• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT **Tottenham v AFC Bournemouth

Who was our MotM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Things turn so fast in football. Three matches ago we beat city and could win the league. Now we haven't scored in the last couple of games, and we need all kinds of players in the next transfer window to help salvage a European place.

Truth is, we had a good half against wba but didn't put away our chances. Same against Leverkusen. Then had a poor half against them, and then no goals yesterday. Hardly worth digging a hole and bury ourselves in it just yet. It's always about margins in football. We'll bounce back. We have a hungry group of players eager to prove themselves and get back on track. I think we'll see an aggressive display against Leicester - we have a lot to revenge for last season.

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Moussa Sissoko could face a retrospective Football Association ban for elbowing Bournemouth's Harry Arter, says ex-England international Danny Murphy.
Sissoko caught Arter in the second half of Saturday's 0-0 draw, apologising to the Cherries midfielder afterwards.
"He said it was an accident. I'm happy to take that as gospel," said Arter.
Match of the Day analyst Murphy said: "Sissoko is going to get done for that whether he meant to or not."
He added: "I don't know what he was thinking. It looks awful."
Referee Craig Pawson did not punish Spurs substitute Sissoko following the incident, which sparked an angry reaction from Republic of Ireland international Arter.
The FA can use video evidence to take retrospective action for incidents that are not seen by match officials.

We're Tottenham. Nailed on he gets punished even though the officials let it go

Yes it was. We've seen countless times players get written off on here, only to then end up being lauded a while later, and yet still there's no patience whatsoever for a 22 year old who's been with us for about 4 months.

Lamela last year had reached lauded status, now he has a couple of poor efforts and he's brick again.

And all this from a draw. Welcome to GG I guess.

I never lauded him.

Spurs player ratings V Bournemouth :

Dembele 8.0
Wanyama 7.5
Lamela 7.2
Vertonghen 7.1
Lloris 7.0
Walker 6.8
Rose 6.7
Dier 6.6
Alli 6.4
Eriksen 6.4
Sissoko 6.3
Janssen 5.9
Son 5.8

http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-con...ed-Tottenham-player-ratings-v-Bournemouth.jpg

So, Dembele was our best player while Son was our worst player against Bournemouth. Son actually had a lower rating than Janssen which takes a huge effort to achieve ! Can't even remember Son having any touch of the ball the whole match.

All this individual escaped goating when the team has a dip in form......

whatever happened to win as a team , lose as a team?

Edit: win as a team, draw as a team.

We are chatting on a forum about the team's performances we are not spacegoating because we chat about an individual's performance.
If there are question marks against a player performances it does not mean we do not want that player to improve.
We will not get rid of any player by discussing them on here and we all at the start of any spurs game are rooting for the team.

I haven't seen much of Bournemouth this season. Is that high press in the first half/drop back in the 2nd half a typical approach of theirs?

Haven't watched them for too many live games - I gather they are different gravy this year as we saw to our cost.
I was personally very impressed!

So was i. Very organised and playing to a plan.

Not sure if the second-half drop of was part of the plan or tiredness (and not having the fitness levels for 90 mins of it (especially wheelchair:))).

Some effective attacking options as well. Thought Danny and Walker both had their work cut out. Plus very hard working options in midfield.

Not sure if Poch got caught out (you wouldn't think so) BUT perhaps starting with the team that finished, and finishing with the team that started would have been better. The subs were plain weird. (especially with Lamela on a tightrope)

Crumb of comfort is some of the other other top teams could come unstuck when they visit the Vitality.

It's tough because I don't think we were particularly bad yesterday, I think Bournemouth were just excellent defensively. They are very fit and had the courage to press us, denying the service into our attack. When we did get it there, they closed up well.

Bournemouth weren't that great either offensively because we are good defending ourselves, but it just meant in the game we sort of cancelled each other out. And a team that is fit and has courage can probably do at least that.

It was a 'stale'mate but we did look a little off the pace in the first half, credit to Bournemouth IMHO

It's tough because I don't think we were particularly bad yesterday, I think Bournemouth were just excellent defensively. They are very fit and had the courage to press us, denying the service into our attack. When we did get it there, they closed up well.

Bournemouth weren't that great either offensively because we are good defending ourselves, but it just meant in the game we sort of cancelled each other out. And a team that is fit and has courage can probably do at least that.

I dont think we were either. As i have said previously we cant have it our own way every week, there are 11 men that have other ideas.

Luckily most teams take the opposite approach to Bournemouth yesterday and sit and bank up and give us possession and time to think. No doubt Bournemouth came for us and i have noticed in previous games that anytime the opposition comes with the high press we dont deal with it very well.

It could quite simply be, either we are surprised by it (from a particular team) or it happens so infrequently that we're just plain out of practice with dealing with it. (as i said earlier, in the main we have our own way in games).

Can we train to deal with it or is it something that even the best teams have trouble with (like City at the Lane)??

I dont think we were either. As i have said previously we cant have it our own way every week, there are 11 men that have other ideas.

Luckily most teams take the opposite approach to Bournemouth yesterday and sit and bank up and give us possession and time to think. No doubt Bournemouth came for us and i have noticed in previous games that anytime the opposition comes with the high press we dont deal with it very well.

It could quite simply be, either we are surprised by it (from a particular team) or it happens so infrequently that we're just plain out of practice with dealing with it. (as i said earlier, in the main we have our own way in games).

Can we train to deal with it or is it something that even the best teams have trouble with (like City at the Lane)??

I think even the best teams have trouble with it. And if both teams are doing it, the game just becomes hectic and scrappy. Even the mid table teams are incredibly fit and can press, and there isn't an easy answer to it.

City also dropping points today shows we are well and truly in the title race. There are some rubbish teams in this league, the Sunderlands, the Hulls, but teams like Bournemouth and Southampton are genuinely good. Arsenal dropping to Boro at home is worse than us dropping to Bournemouth. No need to panic, we have a great young team and we are well in what will be a difficult race.

I thought son was ineffective

He isn't a 9for me

He is a forward and will score goals as we have seen but he looks much more effective with Jansenn

He didn't play as a nine yesterday (we didn't have one). Son spent most of his time out on the left with Alli and Eriksen being the most central but both withdrawn.

Poor performance overall, I think not helped by the fact that we're playing so many games in different stadiums at the moment (believe it's going to be seven games in a row at different grounds). But also down to poor tactical decisions from the boss.

Son was poor as a striker last season and has been devastating cutting in from the left this year so why he thought picking him to play up front on his own is beyond me. I'd also like to see Eriksen continuing to play in the deeper role as he was looking good there. I'm not really sure why Lamela didn't come off at half time.

Yes, City and Arsenal dropped points and at least one of United and Chelsea are about to too. But...we need to be winning games like this if we're genuinely in the title race.

He didn't play as a nine yesterday (we didn't have one). Son spent most of his time out on the left with Alli and Eriksen being the most central but both withdrawn.

Which is why every attack kinda bounced back and nothing was in the box

Poor tactics against big less mobile centre backs IMO

Back