• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*ORMT* SPURS v WBA

I disagree. Missing the target is not touching any part of it. The woodwork of a pie is the pie-crust. The dish? Nah. The dish for a pie would be the net, because if I 'go through the middle on target' I will be through the pie and hit dish. I suppose this is all a matter of perspectives...
But the target is to put the ball in the goal, so by your definition only scoring a goal can be putting the ball in the goal.
The goal frame is just that, the frame around the goal. With the goal being, the, er....think we are trying to achieve (see what I did there, goal/think we are trying to achieve:D)

But the target is to put the ball in the goal, so by your definition only scoring a goal can be putting the ball in the goal.
The goal frame is just that, the frame around the goal. With the goal being, the, er....think we are trying to achieve (see what I did there, goal/think we are trying to achieve:D)

But again, I think it's like saying a pie-crust is not part of the pie. Or a bread crust is not part of the bread. You need the crust to frame the situation. You need the woodwork to frame the goal/keep the bleeding' nets up! When we eat pie-crust, we would say we have eaten some of the pie. Now, we MIGHT say we'd eaten the bit of the pie that doesn't give the result, because if we only eat crust we have dodged the filling/result/aim of pie-eating. In fact, if we only eat the crust of a pie, we could reasonably say we had an on-target shot but did not get the desired result!!!!!! It bears scrutiny. Like going to eat the middle of the pie only to find a layer of cellophane there preventing you from getting into the back of the filling!!!!!!!!

I am sticking with it!!!!!!!

Sadly, it is probably true to say I have eaten more pies than scored goals...or even hit the woodwork/crust!

:D:(

But again, I think it's like saying a pie-crust is not part of the pie. Or a bread crust is not part of the bread. You need the crust to frame the situation. You need the woodwork to frame the goal/keep the bleeding' nets up! When we eat pie-crust, we would say we have eaten some of the pie. Now, we MIGHT say we'd eaten the bit of the pie that doesn't give the result, because if we only eat crust we have dodged the filling/result/aim of pie-eating. In fact, if we only eat the crust of a pie, we could reasonably say we had an on-target shot but did not get the desired result!!!!!! It bears scrutiny. Like going to eat the middle of the pie only to find a layer of cellophane there preventing you from getting into the back of the filling!!!!!!!!

I am sticking with it!!!!!!!

Sadly, it is probably true to say I have eaten more pies than scored goals...or even hit the woodwork/crust!

:D:(
I love GG!

(Even if you are a pie crust hater. I mean you must be, as the goal is consume the full edible product.
The tin that the pie comes in is equivalent to the goal frame.)
(Next analogy please....this is fun
Or I'm very boredo_O)

Looking back at both games WBA played over the week,against us and the goons....you know what i will say it, because i'm livid how one side can play so differently in two games in a short space of time.I won't say something fishy was up but apart from the crappy performance,the third gear performance and intensity they put in, some of the goals leaves me saying 'mmmm that's strange that is'....the first goal...foster positioning against sanchez goal,how as a pro goalie he gave so much space to one side of his goal from a shot that was only 15 yards away...the second,the free kick, jacob giving a very cheap free kick away just outside the box... then foster again with his positioning and so called effort in saving the kick,making it easy for sanchez to score.....strange again. Pullis team selection for the goons game,playing quite a few reserves, giving a very laid back pre- match interview plus his view that he wants leicester to win the league,what a co-incidence in their performance. Won't say they threw the game but the goals they conceded were so easily given away you just wonder sometimes.

Against us all the regulars back in,a higher intensity performance,chasing everything that moved,winding Alli up at every moment.....don't mind that but strange how two games in five days,one they couldn't give a feck and another where they busted a gut and tried to kick us all over the place.

Just had to say it,its crap i know,no sense in it really but does my head in how sides decide when they want to play or not to play in certain games. They are home to west ham Saturday,.....3-0 to the hammers then.

As i thought.....fecking lightweights.....with the rest of the little clubs with chip on their shoulders who played leicester in the last dozen games,we all want leicester to win it if anything....after you ...no i insist after you....cnuts...

Back