• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea

I can't believe the support on here given to our players both during and after the game to encourage their reckless and relentless fouling.

You missed before the game ;)

Mason in for Alli.
I'd settle for a 3-0 Tom Carroll super sub hatrick with Rose and Lamela sending Hazard and Fabregas out of the Euros.

In all seriousness though the reason we got 4 yellow cards at the end though was every time we got the ball we ended up giving it away. Lloris kept hitting it long to no one. He should have been the one calming us as captain. The yellow cards were us trying too hard to get the ball back.

I don't think we did anything but show ourselves up and by sinking down to the level of our opponents on Monday night!
There is little that makes me anything but ashamed of our petulant display in the latter part of that game.

I have seen no-one say what you state in your opening sentence. What I have seen is a very willing acceptance of the fact that our squad stood up for themselves last night, that this is part of the learning curve and that next season we will be even better at winning all battles everywhere. The referee failed to handle the game. Y

I respectfully suggest you go back and read through this thread. Some of the comments on here were shameful - even if it was Chelscum.

I respectfully suggest you go back and read through this thread. Some of the comments on here were shameful - even if it was Chelscum.

I will then take your word for it as I avoided looking at the thread for some obvious reasons. But I am probably one of the people you would find shameful. I am happy we stuck up for ourselves against a line of bullying and intimidation which had started two weeks prior in Sky Sports via Fabregas' mouth. We are a young side who need to learn, and I am in agreement that we lost out heads for the last 10 minutes amd need to learn, amd learn fast, from this. But I would rather see a side whose fight and desire needs taming than some of the PATHETIC and anaemic staff members we have had in the past. You can be ashamed by this if you like mate, but I will forever be more ashamed by the absolutely spineless, gutless and cowardly 4-0 drubbing we got there under Sherwood when the players confused the words 'fight' and 'fart' in the end failing to muster a whiff of either. We stood up to bullies and nobody, including half out support base, knows what to do becAuse we haven't in the past.

People are getting caught up in the hyperbole that the media are creating here. First off, We are not getting punished points wise. We have had only one case of failing to control in the last 3 seasons which was against West Brom in December and that normally amounts to a £25,000 fine. We have three counts and because of the seriousness of them we will probably be fined about £40,000 per charge so an overall £120,000 which is absolutely nothing.

Mousa Dembele will get banned for the standard 3 plus probably 2, maybe 3 on top as I said earlier on in this thread or his own one on Monday night after the game. The FA have to do it because the incident is so out of sync with what we normally see that they have to look as though they take more serious breaches to task. We can only hope that the first 2-3 fixtures of next season are not too taxing and that we have signed someone in CM that leaves us feeling as though we aren't seeing a massive drop in quality. Totally out of character and not nice to see, don't want to see him do it again but it is case closed for me. All this slating the guy from certain posters, its a disgrace etc........you are as bad as the tabloids and media outlets that are giving this oxygen. He did something wrong, will be punished for it by both club and FA, he doesn't have history and isn't likely to offend in the same manner again.

I can live with the charges by the FA and in fact, I welcome them. Monday night despite its frustrations has shown that this team is not got being to be mugged off or bullied. Fabregas was a target from minute one where Dier clattered him from the kick off and rightly so. His oily smugness on MNF during the Stoke game should have been dealt with and unlike 2-3 other vocal Chelsea players, you could tell he was almost itching to say that if he had to then he would deliberately aid Leicester in that game if it came down to it. That game was a throwback to a bygone era and I cherish that from time to time, the game has become so sanitized and sterile in the physical aspects and Tottenham have been notoriously soft over the years so watching the likes of Dier clearly look to punish the scumbag behaviour of Fabregas at the game, it was great and as for his last one, I only wish he could have connected slightly higher and harder and left Fabregas looking at a lengthy period on the side lines to think over his knobbish ways.

No one wants this to be standard procedure for us and I don't believe it ever would but given what was at stake, the niggly nature of the team we were playing and all their comments plus the fact it was a London derby, I can excuse it as a one off and enjoy what was just a full blooded match and a match where we have shown to anyone that was bright enough to take notice, that we actually wont be physically bullied again, not happening.

COYS!!!!!!!

