• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v FC Basel, EL QF 2nd Leg

Dembele is a good player but it is true I don't understand the hype. Parker is a limited player, that much is clear. Dembele is also a limited player.

The things you mention as negatives about Dembele Parker is even worse at. Parker can't shoot for toffee, never picks out the easy forward passes, can't even do the easy sideways passes without slowing things down with a few touches first and unlike Dembele can't run past an opponent (unless it's to run INTO another player).

My prediction: Spurs will score first - offering us tantalizing hope that we will progress to the semi-finals. But Basel will equalise and then look to shut up shop. We will push forward with increasing desperation but little effect until ... finally ... Basel score a late winner from a counterattack. :(

Dembele is a good player but it is true I don't understand the hype. Parker is a limited player, that much is clear. Dembele is also a limited player.

Yes Dembele has some limitations. I suppose his lack of quick passing is what you're referring to? By such a strict definition of limited there are rather few players in the world that aren't limited.

In fact the combination of attacking and defensive abilities Dembele has is rather rare in football making him something fairly close to a complete player. But I suppose you don't rate his defensive contributions as highly as I do.

As far as im concerned this is what we have to do

Go all out all guns blazing and all out attack. Nothing changes if they score - we still need to score at least 1 or 2 (I think we will HAVE to score 2 as I think they will score no matter what).

I would be seriously dissapointed if we dont go all out and attack the ****s.

1-0 works for us but if they score we will HAVE to score 2 anyways. The chances of us keeping a clean sheet is seriously low.

As far as im concerned this is what we have to do

Go all out all guns blazing and all out attack. Nothing changes if they score - we still need to score at least 1 or 2 (I think we will HAVE to score 2 as I think they will score no matter what).

I would be seriously dissapointed if we dont go all out and attack the ****s.

1-0 works for us but if they score we will HAVE to score 2 anyways. The chances of us keeping a clean sheet is seriously low.

So, you want us to attack then?

Well we should just defend a bit - no?

We should get two goals and then defend.

I want to go to Dam

We should get two goals... and then go for a third goal after they score their second! ...and then go for a 4th after they score again..

Qualifying Ossie style :lol:

We should get two goals... and then go for a third goal after they score their second! ...and then go for a 4th after they score again..

Qualifying Ossie style :lol:

I would love that but the default seems to be go 2-0 up then defend ;)

We get 3 and we go through - dont think we will concede four although I wouldnt be surprised.

I would love that but the default seems to be go 2-0 up then defend ;)

We get 3 and we go through - dont think we will concede four although I wouldnt be surprised.

I fully expect 4, I really dont know how they didnt score at least 6 or 7 against us.

I fully expect 4, I really dont know how they didnt score at least 6 or 7 against us.

thats a good point.....

Well if spurs keep a clean sheet over there then I will eat my hat.

Im hoping that the difference this time will be that our players will not underestimate Basel - should never of happened in the first leg anyway. This will be close.......

After being put throught the mill vs Lyon and Especially Inter I really want us to sneak through this tie and win this ruddy competition.

The longer this game goes on at 0-0 prob (2min now im saying this) surely the more edgy They will get..... I say we just compete and score so late the cant do anything - Dembele another sweet left footed last minute winner if you please.

thats a good point.....

Well if spurs keep a clean sheet over there then I will eat my hat.

Im hoping that the difference this time will be that our players will not underestimate Basel - should never of happened in the first leg anyway. This will be close.......

After being put throught the mill vs Lyon and Especially Inter I really want us to sneak through this tie and win this ruddy competition.

The longer this game goes on at 0-0 prob (2min now im saying this) surely the more edgy They will get..... I say we just compete and score so late the cant do anything - Dembele another sweet left footed last minute winner if you please.

I cant see them not scoring. There is absolutely no point in keeping it tight as that mentality is so difficult to break when you need a goal. Its easier to go into defensive mode from an attacking one than the other way round in my opinion.

One thing is for certain, I really do hope we play Lloris as id like to us to play a high line and we will definitely need a quicker keeper than Friedel.

Has there ever been a team who played their reserve keeper in all the rounds and then replaced him in the final? Honest question

BHajvSbCQAIuT9w.jpg:large

My uneducated guess is that none of them will start Thursday.

An early goal for them would be just as devastating for us as an early goal for us would be devastating to them. We will go out in our normal fashion i think, nothing too crazy, but looking to control the game and get on the ball to put them under pressure without taking big risks.

I too wish Lloris would start, but like Jordinho I think it's unlikely.

I cant see them not scoring. There is absolutely no point in keeping it tight as that mentality is so difficult to break when you need a goal. Its easier to go into defensive mode from an attacking one than the other way round in my opinion.

One thing is for certain, I really do hope we play Lloris as id like to us to play a high line and we will definitely need a quicker keeper than Friedel.

You really need to watch the first game again mate, and that was us at home.

You really need to watch the first game again mate, and that was us at home.

I barely watched it but from what I watched - yeah we got hammered at the back. I am unsure whether Lloris may have helped in that regard but there is more chance it would.

I guess my point being - even if they score a goal - it wont change things. 1-0 for us is the only result that would work with us keeping a clean sheet - and I think we would concede even with a very tight deep defence.

Back