• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*ORMT* SPURS v WBA

I tell you what, Steff - the day we can master the dark arts like a Pulis side is the day I guarantee you that the title for that season is ours. That's what we're missing - we can turn it on and magnificently rip apart teams at times, but we miss the sort of dark arts and game management that Pulis is a master of. I believe both can coexist (United were the masters of both under Sir Alex), but we'll have to find those skills if/when we want to mount a real, threatening title challenge that goes down to the last day.

The second half today was one continuous succession of fouls and rough play forcing us back onto our own eighteen-yard line, and Alli being relentlessly targeted and wound up by every one of their players. He might end up getting banned for it as well, if the FA decides to do something about that elbow he threw.

Now, imagine if we could have done that to Leicester when we played them, with Mahrez or Vardy getting wound up and sent off to boot. We'd be in the clear now, I guarantee it.

It's disgusting, it's repulsive, it goes against what football should be. And goddamn, are we in need of it.

In think Poch has actually brushed up our 'professional' play. We do commit a greater degree of 'high' pitch fouls now, so in fairness, I think we've toughen on that front. What we don't do, and what I hope we never do, is target players from the get-go. if a player is on a yellow, target them by running at them with the ball, absolutely, but what Pulis does is disgraceful IMO. SAF sides would work refs, etc, but I can genuinely say I never saw them target players. Remember McClean's disgusting foul at the Hawthornes...

I'm still bitter trying to figure out why we kept trying the long ball in the second half. Made no sense.

Oh, well, realistically we wouldn't have much of a chance if we won today either, so might as well concentrate on getting swcond. But fudgeing Leicester winning it. It's just insane, those pesky fudgeing pikeys. I just can't believe it. A brick.fudgeing championship side at best.

I don't think it was a tactic, just pressure induced indecision

At times it felt there were 12 red shirts out there. First to nearly everything in the 2nd half.

Unreal that we havent been able to beat either Saudi Sportswashing Machine or WBA at home for over 3 seasons

It was crazy. I looked at the ball relentlessly coming back at us and I wondered just what on Earth was going on - where was our press, our release valve?

The tactic was simple - send something up to Rondon and then just burst forward, because 100% of the time, he held it up brilliantly and muscled Verts/Rose off with ease. But somewhere, we lost cohesion and couldn't counter it at all well.

Great discussion here chaps, but I must reiterate my personal opinion that I never, ever want to see us target players and persistently foul like that.

A great season by the Team.
I,m not so sure we can pull it off next season.
You need an absolutely a fantastic squad and we had all of our best players out there playng .
There were no class players really was there? Who could have come on from the bench and turn it around.
And you see that's what it's about in modern football. Whether it's lack of money or insight by the club we have fallen short. Its a pessimistic evening but we should all feel proud of the Team and where they have taken us.
Well done the Spurs players......

It,s a pity the fans bottled it by not getting behind

the team vocally...A team that has worked so hard this season..

Atmosphere sounded subdued tonight, almost as if fans has half given up after Leicesters win yesterday? Annoying really because win tonight and there's every chance we may have only been two points behind them this time next week. And if that wasn't enough that likelyhood to finish above the goons for the first time in 21 years.

Now im worried we will lost next week and it will be the Goons only 2 points behind us!

Lamela and Eriksen were not as good as they can be. Lamela should have scored, Kane likewise. Wbrom once in the game were tough opponents. Gutted. The dream is likely over.

Watching tonight, you remember how far this side has come. It felt like they regressed under the pressure. But its 10 steps forward 1 step back - we're 2nd in the league, above the scum, an amazing young squad and we should get CL! We have a manager we can trust to keep Spurs moving in the right direction.There is a lot right to build on and not a lot wrong.

Last edited:
Pathetic second half display. So disappointing. Would have liked to see what would have happened next weekend

It's going to be a real struggle to finish 2nd now. What's the motivation? We will lose to Chelsea no doubt and probably Saudi Sportswashing Machine if they still need to survive.

So so disappointed.

