• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v FC Basel, EL QF 2nd Leg

care to explain why we would have a substantially better chance at making top 4 without an extra 2 games of football?

See my post on p1 of this thread - we'll end up playing 2 games per week between now and end of the season. We simply don't have the depth in quality central midfielders, winger and 2nd CFs to cope with the football. If Sandro was fit and we had another decent winger (Townsend?) then we would probably be able to cope with it but at present, we don't.

Given how tight the top of the league is, dropping 1 point could be the different between 4th and 5th. Dropping any more than that, such as failing to beat Southampton or Wigan, could be completely terminal

2 extra games doesn't equate to a substantial difference one way or the other - might put us at a slight disadvantage if we go through - but it's negligible. certainly not the hindrance you are making it out to be, imv

--------------------Freidel-------------------
Walker----Dawson----Vertonghen---Ekotto
----------Huddlestone---Parker-------------
---Dembele-----Siggurdsson----Holtby---
-----------------Adebayor-------------------

------------------Lloris--------------------
Walker---Dawson------Vertonghen-----BAE
-----------Hudd--------Carroll------------
Dembele----------Holtby---------------Gylfi
----------------Bad Ade-------------------

Boom, control in midfield and some dribbling ability on the wing.

------------------Lloris--------------------
Walker---Dawson------Vertonghen-----BAE
-----------Hudd--------Carroll------------
Dembele----------Holtby---------------Gylfi
----------------Bad Ade-------------------

Boom, control in midfield and some dribbling ability on the wing.
Wouldn't mind this either.

Yes, I hate the Europa excuse. Are we just conveniently forgetting last season?

What does last season have to do with it? Mind running me through the logic of that one? We had a drop in form without being in Europe. That's one example of one team having a drop in form in one season without being en Europe. So thus being in Europe doesn't affect league form?

2 extra games doesn't equate to a substantial difference one way or the other - might put us at a slight disadvantage if we go through - but it's negligible. certainly not the hindrance you are making it out to be, imv

6 league games left, two of those games are likely to be affected by the European hangover effect. That's a third of the remaining games. It's likely to go right to the end and be really close, a point or two could easily be the difference. Having a somewhat smaller chance in two of those 6 games is significant in my opinion. There's also the added chance of injury both from having more games and from players getting run down a bit more.

I'm not hoping that we lose, but I think there's a positive to take away from losing if that were to happen.

I love the way everyone adds Hudd to their line up. Is that after 10 good minutes vs a tired Everton team? He hasnt got 70 minutes in him in a top away game I dont think.

----------------LLoris

Walker-- Dawson--Caulker--Vertonghen

--------Carroll------Dembele

Holtby-----Dempsey------Siggy

----------Adebayor

Dempsey who was awful vs Everton because he can grab a goal or two, and thats what we'll need on Thursday.

I can't believe people are still saying they want us out even at this stage of the season!!

We're not going to qualify for the Champions League anyway.

Blimey this argument just goes round and round. So if we qualify for next seasons champions league, how are we going to cope with all the extra games?

Yawn.

I would love to be 3-1 down in the last minute on Thursday only to score 2 goals in the last minute to draw 3-3 and go through.

So, on a scale of 1-10 how much do we want to win this? I'm going for a 6, would like to go through but if we lose would be the happiest I've ever been after a defeat....

I would love to be 3-1 down in the last minute on Thursday only to score 2 goals in the last minute to draw 3-3 and go through.

I've been dreaming of us being 2-1 up, Basel hammering away for the equaliser then we score a third to end it and silence the stadium with about 5 minutes left.

THAT would be sweet.

So, on a scale of 1-10 how much do we want to win this? I'm going for a 6, would like to go through but if we lose would be the happiest I've ever been after a defeat....

Yeah, i'd be well chuffed getting knocked out of Europe in the quarters by a swiss team...

On a scale of 1-10 I want to win 10. Like every game Tottenham have and will ever play. 10.

I love the way everyone adds Hudd to their line up. Is that after 10 good minutes vs a tired Everton team? He hasnt got 70 minutes in him in a top away game I dont think.

----------------LLoris

Walker-- Dawson--Caulker--Vertonghen

--------Carroll------Dembele

Holtby-----Dempsey------Siggy

----------Adebayor

Dempsey who was awful vs Everton because he can grab a goal or two, and thats what we'll need on Thursday.

Dempsey is only just getting back after injury anyway. When in the swing of things we saw how important he was for us and he will be again. We need his goals, although good to see we have another goalscoring midfielder in Sig....

Yeah, i'd be well chuffed getting knocked out of Europe in the quarters by a swiss team...

On a scale of 1-10 I want to win 10. Like every game Tottenham have and will ever play. 10.

Didn't say I'd be chuffed. Unlike you I do think we could still get top 4, and our squad are on it's last legs so I wouldn't be that upset if we were knocked out. Like I said, still want to go through...

Agreed.

We have a ten day break. Our players will be fine going two matches a week for the rest of the season.

Most important game of the season. We win-we go through.

We will go through. Why? Because we are better than Basle.

Back