• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official MKII- Paulinho

Then retire or hand in a transfer request and opt for a league that offers non contact football. Or netball. You can't carry on picking up a wage if your scared to do your job!

Listen, only a total (and utter) Wheelchair would not give him a chance to find some form in the next month or so!

:ross:=D>\o/

I bow to genius…off to another thread...:-"

Has the c word now been changed from danchev to Wheelchair??

Listen, only a total (and utter) Wheelchair would not give him a chance to find some form in the next month or so!

:ross:=D>\o/

I bow to genius…off to another thread...:-"

As long as he's still in the squad he should be given time of course.

Will be interesting to see how he responds if he stays and continues being quite far down the pecking order. If he keeps working hard, makes smart decisions and just tries to do whatever he can to improve himself and us I will have no problems with him. But I also would have no problems with him being out the door and replaced with Morgan Schneiderlin =P~

IT seems the current pecking order in terms of our cm's is as follows:

1) Capoue = Benteleb
2) Dembele
3) Holtby
4) Paulinho
5) Sandro

Poch will rotate though so they will all get sufficient game time but i feel two will probably not be here come the end of the window.

I don't like him but I can still acknowledge that he offers something we don't otherwise have - which is goals from central midfield. There will be times when a player like that is needed.

I don't like him but I can still acknowledge that he offers something we don't otherwise have - which is goals from central midfield. There will be times when a player like that is needed.

I think generally that type of player is needed but not in Poch's system. We don't really need a 'runner' from the CM position...we need them to be defensively solid, pick passes, and provide for the 3 attacking mids infront of them.

I think generally that type of player is needed but not in Poch's system. We don't really need a 'runner' from the CM position...we need them to be defensively solid, pick passes, and provide for the 3 attacking mids infront of them.

It won't always go according to plan though. We have fixed lines at the moment, two CMs, three AMs and a striker, there will be games particularly at home against a stubborn defence where Paulinho breaking between the lines will drag opposing players out of their set position. I'd also feel more comfortable away from home in some games going with a 3rd CM rather than a 3rd AM, he gives us that option and despite how unimpressed I am with his general play he's still capable of popping up with a goal. I'd be a bit worried if we say swapped him out for Schneiderlin as you've basically then locked down your central midfield down as a no goal zone, we'd be relying heavily on the front four all the time with little option to change it.

It won't always go according to plan though. We have fixed lines at the moment, two CMs, three AMs and a striker, there will be games particularly at home against a stubborn defence where Paulinho breaking between the lines will drag opposing players out of their set position. I'd also feel more comfortable away from home in some games going with a 3rd CM rather than a 3rd AM, he gives us that option and despite how unimpressed I am with his general play he's still capable of popping up with a goal. I'd be a bit worried if we say swapped him out for Schneiderlin as you've basically then locked down your central midfield down as a no goal zone, we'd be relying heavily on the front four all the time with little option to change it.

In that scenario, we could ask Chadli to be the runner from a deeper position, or Eriksen perhaps.

In that scenario, we could ask Chadli to be the runner from a deeper position, or Eriksen perhaps.

I'm not sure, I'd rather keep them up the pitch. It'd be better to swap out say Bentaleb for Paulinho in that scenario, just leave one CM patrolling as we'll likely face defences who are content to just sit anyway. Maybe Nabil will add that to his game in time but for now I'd rather have the option of goals from CM than not.

I recall hearing the same assessment about Capoue after the Seattle game....

I just cant see where his lack of work ethic, his fannying out of anything physical and his ability to be invisible endears him in any shape or form to what Poch wants from us

An assist and a goal, not a bad nights work. Thought we played a different system tonight though, our play was a bit more rigid but he was one of our better players tonight.

Back