• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v FC Basel, EL QF 2nd Leg

Jamie O Hara looked better and he ended up at a lower level so I was being optimistic tbf. There is no way we'll be a top 4 regular with Carroll as a main player as by the time he has developed we'll have moved on and got better players.

How the hell do you know that???????????????????

he could progress into a tidy little playmaker...........

do you forsee the rise of every next talent????????? no!!!!!! so wtf just negative

Ah well, really not bothered

We've had some dodgy line-ups this year and dodgy results - we drew loads of group games and scraped through the knockouts by the seat of our pants

Having Friedel play and not Lloris, Bale, Lennon, Sandro - I'm not at all surprised we didn't win away.

Time to focus on the real competition now, COYS.

What an absolute typical modern football fan you are. What real competition? or are you one of the new age fans that thinks finishing 4th if better than winning a trophy. Give me strength!

Look at the reaction from the Basel fans at winning tonight, thats real support.

Jamie O Hara looked better and he ended up at a lower level so I was being optimistic tbf. There is no way we'll be a top 4 regular with Carroll as a main player as by the time he has developed we'll have moved on and got better players.

Who said anything about him being a main player? If we're lucky, Carroll will develop well enough to be a good squad player for us or someone we can sell on for a nice profit. Nobody said we're going to start building the squad around him or playing him in every game.

Barca would have been out last night without their talisman. Not only did we not have Bale, but Lennon, Defoe, Sandro. It was an admirable effort in my view

The game was lost when Ade had the chance to make a simple cutback to Siggurdsson in the first half and then refused to release an unmarked Siggurdsson late in the second half of extra time. I thought we played well considering we were down to nine men. Really Adebayor does not look interested when things get tough. Other than him, I was pleased with the efforts of every one else. Some performances were poor, but the efforts were good.

It wasn't an attempted put-down. I wrote a column that explained why I choose to express my viewpoint he way I do. You just don't want to accept that some people are different. We don't all walk around believing the worst all the fudging time. And the you talk to me about showing emotion? Pathetic.[/QUOTE]

But its YOU who seem to not accept other peoples viewpoints isnt it ? Someone here has as much right to rant and moan and be tinkled off after a game like this, and this forum is a place to express their views, so why do you appear to take it personally on yourself ?

Your posts recently have bordered not on positivitey but on delusional denial of the obvious.

What the.....?

Who missed the penalties today? Huddlestone, admittedly English, and Adebayor, Togolese.

Who failed to save the penalties today? Brad Friedel, an American.

Unless Dawson, Parker and Carroll were guilty of not projecting some invincible penalty-guaranteeing aura which foreign players apparently have in abundance, I fail to see what they did wrong.

Dawson saved us many, many times today. Carroll was a whirl of energy, and far more importantly, movement, which is something our team as a whole lacks. Parker's been getting so much brick without anyone ever stopping to think what would happen if he were injured for any length of time and we had to cope with Livermore in midfield, or no midfield enforcer at all.

Today's defeat was down to three things; our willingness to give players game-time based on equality as opposed to skill (Friedel, Gallas first leg being examples), our strange lack of ability to ever win a penalty shootout and our fudge-ups in the first leg.

I'm proud of the lads. ALL the lads. Including Ade: serial bottler though he may be, at least he tried his damn hardest. The plpayers fought back in a hostile atmosphere to come back from being a goal down twice, despite missing half our preferred starting eleven. Then they weathered thirty minutes of pressure despite being a man down and without any midfield battler to shield the back-line. You cannot ask for more than that.

We dont pay Ade to try, he didnt want to join us unless we gave him a big contract- we gave him this to get us CL football by great performances and goals- this cowboy has shown everyone what his true colours are this season. Added to his African adventures make him the biggest waste of space at the club.

Parker and Dawson always get shown up in big games or against big teams and only play as others are injured. By summer they should be moved on if we have any real plans.

You're right, I need to remember 'tis the Internet...but I am 'old school' in the sense if some toff or lightweight wants to try and call you out, you step up. I suppose I need to remember...it's the Internet...I need to find Crawley, Gordy and reminisce about how it used to be interns of supporters :(

In other words, you only want people to post here who share exactly the same thoughts as yourself. Well done.

Who said anything about him being a main player? If we're lucky, Carroll will develop well enough to be a good squad player for us or someone we can sell on for a nice profit. Nobody said we're going to start building the squad around him or playing him in every game.

Carroll is far too young to judge at the moment. Hopefully he will develop into a great player for us. Next season is a big one for him.

We dont pay Ade to try, he didnt want to join us unless we gave him a big contract- we gave him this to get us CL football by great performances and goals- this cowboy has shown everyone what his true colours are this season. Added to his African adventures make him the biggest waste of space at the club.

Parker and Dawson always get shown up in big games or against big teams and only play as others are injured. By summer they should be moved on if we have any real plans.

haha - not even as squad players? ridiculous mate. Parker - I like Parker but understand why some would want to get rid but Dawson?

Getting rid of players means we have to replace them with equal quality or better maybe for more money (which we seem not to have)

Thought the lads did well. Tough way to go out, disappointed for sure, but thought we played quite well. In isolation the result was good and the performance was good, we made it a little bit too tough for ourselves by going into this with the 2-2 result after the home game.

Had no confidence before the penalty shootout, not because of what happened way back when, but because we didn't have a lot of good penalty takers on the pitch.

Steff: just ignore the trolls, they don't deserve your attention.

What?
Nonsense. Do you only like buying million pound players? Why would we invest all this time and effort into the academy and set up just to pass over youth players breaking through?

I don't even know why im responding to this drivel.

Its time to wake up and smell the whack.

We dont produce good players, we buy them. Bar Ledley we havent produced any first team players for years. But lets pretend Bostock, Carroll, Parret etc are all going to through. We should sell them and if they are any good buy them back later like Crouch.

LOL Jamie O Hara couldnt pick out a pass to save his life.
You'd probably think a young Jimmy Bullard would look better than a young Xavi because Bullard would run about more and put the ball in the top corner now and then.

Seriously are you judging O'Hara on MOTD highlights or something?

Last edited:
Anyone that thinks finishing 4th is more important than winning a Trophy is a sorry example of modern fan. The reaction by the Basel fans at the end to going through to a European Semi Final. thats what football is about. I started supporting Spurs aged 7 in 1989 and if football was just about finishing in the Top 4 I doubt I would have got half as addicted to it as I did.

Watching us win the FA Cup in 91 as a kid and then beating Chelski in the League Cup in 2008 are the two highlights of my time as a Spurs supporter thus far.

What has football become?

In other words, you only want people to post here who share exactly the same thoughts as yourself. Well done.

You don't get it do you? I came here tonight and posted a couple of small things. I said nothing other than I hoped it would not deflate our season. Where does that say anything remotely close to what you said above? Seriously, WTF are you talking about? You want a free swing where no-one says anything back? Not even Kermit would...

We dont produce good players, we buy them. Bar Ledley we havent produced any first team players for years. But lets pretend Bostock, Carroll, Parret etc are all going to through. We should sell them and if they are any good buy them back later like Crouch.

We didnt produce Bostock.

Premier League clubs rarely produce their own players.

Back