• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v FC Basel, EL QF 2nd Leg

You need to take it less personal or it does you in man. I couldn't believe the abuse and lack of faith people showed Redknapp last year or towards the end of Jol's time at the club, and it really got to me. Now we have another coach I think could take us somewhere if we gave him time. Time Redknapp and Jol should have got but didn't. It's good to see a fellow Spurs brother keeping the faith in the Coach! If I'd been around last year, I think I'd have loved it here with you defending Harry and the boys like this and now I love it with you defending the team like this! You go Steff!

They werent defending Hary but thats another matter ;) haha

I feel sorry for AVB he has a squad full of low quality players and needs help from none other than Levy... I said it regarding Harry last year and say it again - but another thread conversation.

Lets now go fourth and prosper

(was that cheesy? fudge it)

Not sure ive read more gonad*s in all my life. Have you seen a Spurs game before? Dawson and Parker bottlers? Carroll is a kid coming through very nicely indeed.

Dawson, Parker and Carroll are all English which as a nation is known for being footballing bottlers, good battlers but great bottlers. Give 110% but dont have any quality.

Tottenham manager Andre Villas Boas told ITV: "My first thoughts are for the players, they set a great example for the country. The way they approached the competition, playing every Thursday and Sunday.

"They showed the country it is possible to approach it in a different way. I will cherish this and so should the players, we made the country feel different about the competition.

"It has seen most of the English teams change their approach to the competition and that now it means a lot. We set the standard for the future, next time we will go better as it could not have gone worse tonight."

A superb quote. He remains full of class even in defeat.

The positive thing from this game is that we can focus on one goal now and at least know 100% who needs to go in the summer. Hudd and Ade are just trash taking up space. The likes of Naughton and Carroll are bottom 8 PL players that are pretend players. Too many players not good enough or with a loser mentality aswell like Daws or Parker. Big summer ahead.

How is Carroll a bottom 8 players, he's only played a few games and looked good each time. Today he was very good and helped swing the match, once he started getting on the ball we started to dominate and probably would have gone to get a 3rd if Jan wasn't sent off.

Really had enough of Ade, just looked awful. Unable to hold the ball up at all.

Defence not good enough, lack of conviction, no technique in the pens... And we still only went out on pens in the QF. Mixed feelings, we are close to being really good, but not quite there yet.

Two out of our three pens were fine.
Adebayor bottled it just is not an issue of technique.

How is Carroll a bottom 8 players, he's only played a few games and looked good each time. Today he was very good and helped swing the match, once he started getting on the ball we started to dominate and probably would have gone to get a 3rd if Jan wasn't sent off.

There was usually no one within 40 yards of him whenever he received the ball. He worked hard and is playing much better than earlier in the season.

They werent defending Hary but thats another matter ;) haha

I feel sorry for AVB he has a squad full of low quality players and needs help from none other than Levy... I said it regarding Harry last year and say it again - but another thread conversation.

Lets now go fourth and prosper

(was that cheesy? fudge it)

LOL to be fair I did not support Harry in the summer and wanted him gone but the club had my full support during the season!

And no mate, NOT cheesy. Positive. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

qwop-o.gif

:ross: Thats brilliants that's exactly what he did beforehand.

I hate in when players do anything like that before taking the penalty, it rarely works.

Still on the whole as a team it was great effort to hang in there after the sending off. Tom Carrol was brilliant and i really think he's going to be a massive part of our team in the coming years.

Important to regroup now and get players back from injury. Unfortunately with the pace of Lennon and Bale we just don't function as well as a team, nowhere near enough moving off the ball or pace in our passing. Something we need to work on for sure.

There was usually no one within 40 yards of him whenever he received the ball. He worked hard and is playing much better than earlier in the season.

No but over the last few games there have been countless times when its been hit to him and bounces off 10 yards away. He cant seem to keep the ball in the corner/run the channels and find a man. Usually tries some stupid trick and gets tackled right away.

