• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT **Tottenham v AFC Bournemouth

Who was our MotM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Down to fifth now after chelscums fourth against United.boo hoo.

It will become increasingly difficult to get a top four spot this season imho.

Down to fifth now after chelscums fourth against United.boo hoo.

It will become increasingly difficult to get a top four spot this season imho.

Get Harry back and we are right in the title race imo. Nothing to fear from anybody else, we are as good as any of them.

Here is the table around the same time last season

We were lower on less points

And this season will be even tighter IMO

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    198.8 KB · Views: 10
Even with Harry it will still be difficult imho.

I agree it will be difficult, but it will be just as difficult for our rivals too. Look at how Arsenal were fortunate to draw with Boro at home yesterday, Liverpool had one shot on target at home v Utd til around 60 mins, City have drawn their last two home games, Chelsea were battered by Arsenal recently, Utd look awful. We have been solid, coped with injuries and have been without out best attacker and main source of goals...and we are 1 point off the top.

I agree that the break didn't help us but otherwise agree with Bedford that Son is best playing off a main striker. One further thought, I don't think Poch will have done anything to improve VJs confidence by not starting him yesterday.

Difficult to say. It's the approach that he has been taking ever since Kane was injured. Poch has a decent record of integrating new players and tends to do it slowly, I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

We're a point off the top and the only undefeated team. We are well in the title race let alone a top 4 race. It will be tough because there are a lot of good teams, but we are one of them.

And we haven't got started yet offensively ...

We have carried on and actually improved our defensive characteristics

We need to get going up front again ASAP and the lets see us in full flight and judge

I'd say that apart from the city we have been at best at 80% of what we can be. I doubt we can improve our defensive characteristics, but there is plenty of scope in attack

I think we are better than we were last season, i'm not sure any of the other realistic challengers can say the same at the minute

edit: actually, Chelsea are, questions remain over City/Arse/United imo

Leicester are an absolute shambles obviously

Last edited:
I think we are better than we were last season, i'm not sure any of the other realistic challengers can say the same at the minute

I think we're better defensively and arguably more solid as a team. We're clearly still learning but seem to have that knack of not losing when the chips are down

We aren't better Up front though IMO, but then we have lost the best all round striker in the league

I think we're better defensively and arguably more solid as a team. We're clearly still learning but seem to have that knack of not losing when the chips are down

We aren't better Up front though IMO, but then we have lost the best all round striker in the league

he missed some games last season too so I was considering that a comparative wash

Did he miss many games through choice in the league? I don't remember Kane ever being injured but hey I could be wrong. He did miss some Europa games I remember

i thought he missed a few games injured, I remember making a snarky post (my only ever one) when we battered someone without him

We're a point off the top and the only undefeated team. We are well in the title race let alone a top 4 race. It will be tough because there are a lot of good teams, but we are one of them.

I said it would be diffult - not impossible. I hope we will be involved in a title challenge, I more realistically expect to be involved in a race with 6 teams for 4 top four places.

I said it would be diffult - not impossible. I hope we will be involved in a title challenge, I more realistically expect to be involved in a race with 6 teams for 4 top four places.

My thoughts as well. Top 4 is a realistic aim, the title is a bit beyond us IMO.

I am happy with how things have gone so far, I know there is enough in this team to see us fire soon enough

Get Harry back and we are right in the title race imo. Nothing to fear from anybody else, we are as good as any of them.
Harry%20Redknapp

We are chatting on a forum about the team's performances we are not escaped goating because we chat about an individual's performance.
If there are question marks against a player performances it does not mean we do not want that player to improve.
We will not get rid of any player by discussing them on here and we all at the start of any spurs game are rooting for the team.

Yeah, I get all that and criticism is fine but come on, this wanting players sold on and cutting our losses on them, is not wanting the players to improve!

Prior to the three draws and after beating Emirates Marketing Project we never saw some of the nonsensical OTT criticism of individual players.

Turning on the players due to our disappointment that we are not now top of the league on 23 points and that the three points in Leverkusen were not ours, to me, reeks of boo boy mentality.

Yeah, I get all that and criticism is fine but come on, this wanting players sold on and cutting our losses on them, is not wanting the players to improve!

Prior to the three draws and after beating Emirates Marketing Project we never saw some of the nonsensical OTT criticism of individual players.

Turning on the players due to our disappointment that we are not now top of the league on 23 points and that the three points in Leverkusen were not ours, to me, reeks of boo boy mentality.

Look I would never have bought Sissoko and I am not impressed with Janssen - now if that makes me a boo boy, so be it.
We are all entitled to an opinion.

Back