• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*ORMT* SPURS v WBA

We were outplayed, outfought and outthought in the second half, with every loose ball falling to a red shirt and with us backpedalling frantically for most of it. Sad to say, but West Brom fully deserved their point, and we weren't good enough to claim it. Pulis has our number, and has had it for a while now.

Ah, well. Doesn't detract from our excellence overall this season, but this is where we lost the title, imo - not this game specifically, but giving up points like these in crunch situations against niggly sides that manage games well like West Brom. Thankfully, I'm not invested in the title chase myself, so it doesn't much matter for me - but this was a chance to pull seven points clear of third (and Arsenal), and we didn't take it. Now, we'll need to be on our guard in the final three games - we can afford one loss and one draw, but one win from the last three is absolutely necessary if we want to finish ahead of Arsenal and/or City.

Which, given that we play at Stamford Bridge, against Soton (who'll likely pose a threat) and Saudi Sportswashing Machine away (who will manage their game exactly like this under Rafa), is starting to look less assured again.

We should've been 2 up after 10 minutes, Myhill kept them in the game along with Pulis' "9 behind the ball and kick 'em" tactics. BUT until we learn to counter those tactics we won't win the league.

Then again I never expected us to be challenging with 3 to go and this season has been beyond everyone's expectations.

Time to pick ourselves up and spank those tacos in blue.

We were outplayed, outfought and outthought in the second half, with every loose ball falling to a red shirt and with us backpedalling frantically for most of it. Sad to say, but West Brom fully deserved their point, and we weren't good enough to claim it. Pulis has our number, and has had it for a while now.

Ah, well. Doesn't detract from our excellence overall this season, but this is where we lost the title, imo - not this game specifically, but giving up points like these in crunch situations against niggly sides that manage games well like West Brom. Thankfully, I'm not invested in the title chase myself, so it doesn't much matter for me - but this was a chance to pull seven points clear of third (and Arsenal), and we didn't take it. Now, we'll need to be on our guard in the final three games - we can afford one loss and one draw, but one win from the last three is absolutely necessary if we want to finish ahead of Arsenal and/or City.

Which, given that we play at Stamford Bridge, against Soton (who'll likely pose a threat) and Saudi Sportswashing Machine away (who will manage their game exactly like this under Rafa), is starting to look less assured again.

At times it felt there were 12 red shirts out there. First to nearly everything in the 2nd half.

Unreal that we havent been able to beat either Saudi Sportswashing Machine or WBA at home for over 3 seasons

Incidentally , I'd need to see it again but I thought I spotted a foul on lloris by sessegnon for their goal. He seemed to throw a nervous glance at the linesman after it went in too. Not that it matters now of course. On to Chelsea.

Why replace those three? Thought Kane and alli were poor.

Rose looked tired, and I thought Davies might bring some freshness. Lamela looked out of sorts and nervous. Maybe Alli too. Would have considered taking him off for Mason but Alli didn't look as distracted or tired to me. However, we needed to change it up. It was slipping, and Poch didn't switch it up.

Last edited:
Incidentally , I'd need to see it again but I thought I spotted a foul on lloris by sessegnon for their goal. He seemed to throw a nervous glance at the linesman after it went in too. Not that it matters now of course. On to Chelsea.

if the ball is hung in there like that and your keeper doesn't come out, catch it and knee a forward square in the face there is only one person to blame

Why replace those three? Thought Kane and alli were poor.

Alli played some brilliant balls, but you must have missed the concerted effort to wind him up and specifically target him. In his ear all the time, sly digs whenever possible, it was disgraceful. Of course, I suppose some people will say that is 'football' and we need to 'accept it'...not me. fudge THAT! We should be grateful he stayed on the pitch considering all the talk about his 'temper' this was a 20-year old who resisted the targeted provocation of an entire side.

Rose looked tired, and I thought Davies might bring some freshness. Lamela looked out of sorts and nervous. Maybe Alli too. Would have considered taking him off for Mason but he didn't look as distracted as some. However, we need to change it up. It was slipping, and Poch didn't switch it up.