No offence, but that realy did put a much needed smile on my face after the gutting (but totally predictable outcome of tonights game). I doff my cap to you sir for one of the greatest attempted put downs in forum history.

"I wrote a fudging column "

Post of the year.
[/QUOTE]

It wasn't an attempted put-down. I wrote a column that explained why I choose to express my viewpoint he way I do. You just don't want to accept that some people are different. We don't all walk around believing the worst all the fudging time. And the you talk to me about showing emotion? Pathetic.

It wasn't an attempted put-down. I wrote a column that explained why I choose to express my viewpoint he way I do. You just don't want to accept that some people are different. We don't all walk around believing the worst all the fudging time. And the you talk to me about showing emotion? Pathetic.[/QUOTE]

dont rise to it fella - there is nothing wrong in positivity - better things happen to positive people. as i said a few need to check the meaning of the word supporter/fan.

The truth is we simply werent good enough. Plain and simple. It hurts like hell, but it was always coming.

It wasn't an attempted put-down. I wrote a column that explained why I choose to express my viewpoint he way I do. You just don't want to accept that some people are different. We don't all walk around believing the worst all the fudging time. And the you talk to me about showing emotion? Pathetic.[/QUOTE]

dont rise to it fella - there is nothing wrong in positivity - better things happen to positive people. as i said a few need to check the meaning of the word supporter/fan.

Dawson, Parker and Carroll are all English which as a nation is known for being footballing bottlers, good battlers but great bottlers. Give 110% but dont have any quality.

What the.....?

Who missed the penalties today? Huddlestone, admittedly English, and Adebayor, Togolese.

Who failed to save the penalties today? Brad Friedel, an American.

Unless Dawson, Parker and Carroll were guilty of not projecting some invincible penalty-guaranteeing aura which foreign players apparently have in abundance, I fail to see what they did wrong.

Dawson saved us many, many times today. Carroll was a whirl of energy, and far more importantly, movement, which is something our team as a whole lacks. Parker's been getting so much brick without anyone ever stopping to think what would happen if he were injured for any length of time and we had to cope with Livermore in midfield, or no midfield enforcer at all.

Today's defeat was down to three things; our willingness to give players game-time based on equality as opposed to skill (Friedel, Gallas first leg being examples), our strange lack of ability to ever win a penalty shootout and our fudge-ups in the first leg.

I'm proud of the lads. ALL the lads. Including Ade: serial bottler though he may be, at least he tried his damn hardest. The players fought back in a hostile atmosphere to come back from being a goal down twice, despite missing half our preferred starting eleven. Then they weathered thirty minutes of pressure despite being a man down and without any midfield battler to shield the back-line. You cannot ask for more than that.

Jamie O Hara looked better and he ended up at a lower level so I was being optimistic tbf. There is no way we'll be a top 4 regular with Carroll as a main player as by the time he has developed we'll have moved on and got better players.

Jamie O Hara looked better and he ended up at a lower level so I was being optimistic tbf. There is no way we'll be a top 4 regular with Carroll as a main player as by the time he has developed we'll have moved on and got better players.

What?
Nonsense. Do you only like buying million pound players? Why would we invest all this time and effort into the academy and set up just to pass over youth players breaking through?

I don't even know why im responding to this drivel.

Its time to wake up and smell the whack.

It wasn't an attempted put-down. I wrote a column that explained why I choose to express my viewpoint he way I do. You just don't want to accept that some people are different. We don't all walk around believing the worst all the fudging time. And the you talk to me about showing emotion? Pathetic.

dont rise to it fella - there is nothing wrong in positivity - better things happen to positive people. as i said a few need to check the meaning of the word supporter/fan.[/QUOTE]

You're right, I need to remember 'tis the Internet...but I am 'old school' in the sense if some toff or lightweight wants to try and call you out, you step up. I suppose I need to remember...it's the Internet...I need to find Crawley, Gordy and reminisce about how it used to be interns of supporters :(

Back