• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*ORMT* SPURS v WBA

gonad*s

that's that

fudge

nobody played badly, but other than Dembele and Toby (who were brilliant) no one did themselves justice tonight, bearing in mind they are all kids that shouldn't be a surprise

roll on next season

Why did we keep punting it long towards Kane all second half? The one thing we probably knew wba were stronger than us at we kept trying...

Seen it coming when yacob had two free kicks in 10 mins with no card.
But really we have no one to blame but ourselves, lack lustre with a disconnect between midfield and front.
Let's not be to down hearted though, this team has made us proud this season.
One conciliation the chavs can't hurt us.

Well done Leicester. It's all over bar the shouting.

My kids will be distraught when they hear the score in the morning.

We were outplayed, outfought and outthought in the second half, with every loose ball falling to a red shirt and with us backpedalling frantically for most of it. Sad to say, but West Brom fully deserved their point, and we weren't good enough to claim it. Pulis has our number, and has had it for a while now.

Ah, well. Doesn't detract from our excellence overall this season, but this is where we lost the title, imo - not this game specifically, but giving up points like these in crunch situations against niggly sides that manage games well like West Brom. Thankfully, I'm not invested in the title chase myself, so it doesn't much matter for me - but this was a chance to pull seven points clear of third (and Arsenal), and we didn't take it. Now, we'll need to be on our guard in the final three games - we can afford one loss and one draw, but one win from the last three is absolutely necessary if we want to finish ahead of Arsenal and/or City.

Which, given that we play at Stamford Bridge, against Soton (who'll likely pose a threat) and Saudi Sportswashing Machine away (who will manage their game exactly like this under Rafa), is starting to look less assured again.

cobblers

that's that

fudge

nobody played badly, but other than Dembele and Toby (who were brilliant) no one did themselves justice tonight, bearing in mind they are all kids that shouldn't be a surprise

roll on next season

Rose typically worked his bollox off and had a good game.

Our set-pieces (free kicks) were too much guess-work. Our use of Kane didn't work here; I guess this is where we could have done with 2 forwards?

Well the media got it's wish. I just hope we still have it in the tank to remain 2nd.

to bow out of the title race like that against brick football WBA is pathetic but anyway, I dont think many of us thought we'd even be in the mix. Just hope we can hold on to 2nd or 3rd now.

Thought Poch was to blame tonight. We needed subs from about 55mins. Would have Lamela, maybe even Rose replaced, who looked tired, for Son and Davis. We needed some freshness. The other thing: how we came out from HT. We were losing our heads first half. We needed to be mentally strong, and HT didn't change anything. Poch's job was to bolster the team and get them fighting. Didn't seem to happen.

As @galeforce said you forget how young this team are. We were a little unfortunate with the goals that hit the post. Where Leicester had two goals on a plate, we needed that second. If we had I think we'd have bucked up, but nerves got the better of us.

Disappointed. Congratulations Leicester, now let's concentrate on securing second place.

I fudging hate these teams, doing their rugby impressions, and the refs letting them get away with murder because they play that way. Like being a team full of non footballing neanderthals somehow entitles you to foul players without punishment.

That said, we were poor for most parts of today too. Never got our game going properly, never threatened them much on the floor like we know we can. The minute we started to play like them, it was always going to be uphill.

Just like you don't try to out tiki taka Barca, you shouldn't try to out Pulis a Pulis team.

Oh well. fudge them, fudge Pulis, fudge the ref and fudge Leicester - this has still been one of the most exciting Spurs seasons I've ever experienced, and this team is easily THE most exciting one I've ever seen.

Let's finish it off in style now, secure second and CL, and make sure all of our players watch the Euros on a big screen TV on a beach on Bahamas.

COYS and good night.

Thought Poch was to blame tonight. We needed subs from about 55mins. Would have Lamela, maybe even Rose replaced, who looked tired, for Son and Davis. We needed some freshness. The other thing is how we came out from HT. We were losing our heads first half. We need to me mentally strong, and HT didn't change anything.

As @galeforce said you forget how young these fellahs are. And we were a little unfortunate with the goals that hit the post. Where Leicester had two goals on a plate, we needed that second. If we had I think we'd have bucked up, but nerves got the better of us.
Why replace those three? Thought Kane and alli were poor.

Gutted, but we have to be immensely proud of the team. And I think they will look back on this season and think, if only we killed those games off in the early months we'd have run away with this league. Because I do think we have been the best and most consistent team. However they didn't start out believing they could win the league, and the belief came too late.

Next year, if they use the dissapointment of coming so close this year to start next season and fire and truly believe they can be champions, we will look back on this year as the season that gave us that belief. It's been an absolute joy to support this club and see that everyone from boardroom to fans and everyone in between is pulling in the same direction.

We weren't quite ready this year. Mentally the WBA goal made the players legs turn to jelly. Their passing was shot, but it's all OK. If we've seen this season what we all thought we saw, namely a great coach, who has put together a phenomenal team spirit with talented young players, then we will be back and better for it next year. We won't fall away if what we thought we saw was actually the case. There is every chance this year is the making of us, and in the meantime we can congratulate Leceister on one of the biggest fairytales of all time. It's been a fantastic season, a fantastic rebuttal to the idea that the biggest transfer budget is the key to success. Team spirit, good coaching and good strategy are much more important, and we can share with Leceister in the fact that we have shown the way to the rest of the league.

Gutted, but immensely proud.

Seen it coming when yacob had two free kicks in 10 mins with no card.
But really we have no one to blame but ourselves, lack lustre with a disconnect between midfield and front.
Let's not be to down hearted though, this team has made us proud this season.
One conciliation the chavs can't hurt us.

Well they can. If Leciester dont win the title at Old Trafford next Sunday. Failure to win at Chelsea next Monday will hand the title to Leicester, and that will give Chelsea just as much pleasure

Back