• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT **Tottenham v AFC Bournemouth

Who was our MotM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do share the concerns regarding our lack of goals. I was also perplexed like some of you, with bringing on Sissoko, when the team was clearly crying out for ingenuity in attack, against a side hanging on at that point in the game . Sissoko to my mind is best utilised against teams pressing us high up the pitch as Bournemouth were doing in the first half, so it could be argued he should've been a starter.

However my main point is we are a decent team, not a top team but a decent team and I do wish some of you, who have us up there with the very best, accept, that even the very best have bad runs with the reason being, either not enough goals scored , or they're leaking goals they wouldn't normally. This Poch Spurs team, is in it's third season and it seems to me that when it struggles, it's generally due to a lack of goals scored rather than letting them in. It's a problem Poch will have to solve and I believe he will.

Three games, three draws , one goal scored and one conceded and we have dropped to fourth. I'm pretty sure we've all seen much worse runs.

Harry's return although very welcome, it would be dangerous to believe he will be able to solve our goal scoring drought for some considerable time while he gets back his match sharpness!

Harry' is not the cavalry!

Hopefully his reappearance may get the other players to up their own game in the final third.

I've been saying he's brick for years, he doesn't offer anything to the team IMO just a liability. But Poch loves him so we are stuck with him I'm afraid.

Wouldn't go that far but he's definitely overrated on this forum and his end product is not good enough. Far too much emphasis is placed on his work rate and how he "sets the tempo for our pressing". Pretty sure the whole team works hard otherwise Poch wouldn't pick them.

Few posters going on about Lamela being crap but yet again the golden boy Erksen gets away with it. This guy offers nothing. Hides in games. He is meant to be our main creator

The same people were criticising him for not having a plan b last season are now criticising him for finding ways of keeping us unbeaten whilst Kane is out this season.

Today we played with a false 9. That is why there was no one in the box off the last defender until Janssen came on.

We played away from home against a decent side. If you think that every week should be a walk in the park then you will always end up being disappointed.
Poch bought Janssen, someone he wanted as a back up to Kane. So no excuses, he's got to be responsible for getting more out of him. Regardless, when we get the ball, we dither around too much. Or try too many intricate passes in front of goal.

By allowing the defence time to reorganize and fall deeper, it's not only Bournemouth that we will struggle to beat. On the other hand we are giving them - a poor side- what they want, and the best chance of keeping the clean sheet - false 9 or not.

Are you saying that Poch is faultless when we can't score against Bournemouth away? Or that they played such an excellent game that there was no possible way for Poch to prepare the boys to play better yesterday?

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Dude, if you were paying attention you would know I was not making any excuses, my post was in direct response to somebody looking at our performance today and suggesting that Chelsea, the Goons and Emirates Marketing Project would not drop points to such teams.

If I remember rightly we have beaten Stoke 4:0 in our last 2 league matches against them. Interestingly Stoke have beaten Chelsea in their last two matches against them. Now I am not judgin', I'm just sayin'
The thing is, if we actually have any aspirations to win this league, and you will perhaps be surprised by this but I tell you it's true, we actually have to do better than the teams around us!

The thing is, if we actually have any aspirations to win this league, and you will perhaps be surprised by this but I tell you it's true, we actually have to do better than the teams around us!

Do you want credit for stating the bleedin' obvious? I do not disagree with you mate but it still has nothing to do with my comment which was a direct response to an entirely different point

Poch bought Janssen, someone he wanted as a back up to Kane. So no excuses, he's got to be responsible for getting more out of him. Regardless, when we get the ball, we dither around too much. Or try too many intricate passes in front of goal.

By allowing the defence time to reorganize and fall deeper, it's not only Bournemouth that we will struggle to beat. On the other hand we are giving them - a poor side- what they want, and the best chance of keeping the clean sheet - false 9 or not.

Are you saying that Poch is faultless when we can't score against Bournemouth away? Or that they played such an excellent game that there was no possible way for Poch to prepare the boys to play better yesterday?

Why are the only options that you give extreme and irrational?

You seem to forget that we have played most of this season without Kane and Dembele. Check out our results from last season when Dembele wasn't playing if you're looking for signs of progress.

Who's looking for excuses for Janssen? Some understanding that it can take a little while to settle in a new country and that he has probably had to play more than the coach would have wished wouldn't be a bad idea though.

We came up against a good side yesterday, who played very well. It happens.

Few posters going on about Lamela being crap but yet again the golden boy Erksen gets away with it. This guy offers nothing. Hides in games. He is meant to be our main creator

Why do people always want to single out players for criticism and then go overboard? If you really think that Eriksen offers nothing, then I'm not sure that we're watching the same team.

After thrashing Bournemouth home and away last season, it is annoying we failed to even score a goal against them this time. We seem to have the same problem we had last season. We are simply drawing too many matches. We lack the killer instinct in front of goal without Kane. All these lost points will surely come back to affect us later in the season.

This match again proves that we badly lack a consistent goal scorer without Kane. Son was scoring goals for fun for a few matches. But now he has been poor for the last few matches. He was again poor in this match and didn't even have any shots on goal. Lamela was the only one looking like scoring a goal in this match. He was unlucky not to score a goal-of-the season contender when his long range shot hit the post in the first half. He also came close to scoring from a difficult angle and from a freekick in the 2nd half. Apart from that, Eriksen and Alli too had shots on goal which was saved by the goalie. I think we would have won this match had one of those shots had gone in.

Felt our midfield failed to control the midfield as much as needed in this match. Wanyama and Dembele played well in patches but they were largely ineffective as Bournemouth had too much possession. Eriksen had another quiet game and didn't help our attack much. Alli was our only goal scorer in the last 3 matches. But he didn't look like scoring in this match.

Credit to our defence for keeping the clean sheet. But it was not really a convincing performance from our defence with Alderweireld out injured. Vertonghen and Dier made too many mistakes which put our goal in danger. We were very fortunate not concede in the first half when Lloris somehow made that save with his leg. Hope Alderweireld will come back soon from his injury.

It is good that we are still unbeaten after 9 matches of the season in the league. This is our longest unbeaten start since we went 10 matches unbeaten in 1991. But by drawing 4 of the 9 matches, we have lost 8 valuable points. We are also winless in 3 matches in all competitions now. We badly need to get back to winning ways soon.

Back