• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

WOW, wasn't a perfect display, but his work-rate, attitude and hunger was MILES AWAY from the Paulinho of last season. Good display tonight.

Not sure anyone has thought about it, but South American player, South American coach, perhaps similar to Lamela (personally think Lamela has more upside), we could see a different Paulinho?

Not sure anyone has thought about it, but South American player, South American coach, perhaps similar to Lamela (personally think Lamela has more upside), we could see a different Paulinho?
Might just be benefiting from his first break in something like 3 years.

Apparently he scored 8 goals last season? Thats a good return for someone in his first season and from Brazil where there are so many things you need to adapt to. Having a year to acclimatise, a proper rest for once, and under Poch's coaching Im intrigued to see more, especially after yesterday's performance. He definitely shouldnt be written off, this guy has something different to offer - how many of our other CMs are going to get us goals?

first half was no where to be seen apart from the assist which I should have made.

Second half much improved, and would like to see more of that from him. I think he could be more useful away from home where perhaps we will be a little more direct, and maybe play Eriksen from left and Paulinho off Ade?

Don't understand why he was on corners when he is a very good headerer of the ball though.....

Apparently he scored 8 goals last season? Thats a good return for someone in his first season and from Brazil where there are so many things you need to adapt to. Having a year to acclimatise, a proper rest for once, and under Poch's coaching Im intrigued to see more, especially after yesterday's performance. He definitely shouldnt be written off, this guy has something different to offer - how many of our other CMs are going to get us goals?
If he can put in performances like yesterday's against better sides, he could be a real asset. Particularly in that advanced role, I can see him getting chances.

Yup.8 goals in his first season in english football, with no break before coming here, and out part of the season with injury aswell.Id say that was pretty good.Not good enough for some on here though.Players like Hudd were adored though, even though he never ever got close to getting 8 goals, half that would have been an outstanding season for him.

first half was no where to be seen apart from the assist which I should have made.

Second half much improved, and would like to see more of that from him. I think he could be more useful away from home where perhaps we will be a little more direct, and maybe play Eriksen from left and Paulinho off Ade?

Don't understand why he was on corners when he is a very good headerer of the ball though.....
I thought he was outstanding in the first half myself, put himself about and was heavily involved in most of our attacking play. He faded a little in the second half, but got the goal. A very good performance overall, I just hope it's the first of many.

Yup.8 goals in his first season in english football, with no break before coming here, and out part of the season with injury aswell.Id say that was pretty good.Not good enough for some on here though.Players like Hudd were adored though, even though he never ever got close to getting 8 goals, half that would have been an outstanding season for him.

I suppose the counter argument would be what has he shown other than scoring a few goals. I definitely think there is more to him than just that, but either way we need a goal scoring midfielder.....

I thought he was outstanding in the first half myself, put himself about and was heavily involved in most of our attacking play. He faded a little in the second half, but got the goal. A very good performance overall, I just hope it's the first of many.

I think it's safe to say he's not a defensive midfielder, holding midfielder or any kind deep lying one. He needs to be in the opposition's half.

I think it's safe to say he's not a defensive midfielder, holding midfielder or any kind deep lying one. He needs to be in the opposition's half.
Indeed. He pressed well, but he had Sandro and Dembele behind him. I'm not sure he'd be solid enough as one of two in midfield.

Decent performance however, as I said on another thread, I dont see that its sustainable to have four senior CMs in a squad none of whom are very good passers. Each of Capoue, Sandro, Paulinho and Dembele have their strengths but you wouldnt say that passing is the strength of any of them. Would like us to ship one of those out and bring in a creative CM

Decent performance however, as I said on another thread, I dont see that its sustainable to have four senior CMs in a squad none of whom are very good passers. Each of Capoue, Sandro, Paulinho and Dembele have their strengths but you wouldnt say that passing is the strength of any of them. Would like us to ship one of those out and bring in a creative CM

To me, Dembele loses out

Sandro/Capoue as the pure DM shield
Paulinho's goal scoring ability puts him ahead of Dembele for me.

I agree, we need a ball playing/passer to play alongside Eriksen as an option

Lloris doesn't score many either....

Back