• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea

And minus the intent to end the career of other players.
Dier tried to end Fabregas' career but didn't get it right, he even hurt himself a bit.

Also (not directed at you) on replay you can see that Walker only got Pedro with a thigh and Rose glanced Willian with a thigh... Strange to make a violent action and get a booking (in danger of a red card in fact) for challenges that don't actually hurt. Those two would have gone down for hours under a Keane challenge

No word on any bans on any of our players yet either, hopefully it'll remain quiet. Any word on Toby's injury? Would hate to lose him for the last two games.
I expect we'll hear later today. The charges against Fellani and Huth after Sunday's game were announced yesterday.

Re Toby, apparently Poch has said it doesn't look serious and he should be OK.
Fingers crossed.

I can't believe the support on here given to our players both during and after the game to encourage their reckless and relentless fouling. It is one thing to stand up for yourself it is quite another to go about a game as a war. We couldn't complain if about half our team would have been sent off. It was sheer stupidity on our part - not bravery, not toughness, not spirit - they were overhyped from the start and fell right into Chelscums mind game trap.

At two up, we needed cool heads and game management. The continuos fouling gave them plenty of free kicks and dead ball situations to threaten our goal. The momentum changed and just like against Arsenal (and against 10 men that time) we conceded after the 80th minute and we're hanging on at the end.

As Carragher said after the game, following Hazards goal we had effectively 13 minutes or so left. However in that time, we didn't manage a single effort on goal and rarely even got in there half - while in the same period had four players booked.

We must learn from this and come back stronger ( not dirtier ) next season.

I can't believe the support on here given to our players both during and after the game to encourage their reckless and relentless fouling. It is one thing to stand up for yourself it is quite another to go about a game as a war. We couldn't complain if about half our team would have been sent off. It was sheer stupidity on our part - not bravery, not toughness, not spirit - they were overhyped from the start and fell right into Chelscums mind game trap.

At two up, we needed cool heads and game management. The continuos fouling gave them plenty of free kicks and dead ball situations to threaten our goal. The momentum changed and just like against Arsenal (and against 10 men that time) we conceded after the 80th minute and we're hanging on at the end.

As Carragher said after the game, following Hazards goal we had effectively 13 minutes or so left. However in that time, we didn't manage a single effort on goal and rarely even got in there half - while in the same period had four players booked.

You have a point but I think what was so encouraging was that we didn't just roll over. Think the 5-3 to United in 2001 or the 5-2 v United under Harry at Old Trafford. Think some of the complete thrashings we got under AVB/Sherwood. Think the entire 1990s. We just rolled over for teams when they got the better of us. As someone else pointed out, we also just accepted Balotelli stamping on Parker a few years back.

At least on Monday the players looked like they gave a crap. Yes they were a bit naive and went a bit OTT but at least they were backing each other up and not bending over for Chelsea. Look at Dier's interview afterwards - that was a man who was hurting.

Monday wasn't ideal and it wasn't the best way to channel anger. We should have been cleverer. But fans often complain about a lack of passion. Nobody can say that was the case on Monday. I find it all the more remarkable because when Poch took over, he inherited a team of misfits and mercenaries. A lot of people on here stopped caring about the team because they had no identity and they weren't likable. This lot have identity and they are a team you can get behind.

I have seen no-one say what you state in your opening sentence. What I have seen is a very willing acceptance of the fact that our squad stood up for themselves last night, that this is part of the learning curve and that next season we will be even better at winning all battles everywhere. The referee failed to handle the game. Y

I'm all for fair play, wining isn't worth anything if you need to cheat. The only two on the field I have any issue with are the ref and dembelle.
It's the refs job to control the game, he failed. He failed big time, as have almost all refs this season.
For reasons totally beyond me as the season has went on they have shown more and more leneincy. Some of the goings on have been shocking. It's getting to stage where you think why bother have a ref, just watch the game after and give out retro bans.

Dembelle was dumb beyond belief and if I was his manager him and alli would be fined.

Walker was a nothing but he was lucky to get away with it.
Lamella, I've not seen replays but the thing that strikes me with that is if someone stamped on a hand with studs there would be more than just the little red mark that schoolboy was running around showing.

The tackles all looked bad in real time during a frantic match. I dont remember one needing treatment. And although they may have been late they were all at ground level where the ball was/had been.
Were they right? No but let's not be distracted from the treatment handed out by Chelsea, which seems to have gone totally unnoticed, and if the ref had dealt with those in the first place none of this would have happened.