On the other hand, it proves to other teams that we are quite likely to lose it if they wind us up enough. It would mean inferior football teams bring us down to their level, which can only be to our detriment.

We need to be strong, yes. We need to be tough, yes. What we don't need to do is to lose it like on Monday night. Remember we let a two goal lead slip by this lack of focus. We need to continue to play the superb football that we have played for the rest of the season and not get dragged into brawls which will not do us any favours. Any encouragement of this stupidity will not do the team or players any favours - indeed it will likely encourage our less able opponents to see an Achilles heel. Remember how SAF played Kevin Keegan.

Lets draw a line under this and get back to what we do best - play football with style and panache not unbridled, unrestrained, thuggery.

I will then take your word for it as I avoided looking at the thread for some obvious reasons. But I am probably one of the people you would find shameful. I am happy we stuck up for ourselves against a line of bullying and intimidation which had started two weeks prior in Sky Sports via Fabregas' mouth. We are a young side who need to learn, and I am in agreement that we lost out heads for the last 10 minutes amd need to learn, amd learn fast, from this. But I would rather see a side whose fight and desire needs taming than some of the PATHETIC and anaemic staff members we have had in the past. You can be ashamed by this if you like mate, but I will forever be more ashamed by the absolutely spineless, gutless and cowardly 4-0 drubbing we got there under Sherwood when the players confused the words 'fight' and 'fart' in the end failing to muster a whiff of either. We stood up to bullies and nobody, including half out support base, knows what to do becAuse we haven't in the past.

But it isn't an either/or situation. It really isn't just abject surrender or acting like mindless loons. We must not condone the stupidity of Monday night if we want to progress. We need to learn from it and ensure it doesnt happen again. Otherwise, what is to stop others trying the Chelscum tactics? Who will be the beneficiaries then? I would suggest, not us.

On the other hand, it proves to other teams that we are quite likely to lose it if they wind us up enough. It would mean inferior football teams bring us down to their level, which can only be to our detriment.

We need to be strong, yes. We need to be tough, yes. What we don't need to do is to lose it like on Monday night. Remember we let a two goal lead slip by this lack of focus. We need to continue to play the superb football that we have played for the rest of the season and not get dragged into brawls which will not do us any favours. Any encouragement of this stupidity will not do the team or players any favours - indeed it will likely encourage our less able opponents to see an Achilles heel. Remember how SAF played Kevin Keegan.

Lets draw a line under this and get back to what we do best - play football with style and panache not unbridled, unrestrained, thuggery.

That could be the only downside to it. Doubt we will see Soton or Saudi Sportswashing Machine try the theory out.

Could be interesting next season when the likes of Stoke and WBA come to town

I agree with some of what you say for sure, but on the two goal lead not so much (though hard to argue we succumbed to the knuckle-dragfest)...When a referee books three of four defenders for one side yet lets two of the opposition's defenders off for yellow card offences before HT, it changes the game. They brought Hazard on to run at Walker on a yellow. Fair enough. But why weren't Ivanovic and Cahill also in the book? Why did we not also have the chance to attack further a yellow carded FB? Truth is, if Mason puts what was an was an easy chance away, we weather it all. I think we will learn from this and will most certainly be stronger for it.

But it isn't an either/or situation. It really isn't just abject surrender or acting like mindless loons. We must not condone the stupidity of Monday night if we want to progress. We need to learn from it and ensure it doesnt happen again. Otherwise, what is to stop others trying the Chelscum tactics? Who will be the beneficiaries then? I would suggest, not us.

I think you are choosing to miss the point. Only a fool would say we should behave like that again. What I, and others, are saying is that it was importsnt to fight at that moment, and that we must learn (like Ferguson's United) to do so with a much greater degree of professionalism. Leicester, in this regard, were excellent, and that is doubtless because of their championship experience plus Huth and Morgan both being wily old pros coached by an experienced manager. We are young and we are learning. I think that has been made very, very clear TBH, and if you choose not to recognize that, then what can be said?

Unrestrained thuggery is exactly the sort of overdramatisation I have referred to. When in your life have you ever seen Spurs kick another team of the pitch? Let's not start being revisionists here and making out like Chelsea didn't play their part or that we do this sort of thing frequently. Its an isolated incident, nothing more.

