• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official MKII- Paulinho

Yeah makes sense. I think he has been trained to support play rather than initiate it. I can imagine that in the Brazil team he is told to stay back and support the creative attacking players.

In our team, there's a dearth of creativity so he just does his stuff and waits for someone to do something.

One game though , the one against Man U last season
he seemed extra spirited ... Not sure what he was told, but it made him a totally different player .

The worst thing for me about Paulihno is that my first name happens to be Paul, so when hearing that we're getting this Brazilian international that had smashed it at the Confederations cup and had won the copa libertadores also I thought "yeah, that's good news I'm definitely going to get a Paulihno named shirt". Fortunately I held back on the impulse because he seems to try to do everything possible to make me hate him so it wouldn't have been ideal to have his name anywhere near me.

Just a joke of a player. 6 foot tall but holds himself up like he's actually 4 and a half. And it was just awkward watching him "play" for Brazil in the summer. It seems to be excuse after excuse for the guy and he seems to be given game after game, if I saw him walking down the street I'd love to say I'd want to be supportive but in reality all I'd be able to muster up would probably be a blank gaze with a severe tinge of disappointment.

I think watching him closely at the world cup was painful for me as at times he got the ball and instead of doing anything productive he simply played an easy pass and then "hid" by running behind his marker. He did this over and over and it was infuriating to watch as I had real hopes that his performances for us were hindered by perhaps wanting to stay fit for the world cup, understandable as its a huge event held in his home country or even a chance to make yourself a legend in football history. He didnt have any impact and I'd have to question his character after this and to me character defines the player as much as quality.

The fact is we arent good enough to carry anyone and collectively we have been carrying Paulinho up until now.

Do you guys not have eyes at all??? It's amazing to see all the stick Paulinho gets! Yes he faded at the latter part of the season, and had an uneventful WC, BUT he'd played more games in a year than probably any other top level footballer. He's by far our best goal scoring central midfielder, and he offers something that's been really lacking in the last years; forward runs INTO THE BOX! How often have we seen us move the ball sideways back and fort in front of the box, with no movement or attacking runs. He brings that to the team! Not only does that make opportunities for him to get the ball, he also drags defenders out of position, and creates space for others. He's also good at marking space, and if you actually know about football and not only watch were the ball is, he has stopped MANY counter attack only by being in the right place. He does not however, have any extreme abillities, but he's got a good shot with both feet and he's fairly good in the air, not great pace but not slow either. Basically a good all-round midfielder. Compared to the fernands at city, he's just as good, and he was half the price of Fernandinho!

Last edited:

To be fair, if he'd had his finishing boots on last season he'd have been a very effective player for us. He needs to tuck away his chances when he plays this season, coz otherwise he's a bit of a passenger.

You can still be a passenger even if you do manage to skank a few goals, with Paulinho it's basically like playing Darren Bent in midfield.

Do you guys not have eyes at all??? It's amazing to see all the stick Paulinho gets! 1.Yes he faded at the latter part of the season, and 2. had an uneventful WC, BUT 3. he'd played more games in a year than probably any other top level footballer. 4. He's by far our best goal scoring central midfielder, and he offers something that's been really lacking in the last years; forward runs INTO THE BOX! How often have we seen us move the ball sideways back and fort in front of the box, with no movement or attacking runs. He brings that to the team! Not only does that make opportunities for him to get the ball, he also drags defenders out of position, and creates space for others. He's also good at marking space, and if you actually know about football and not only watch were the ball is, he has stopped MANY counter attack only by being in the right place.

1. Faded would suggest that he'd been good before, he was ****, then became ****ter.

2. He may as well have not been on the pitch.

3. I don't see playing a lot of football in a year as an excuse for being absolutely **** and the invisible act/***** out of challenges/hide behind a marker games can't have been too taxing for his body

4. 8 goals for us in his first season isn't bad, but that doesn't make up for how terrible he was last season.

I was going to crack on and pick your post apart but obviously there's not really a point to that..

I ****ing despise Paulihno, I really do. But even with that, every time I see him put on a Spurs shirt I always watch with a positive, hopeful attitude, hoping that it'll be different, that he'll at least put 100% in to it because that's really the least I expect if you're going to play for Spurs but ****, he is to football what beige is to colours. The worst thing is how weak of a character he seems to be, which is strange because we heard so much about him being a winner, makes me wonder if there's other issues that are messing with him.

There's a footballer in there somewhere, but I think Pochettino has some severe work to do to get him to play at the level that made us want to buy him because at the moment he's stealing a very generous living.

Edit: Speaking of players that **** me off, as if I'm Alan Hutton over there <<<< at the moment...****..

The only game where I thought he looked really good was against Stoke, and then he got injured.

The only game where I thought he looked really good was against Stoke, and then he got injured.

was good in his first two games against Palace and Swansea and had a decent game against man utd playing off the striker.. but 4 good games in a season? not good enough for 17m.

Listen, only a total (and utter) Wheelchair would not give him a chance to find some form in the next month or so!

:ross:=D>\o/

I bow to genius…off to another thread...:-"

was good in his first two games against Palace and Swansea and had a decent game against man utd playing off the striker.. but 4 good games in a season? not good enough for 17m.
He was actually outstanding against Stoke soon after - his best game in a Spurs shirt, ran the game and gave us a whole repertoire of Brazilian skills - until that b***ard Adam hacked him down. After he returned he never seemed the same - developed a fear complex of getting another injury; possible he did not want anything to ruin his World Cup dream.

I still believe we have a player there - can we just give him a few months before writing him off?

He was actually outstanding against Stoke soon after - his best game in a Spurs shirt, ran the game and gave us a whole repertoire of Brazilian skills - until that b***ard Adam hacked him down. After he returned he never seemed the same - developed a fear complex of getting another injury; possible he did not want anything to ruin his World Cup dream.

I still believe we have a player there - can we just give him a few months before writing him off?

I agree, I think the player from that game is the one we paid £17m for. Let's hope Poch can get him at it on a consistent basis.

He was already a wuss before this game:

TOT0-1NEW.gif

He has alot to prove this season. Let's hope he can turn it around as he has been poor so far.

I had great, great hope for Paulinho, and have been one of his biggest defenders and apologists on this forum. However, after his tepid performances at the World Cup and his less than stellar showing mid-week, the likelihood is that he is now on borrowed time with the supporters. Unless he can turn it around quickly, I foresee the fans in the stands turning on him - and once you get to that point it becomes virtually impossible to row back.

He's always backed out from challenges.

this is why:

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/hVm5zdYrZ0B/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back