• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v FC Basel, EL QF 2nd Leg

No way we could be as bad as we were in the 1st leg and they won't be as good, in fact I read a Swiss journo say that in his whole career of following Basel he has never seen them play as well as they did at WHL, can't remember where I read it (pretty sure it wasn't a dream...) but we will win 1-2 and go through to the Semis.

This needs Badger and Otter power.

tumblr_m6s0hnv89k1ql62vno1_500.jpg

COYS

Basels home record in the league:

13 games played
10 wins
3 draws
28 scored
6 conceded

They haven't conceded at home in the league since the 7th October 2012.

Basels home record in the Europa League:

5 games played
4 wins
1 draw
10 scored
2 conceded

They haven't conceded a goal at home in the Europa League since the 4th October 2012.

For this I'd like to go:

----------- Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen BAE
------- Carroll Dembele
Holtby --- Dempsey ---- Sig
------------ Ade

Ufortunately we'll get Parker and Friedel. If this was the first leg I might consider Hudd for Dempsey and push Dembele further forward. Think it's time for one or two gambles.

People forget 0-1 will do the job here, we dont have to go for it by any stretch, so parker will play a big role tomorrow, walker will be back, Ade in form.

I dont know how we will do but we have a chance and what will be will be....

Giving Parker a big role doesn't necessarily fill me with confidence. He's no Sandro.

As you say though 0-1 will do, I wonder if that means a Livermore/Parker midfield, gulp.

Giving Parker a big role doesn't necessarily fill me with confidence. He's no Sandro.

As you say though 0-1 will do, I wonder if that means a Livermore/Parker midfield, gulp.

Playing for a 0-1 would be highly risky.

I think we'll need to score two goals either way. To either force it to extra time or win 1-2 (3-4 agg).

Can't see us keeping a clean sheet. That Basle attack was mighty impressive.

Plus we have a 10 day rest time. We can afford to play our first eleven.

Well we haven't won away in Europe (iirc?) and they haven't lost at home.

3-3 draw it is \o/

People forget 0-1 will do the job here, we dont have to go for it by any stretch, so parker will play a big role tomorrow, walker will be back, Ade in form.

I dont know how we will do but we have a chance and what will be will be....

Not sure what he's up to tomorrow, but hope he's fit and ready Thursday.

lets face it, we will be chasing shadows on Thurs against this mob. They will be too mobile and too clever

consolation is we can concentrate on the premier league

lets face it, we will be chasing shadows on Thurs against this mob. They will be too mobile and too clever

consolation is we can concentrate on the premier league

Throw in the towel before the match starts?

Lets hope the players aren't thinking this, if they are we'll not make top four this season.

Throw in the towel before the match starts?

Lets hope the players aren't thinking this, if they are we'll not make top four this season.

just being realistic

looking forward to the match though :)

Carroll is starting tonight against West Ham. There's no way AVB has him in mind for a start on thursday then.

Lloris
Walker - Dawson - Vertonghen - Assou Ekotto
Parker - Huddlestone
Ceballos - Dembele - Sigurdsson
Adebayor

Carroll is starting tonight against West Ham. There's no way AVB has him in mind for a start on thursday then.

Nope. Not bashing AVB because I do like him however he does seem very reluctant to use younger players, even people like Caulker who has a season of PL experience under his belt

Nope. Not bashing AVB because I do like him however he does seem very reluctant to use younger players, even people like Caulker who has a season of PL experience under his belt

has hardly excelled in our colors though has he, so far

No way we could be as bad as we were in the 1st leg and they won't be as good, in fact I read a Swiss journo say that in his whole career of following Basel he has never seen them play as well as they did at WHL, can't remember where I read it (pretty sure it wasn't a dream...) but we will win 1-2 and go through to the Semis.

This needs Badger and Otter power

tumblr_m6s0hnv89k1ql62vno1_500.jpg

COYS

That's the spirit.
the badger has been sorely ignored this season...I am delighted they hath returned twice in this one!
COYS!

Back