Atmosphere sounded subdued tonight, almost as if fans has half given up after Leicesters win yesterday? Annoying really because win tonight and there's every chance we may have only been two points behind them this time next week. And if that wasn't enough that likelyhood to finish above the goons for the first time in 21 years.

Now im worried we will lost next week and it will be the Goons only 2 points behind us!

Emirates Marketing Project and the Goons play each other. A draw takes them both out of it. I think we should still have enough to get 2nd. We have, apparently, had 12 draws this season. Poch sides learn. Next season will be different.

In think Poch has actually brushed up our 'professional' play. We do commit a greater degree of 'high' pitch fouls now, so in fairness, I think we've toughen on that front. What we don't do, and what I hope we never do, is target players from the get-go. if a player is on a yellow, target them by running at them with the ball, absolutely, but what Pulis does is disgraceful IMO. SAF sides would work refs, etc, but I can genuinely say I never saw them target players. Remember McClean's disgusting foul at the Hawthornes...

Oh yeah, no doubt. We commit a lot of tactical fouls that really hobble sides trying to counter us, and that's commendable. But we're lacking in the next steps - time-wasting, pressuring the ref, physicality/technical play with the specific aim of winding up the opposition or drawing them into fouls and cards that lead to a numerical advantage. And above that there's the Pulis level - low percentage thumps forward followed by breakaways during which a brick-ton of physical play is conducted *behind* the ref (whose back is turned) that prevents the opposition's forward players joining the defense, and MCClean reducers/violence with the aim of bullying flair players into timidity or suppression.

Level 2 might be enough to get us to title contending status. But as much as you and I might detest the concept from a moral and philosophical standpoint, level 3 will *guarantee* us a title if merged with our already existing relentless technical play.

Pathetic second half display. So disappointing. Would have liked to see what would have happened next weekend

It's going to be a real struggle to finish 2nd now. What's the motivation? We will lose to Chelsea no doubt and probably Saudi Sportswashing Machine if they still need to survive.

So so disappointed.

I am praying we dont see an old-style Spurs meltdown. 4pts still needed for 2nd I would guess. 2pts for 3rd.

Lose at Chelsea and we put ourselves under real pressure in the last 2 matches

Hopefully this was just a blip caused by the pressure of the situation and we won't finish our season like we started it...

@OptaJoe
20 - Tottenham Hotspur didn’t attempt a single shot on target in the match against West Brom after the 20th minute. Shy.

Cg6phIEW0AEEYjq.jpg

We were poor second half, second to every ball and none of our usual zip which is disappointing considering what was at stake. Funny thing was, at the beginning of the first half I thought we would roll them over easily such was our dominance; but from about 38 mins onwards we were poor. Oh well I am happy that we can only blame ourselves for not winning the title. Would have been gutting to win all our matches only to see Chelsea roll over on the last day. Tbh I must admit to liking Ranieri throughout the season, a dignified man with so much integrity. Have not heard him ranting about referees even after Vardy's sending off and none of the mind game bollox. Glad Leicester have won it rather than Goons or City. I want us to give chelscum a real pounding next week.

Hopefully this was just a blip caused by the pressure of the situation and we won't finish our season like we started it...

@OptaJoe
20 - Tottenham Hotspur didn’t attempt a single shot on target in the match against West Brom after the 20th minute. Shy.

Cg6phIEW0AEEYjq.jpg
What about Lamela hitting the post in the second half?

A great season by the Team.
I,m not so sure we can pull it off next season.
You need an absolutely a fantastic squad and we had all of our best players out there playng .
There were no class players really was there? Who could have come on from the bench and turn it around.
And you see that's what it's about in modern football. Whether it's lack of money or insight by the club we have fallen short. Its a pessimistic evening but we should all feel proud of the Team and where they have taken us.
Well done the Spurs players......

It,s a pity the fans bottled it by not getting behind

the team vocally...A team that has worked so hard this season..

Literally f you and this comment about the fans bottling it. It is easy for an internet forum warrior to criticise the atmosphere but we are the people that pay to attend these games and invest time and a whole load of effort. It was a nervey affair, things weren't quite clicking in the second half, fans feel the edginess. Why haven't we closed this game out yet. Frustrating decisions. Try going to a few games.

Back