And actually, all this stuff about us losing focus lost us the 2 goal lead is incorrect. The game changed when at half time they brought on Eden Hazard who played in a manner that showed why he is in the top band of players in the world. He made the difference on the night and we couldn't cope with his pace or movement. He showed why he was player of the year last year and if he wants to move to Madrid then more performances like that on a consistent basis will do him no harm at all. It pains me to say it but he was absolutely world class in that second half.

I don't think we did anything but show ourselves up and by sinking down to the level of our opponents on Monday night!
There is little that makes me anything but ashamed of our petulant display in the latter part of that game.

Bollox, their celebration after the 2nd goal especially in front of us was a fudging disgrace. That cun t fabregas deserved a good kicking in particular. If anything the reaction of that whole club at stopping us was embarrassing. Winning trophies means nothing if you can't show sportsmanship no matter who you're playing. They'd have thrown the last game against their beloved Leicester if it had ever come down to it! COYS

Bollox, their celebration after the 2nd goal especially in front of us was a fudgeing disgrace. That cun t fabregas deserved a good kicking in particular. If anything the reaction of that whole club at stopping us was embarrassing. Winning trophies means nothing if you can't show sportsmanship no matter who you're playing. They'd have thrown the last game against their beloved Leicester if it had ever come down to it! COYS

Some of their fans paid us the ultimate compliment in my eyes.
Apparantly, Monday night was up there with winning the CL.

So.. drawing at home with Tottenham was a bigger highlight than winning the Europa League ,several FA Cups and toppling Barcelona on the way to the CL final.

Praise indeed. We have come a long way in 4 years and boy have you tumbled further

Bollox, their celebration after the 2nd goal especially in front of us was a fudgeing disgrace. That cun t fabregas deserved a good kicking in particular. If anything the reaction of that whole club at stopping us was embarrassing. Winning trophies means nothing if you can't show sportsmanship no matter who you're playing. They'd have thrown the last game against their beloved Leicester if it had ever come down to it! COYS

Celebrating is not against the rules - scratching like a big girly and two footed 'tackles', if that what you call them are. We lost the plot and two points there are no upsides for us to that performance especially in the last 20 min!

2-0 up and we took our eye off the prize!

Celebrating is not against the rules - scratching like a big girly and two footed 'tackles', if that what you call them are. We lost the plot and two points there are no upsides for us to that performance especially in the last 20 min!

2-0 up and we took our eye off the prize!
Certain types of celebrations are against the rules if they incite fans. And taking your shirt off to celebrate gets a yellow card.

Unrestrained thuggery is exactly the sort of overdramatisation I have referred to. When in your life have you ever seen Spurs kick another team of the pitch? Let's not start being revisionists here and making out like Chelsea didn't play their part or that we do this sort of thing frequently. Its an isolated incident, nothing more.

And actually, all this stuff about us losing focus lost us the 2 goal lead is incorrect. The game changed when at half time they brought on Eden Hazard who played in a manner that showed why he is in the top band of players in the world. He made the difference on the night and we couldn't cope with his pace or movement. He showed why he was player of the year last year and if he wants to move to Madrid then more performances like that on a consistent basis will do him no harm at all. It pains me to say it but he was absolutely world class in that second half.

Unrestrained thuggery it certainly was. We were totally reckless. 9 players booked. Several deserving red. One (if not two) facing lengthy bans. What exactly do you call it? We tried ( unsuccessfully ) to kick them off the park. It was reminiscent of Gazza in the Cup final - totally manic behavior.

And all for what? We let a two goal lead slip. We have several players out with either lengthy bans and/ or injuries and our title bid is over. I hope I never see the like again. Controlled aggression is fine but that was sheer stupidity.

Where I agree with you is that Hazard made the difference. He tried to play football and let his skill do the talking. That is what we need to do in future, not get needlessly involved in mind games that play right into the opposition hands. It is a sad day for me to see so many Spurs fans condoning such futile and immature behavior.

I think this is where frustration boiled over. Ivanovic should've been on a yellow, ditto Terry, which evens up the score in the sense that each side has an FB/CB on a card who can thus not afford to be physical. I think we'd have absolutely seen Ivanovic off otherwise...

Back