• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v FC Basel, EL QF 2nd Leg

Time we broke our duck away from home this season, and what better time to do it. Big ask considering how they played on Thursday night, but did we make them look better than they really are

Lloris
Walker - Dawson - Vertonghen - Assou Ekotto
Parker - Huddlestone
Ceballos - Dembele - Sigurdsson
Adebayor

Not sure if Ceballos should start. It's a bit of a gamble. Maybe Holtby in his place, but I like the idea of Dembele starting higher up the pitch but dropping back to form a middle three out of possession. We need an extra body in the middle this time as Parker's star is waning and Thudd is not the fastest. I think Dembele has a knack of nicking the ball and the further up the pitch the better.

That or drop Parker altogether and play Holtby in the hole in front of Dembele and Thudd. I watched Schalke a few times and that is where he was playing for 2 of the matches.

Attack:
----Dembele -- Huddlestone---
Ceballos -- Holtby -- Sigurdsson
----------Adebayor-----------

Defending:
---Holtby --Dembele -- Huddlestone---
Ceballos ------Ade-------- Sigurdsson

What is this Parker hatred? With Sandro out he is our most important midfielder.

I'd like to see us play Parker, Holtby and Huddlestone.

Hatred? No. Acceptance that he is a technically limited player? yes.

Where's Dembele? Why would we drop our best midfielder when we have a ten day break after thursday? Madness!..

What is this Parker hatred? With Sandro out he is our most important midfielder.

Agree. People forget he's our back-up defensive midfielder. How many PL teams have better back-up? And who do people expect us to have covering for Sandro?

Hatred? No. Acceptance that he is a technically limited player? yes.

Where's Dembele? Why would we drop our best midfielder when we have a ten day break after thursday? Madness!..

Dembele needs a long break to learn how to use his right foot and to stop dribbling into defenders :lol:

Dembele needs a long break to learn how to use his right foot and to stop dribbling into defenders :lol:

It amuses me that you complain about the negative posts about Parker, yet every time you have mentioned Dembele in a post on these forums it has been with that negativity you seem to denounce.

I could sit here and proclaim Parker's inadequacies as you proclaim Dembele's, however i don't think we'd get anywhere useful.

Last edited:

Yeah, that deflected shot that ended up crashing against the cross bar with his right foot against Everton was really a terrible shot. Yet to see Parker make a shot as good as that with his strongest foot after almost two years at the club.

Dembele is immense, he has been playing too many games in the last month, as Parker has been, and his performances have suffered a little bit as a result. He's one of the players we really rely on, results show that and it's clear as daylight when he's having a bad day as we generally look average at the very best in those games.

No, generally on this forum. So many negative posts towards the guy all the time.

Fair enough, but there is a growing consensus that the Parker of today is not the Parker of a year ago. For me his defensive contribution is sadly diminished, and lets face it, even at his best he tended to run out of ideas once he bombs up the pitch. I also think he is too slow to release the ball (as is Dembele mind) and it seems to me he is running out of steam as the season progresses, as happened last season too. He was great against inter in the 1st leg but he just not the player he was a year back. All my opinion of course.

Don't confuse criticism with hatred.

Fair enough, but there is a growing consensus that the Parker of today is not the Parker of a year ago. For me his defensive contribution is sadly diminished, and lets face it, even at his best he tended to run out of ideas once he bombs up the pitch. I also think he is too slow to release the ball (as is Dembele mind) and it seems to me he is running out of steam as the season progresses, as happened last season too. He was great against inter in the 1st leg but he just not the player he was a year back. All my opinion of course.

Don't confuse criticism with hatred.

It seems to me that Scotty is playing a different role this season. If I remember correctly, last season he was more of a defensive shield and his main forward looking job (after a few 360's) was to give the ball to Modders.

Parker - Dembele as a pairing is far from ideal. They're both guilty of some of the same faults. Either of them would be better off with someone with different qualities.

It amuses me that you complain about the negative posts about Parker, yet every time you have mentioned Dembele in a post on these forums it has been with that negativity you seem to denounce.

I could sit here and proclaim Parker's inadequacies as you proclaim Dembele's, however i don't think we'd get anywhere useful.

Dembele is a good player but it is true I don't understand the hype. Parker is a limited player, that much is clear. Dembele is also a limited player.

Back