game never really developed whilst he was with us, as he is blessed with one of the best shots in the league.

I am sad that Pav has gone, as I always remember a stat provided by THFC6061, about his goals to games ratio. His returns were up there with some of the best. As I said on the old forum, he was a good european "number 10", and not the "out-and-out" english number 9 that everyone wanted him to be. I think our squad is a great deal "lighter" in attacking options this morning.

What concerns me is that if Ade can't get a sniff against a poor Wigan side*, what will an injury prone Saha provide us with?

* At least Pav managed to score 2 goals against Wigan on their ploughed field a season or two ago!

I'm with you there, but Harry doesn't see value in a shoot-on-sight type of striker, so best for both parties.

Lots of great goals from him, very crucial ones too both in the league and in our local and european cup escapades.

He'll do well and cap off his career in his homeland. Hope to see him in the 2012 Euros too, and I'm expecting a few stingers from him still !

The thing is that Adebayor brings a lot more to our game than just goalscoring; he's a sort of moving fulcrum for our attacking play, drawing defenders and creating space for other threats. It would certainly be nicer if he contributed a few more goals of his own as well, but I don't think that would be the most important aspect of his inclusion, even if that were the case. It's no coincidence for me that we're seeing Bale, Modrić, Lennon, etc., appear on the scoresheet more often now that Adebayor has settled into the side, and as long as opposing defenders continue to get drawn to following our "frontman" around, I hope and believe that will continue. Pavlyuchenko could never have provided us that.

Last edited:
Dan Levy could sell sand to the pharoahs, this is arguably a better deal than the Bent sale, absolutely delighted.

^^ This.

8 mil for a fringe player who has never impressed for more than 5 seconds at a time. Now if we could only get someone to buy Bentley, Jenas and Gio...

Thank you Super Pav. Your goal against Sunderland in Dec was the first ever time i watched a spurs game live and we won. To be honest i wasn't happy u came on for an injured lennon when bale did not even start the game. But the goal was sooooo Super Pav ... that and several others below will always be in my memory.

- Burnley
- Young Boys
- Liverpool

Good luck

Back