• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT **Tottenham v AFC Bournemouth

Who was our MotM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poor performance overall, I think not helped by the fact that we're playing so many games in different stadiums at the moment (believe it's going to be seven games in a row at different grounds). But also down to poor tactical decisions from the boss.

Son was poor as a striker last season and has been devastating cutting in from the left this year so why he thought picking him to play up front on his own is beyond me. I'd also like to see Eriksen continuing to play in the deeper role as he was looking good there. I'm not really sure why Lamela didn't come off at half time.

Yes, City and Arsenal dropped points and at least one of United and Chelsea are about to too. But...we need to be winning games like this if we're genuinely in the title race.

All because of the City game IMO. It was a blitz attack in that game that worked but that rarely works against teams where the device doesn't go forward

I dont think we were either. As i have said previously we cant have it our own way every week, there are 11 men that have other ideas.

Luckily most teams take the opposite approach to Bournemouth yesterday and sit and bank up and give us possession and time to think. No doubt Bournemouth came for us and i have noticed in previous games that anytime the opposition comes with the high press we dont deal with it very well.

It could quite simply be, either we are surprised by it (from a particular team) or it happens so infrequently that we're just plain out of practice with dealing with it. (as i said earlier, in the main we have our own way in games).

Can we train to deal with it or is it something that even the best teams have trouble with (like City at the Lane)??

We also weren't fresh after a hard European game

No coincidence that once Dembele got into the game we too charge IMO. Wanyama was excellent doing what he does and Moussa then started driving the team but the front 4 were gash

Any team would have found that a tough test. Bournmouth in a good place fitness and confidence wise. Also longer to prepare and fresher. Poch's comments re. squad, shows that the attacking players were tired and he didn't have suitable rotation options.

For all off Sissoko, new French guy, Edwards, Janssen, Onomah, Winks we don't yet have players who can rotate with Eriksen and Alli.

In hindsight would have given Janssen another start and kept some consistency for him and the team. Rotating the 3 behind where possible. Son, Alli, Lamela rotated with Eriksen, Onomah, Winks, Sissoko.

A point there is not bad. But we have the same old problem with winning close games that we edge (by which I mean possession, territory, attempts at goal etc).

Which is why every attack kinda bounced back and nothing was in the box

Poor tactics against big less mobile centre backs IMO

It was definitely our tactics to play with a false nine, although it changed a little in the second half. I'd be interested in knowing what the reasoning was behind it.

The point I was making was that it is wrong to criticise Son for his performance as a number nine when he didn't play there.

SlJ
It was definitely our tactics to play with a false nine, although it changed a little in the second half. I'd be interested in knowing what the reasoning was behind it.

The point I was making was that it is wrong to criticise Son for his performance as a number nine when he didn't play there.
I would hope the reasoning is three big games in 8 days, Liverpool, champions Leicester and Leverkusen. But who knows.
I'd take a win against Liverpool and Leicester and a draw.

Why are the only options that you give extreme and irrational?

You seem to forget that we have played most of this season without Kane and Dembele. Check out our results from last season when Dembele wasn't playing if you're looking for signs of progress.

Who's looking for excuses for Janssen? Some understanding that it can take a little while to settle in a new country and that he has probably had to play more than the coach would have wished wouldn't be a bad idea though.

We came up against a good side yesterday, who played very well. It happens.

funny how i think the same of your options. but stop short of calling you extreme or irrational.

we didn't have enough shots on targets, crosses into the penalty box...whats so hard for you to understand that those are legitmate request from an average fan for an average game.

bournemouth were all out defending but really if you think we can threaten their goal a bit more, than i think you are the one forgetting that we were pushing for the title last season.

Milo would you agree that if we want to be contenders, we need to win games like these?

Last edited:

Son for me is great playing off a striker as we have seen this season

funny how i think the same of your options. but stop short of calling you extreme or irrational.

we didn't have enough shots on targets, crosses into the penalty box...whats so hard for you to understand that those are legitmate request from an average fan for an average game.

bournemouth were all out defending but really if you think we can threaten their goal a bit more, than i think you are the one forgetting that we were pushing for the title last season.