Not seeing that mate. We missed Dier's authority in the last 20...

I think the Leicester win also affected us. Fans, players all a little flat after they won yesterday. We didn't have the belief of last weekend.

Alli played some brilliant balls, but you must have missed the concerted effort to wind him up and specifically target him. In his ear all the time, sly digs whenever possible, it was disgraceful. Of course, I suppose some people will say that is 'football' and we need to 'accept it'...not me. fudge THAT! We should be grateful he stayed on the pitch considering all the talk about his 'temper' this was a 20-year old who resisted the targeted provocation of an entire side.
Except the fact that he punched Yacob in the gut and could possibly be banned for the rest of the season...

fudge Pulis.
The tossfest around this neanderthal sickens me. Dark Arts expert.

I tell you what, Steff - the day we can master the dark arts like a Pulis side is the day I guarantee you that the title for that season is ours. That's what we're missing - we can turn it on and magnificently rip apart teams at times, but we miss the sort of dark arts and game management that Pulis is a master of. I believe both can coexist (United were the masters of both under Sir Alex), but we'll have to find those skills if/when we want to mount a real, threatening title challenge that goes down to the last day.

The second half today was one continuous succession of fouls and rough play forcing us back onto our own eighteen-yard line, and Alli being relentlessly targeted and wound up by every one of their players. He might end up getting banned for it as well, if the FA decides to do something about that elbow he threw.

Now, imagine if we could have done that to Leicester when we played them, with Mahrez or Vardy getting wound up and sent off to boot. We'd be in the clear now, I guarantee it.

It's disgusting, it's repulsive, it goes against what football should be. And goddamn, are we in need of it.

Except the fact that he punched Yacob in the gut and could possibly be banned for the rest of the season...

Yeah, that was a punch. You think if it was Jacob wouldn't have hit the deck? You'd need to see that from a few angles to call it a 'punch' mate. Yeah, TV will certainly make sure that Alli gets nobbled for it.

if the ball is hung in there like that and your keeper doesn't come out, catch it and knee a forward square in the face there is only one person to blame
No doubt that it wasn't one of Hugo's finest bits of keeping but still looked a foul on first viewing. Clutching at straws perhaps but felt we would have benefited generally from some slightly sterner officiating tonight.

Not seeing that mate. We missed Dier's authority in the last 20...

Rose was in the game and playing his heart out until the final whistle, but for me he looked tired from about 60mins. Just felt a fresh player in Davies was a brave but right thing to do (at the time). Rose played okay for the rest of the game, but Poch didn't make a move until 75 odd mins, and the game was slipping away from 55.

I tell you what, Steff - the day we can master the dark arts like a Pulis side is the day I guarantee you that the title for that season is ours. That's what we're missing - we can turn it on and magnificently rip apart teams at times, but we miss the sort of dark arts and game management that Pulis is a master of. I believe both can coexist (United were the masters of both under Sir Alex), but we'll have to find those skills if/when we want to mount a real, threatening title challenge that goes down to the last day.

The second half today was one continuous succession of fouls and rough play forcing us back onto our own eighteen-yard line, and Alli being relentlessly targeted and wound up by every one of their players. He might end up getting banned for it as well, if the FA decides to do something about that elbow he threw.

Now, imagine if we could have done that to Leicester when we played them, with Mahrez or Vardy getting wound up and sent off to boot. We'd be in the clear now, I guarantee it.

It's disgusting, it's repulsive, it goes against what football should be. And goddamn, are we in need of it.

if it's in the game...

I'm still bitter trying to figure out why we kept trying the long ball in the second half. Made no sense.

Oh, well, realistically we wouldn't have much of a chance if we won today either, so might as well concentrate on getting swcond. But fudging Leicester winning it. It's just insane, those pesky fudging pikeys. I just can't believe it. A brick.fudging championship side at best.

I think they have had enough moments of brilliance this season to deserve not being subbed. Just a pity so many had an off day at the same time.

Back