Milo would you agree that if we want to be contenders, we need to win games like these?

I haven't called you extreme or irrational. You presented two options one Poch cannot coach and attacking side, the other Poch can do no wrong. I think that both are demonstrably wrong.

I would expect all of the title contenders to drop points in similar fixtures this season. If we want to be in the mix at the end of the season, we just shouldn't make a habit of it.

I haven't called you extreme or irrational. You presented two options one Poch cannot coach and attacking side, the other Poch can do no wrong. I think that both are demonstrably wrong.

I would expect all of the title contenders to drop points in similar fixtures this season. If we want to be in the mix at the end of the season, we just shouldn't make a habit of it.

there are a million options and many have been discussed, do you prefer me to list all the options that i agree to or disagree to, or can i like other just post the options at the top of my mind without them being the only ones considered?

i agree with poch that we should win yesterday's game:
"If we want to be contenders, we need to win games like these," Pochettino added.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37740734

Haven't his best performances this season been where he hasn't had a striker to play off?

No. Boro he played off Jansenn and scored 2
Stoke he had Kane to front and Jansenn
CSKA he had Jansenn up front

Basically he hasn't scored when played as a striker but has scored every game I think when he has played WITH a striker

there are a million options and many have been discussed, do you prefer me to list all the options that i agree to or disagree to, or can i like other just post the options at the top of my mind without them being the only ones considered?

i agree with poch that we should win yesterday's game:
"If we want to be contenders, we need to win games like these," Pochettino added.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37740734

I just think a more measured assessment is more often correct but I understand that people tend to exaggerate their views online.

I wouldn't expect Poch to say anything else. I also doubt that he expects to win every game against teams in the bottom half of the table.

No. Boro he played off Jansenn and scored 2
Stoke he had Kane to front and Jansenn
CSKA he had Jansenn up front

Basically he hasn't scored when played as a striker but has scored every game I think when he has played WITH a striker

Fair enough. I would have the City game down as his best game this season.

Fair enough. I would have the City game down as his best game this season.

Yes he was oustsanding as was the whole team

That for me was a team performance but the issue in the last three games has been that defensively we have been OK to very good (conceded 1 in 3). The attacking players haven't done enough or got going hence 1 goal scored

City worked as we let them have the ball in defence and their one of the few sides that matches us for Possesion. No one else we have played does or gets near to it so we have to play differently I believe. Playing a striker to Joel the ball up to bring in the other players is perfect for that and it's not a son strength

Yes he was oustsanding as was the whole team

That for me was a team performance but the issue in the last three games has been that defensively we have been OK to very good (conceded 1 in 3). The attacking players haven't done enough or got going hence 1 goal scored

City worked as we let them have the ball in defence and their one of the few sides that matches us for Possesion. No one else we have played does or gets near to it so we have to play differently I believe. Playing a striker to Joel the ball up to bring in the other players is perfect for that and it's not a son strength

Unfortunately, I think that the international break came at the wrong time and we haven't quite found our rhythm since. It happens though and I think that it is just fluctuating form rather than a deeper problem.

Unfortunately, I think that the international break came at the wrong time and we haven't quite found our rhythm since. It happens though and I think that it is just fluctuating form rather than a deeper problem.

We're not losing and were right up there still despite what people think... It's not bad at all IMO bad shows scope for improvement

I agree that the break didn't help us but otherwise agree with Bedford that Son is best playing off a main striker. One further thought, I don't think Poch will have done anything to improve VJs confidence by not starting him yesterday.

We're not losing and were right up there still despite what people think... It's not bad at all IMO bad shows scope for improvement

Indeed, all i have been hearing ( from some) is that we draw too many games and because of that we will never be in with a chance of winning the lge. Yet teams the teams above us have won ONE game more then we have, some fans just like to bitch.

Back