We're not blameless, far from it, but let's be objective as well. For years when teams have done this to us the narrative in the press had been "soft Spurs", now it's "Spurs are thugs". Which is it? Or more importantly why is that?
Fear, that's why. This team aren't going away.
The last week has seen stories of Kane, eriksen, Hugo and Jan all saying they are waiting on Poch to commit. Well now he has these players won't be enticed away. The big boys can't come in and plunder this team as I days of old so there no scoops, no big stories on the back pages, no sucking up to SAF or Jose.
They fear us long term, this the most stable and progressive club in the country, but we're not glamorous enough. Not yet, but we will be.

I absolutely loved it.

Let me explain before you jump all over me.

For years we've been known as 'Soft' Spurs. Weak underbelly, lie down when it really matters, give up easily etc etc. That's gone now. OK so the youthfulness of our squad meant things went a little over the top and maybe we did blow our very very slim chance of winning the title, but it pleases me so much more to see us go down like that than to just let it away from us without a fight which would have happened in previous years.

They are young and will learn, but the aggression and togetherness we seen against Chelsea is something we absolutely have to embrace, not run away from.

We went too far. But I enjoyed it personally. They f*cking deserved it. And this bullsh*t saying we are a dirty team... Just rubbish. We are anything but, we have learned to not be p*ssies. I think for the most part we're all behind the players and manager.

Would have loved to have won, but it was fun watching us kick the crap out of them. Why? Because there's no club who deserve it more

I absolutely loved it.

Let me explain before you jump all over me.

For years we've been known as 'Soft' Spurs. Weak underbelly, lie down when it really matters, give up easily etc etc. That's gone now. OK so the youthfulness of our squad meant things went a little over the top and maybe we did blow our very very slim chance of winning the title, but it pleases me so much more to see us go down like that than to just let it away from us without a fight which would have happened in previous years.

They are young and will learn, but the aggression and togetherness we seen against Chelsea is something we absolutely have to embrace, not run away from.

You know at the time watching it I was getting frustrated, tbh at HT at 2-0 even then I had a feeling we couldnt hold on, thats why I was constantly posting how many minutes were left, you could just sense our minds werent focused.
But after the whistle I was like you, I actually looked back and thought, okay it cost us the chance to end the hoodoo, but you know what, finally we sent a message to other teams, 'Dont f#ck with this Spurs team'

Even Roy Keane might have been a bit proud of us that night

We went too far. But I enjoyed it personally. They f*cking deserved it. And this bullsh*t saying we are a dirty team... Just rubbish. We are anything but, we have learned to not be p*ssies. I think for the most part we're all behind the players and manager.

Would have loved to have won, but it was fun watching us kick the crap out of them. Why? Because there's no club who deserve it more

Indeed.

I think we can safely say, if they werent going to be already, both fixtures will be sell-outs next season and the FA will need to choose their officials very, very carefully

^^ Agree with the above posts. I did say it earlier that I wouldn't want this to become the norm for us by any means, but on Monday night, given the opponents, the build-up, the fact that after Leicester's game against Utd the chances of them mucking up the title were between slim and none, I felt quite pleased, even proud, of the treatment we meted out.
Next year, we go there to win. They will know we mean business.

Thought I was the only one... :oops: Seeing Fabregas being a biatch was worth the entrance fee alone. Of course, I fear more than a financial penalty but opponents AND refs might react differently to us season.

You have a point but I think what was so encouraging was that we didn't just roll over. Think the 5-3 to United in 2001 or the 5-2 v United under Harry at Old Trafford. Think some of the complete thrashings we got under AVB/Sherwood. Think the entire 1990s. We just rolled over for teams when they got the better of us. As someone else pointed out, we also just accepted Balotelli stamping on Parker a few years back.

At least on Monday the players looked like they gave a crap. Yes they were a bit naive and went a bit OTT but at least they were backing each other up and not bending over for Chelsea. Look at Dier's interview afterwards - that was a man who was hurting.

Monday wasn't ideal and it wasn't the best way to channel anger. We should have been cleverer. But fans often complain about a lack of passion. Nobody can say that was the case on Monday. I find it all the more remarkable because when Poch took over, he inherited a team of misfits and mercenaries. A lot of people on here stopped caring about the team because they had no identity and they weren't likable. This lot have identity and they are a team you can get behind.

I find it very amusing that in the space of 90 minutes we went in everyone's estimations 'Nice, soft, easy ol' Tottenham' to the dirtiest team in the league.

It was crazy looking at my Facebook feed after the game seeing everyone lament us for being overly aggressive and underhanded.

People are getting caught up in the hyperbole that the media are creating here. First off, We are not getting punished points wise. We have had only one case of failing to control in the last 3 seasons which was against West Brom in December and that normally amounts to a £25,000 fine. We have three counts and because of the seriousness of them we will probably be fined about £40,000 per charge so an overall £120,000 which is absolutely nothing.

Mousa Dembele will get banned for the standard 3 plus probably 2, maybe 3 on top as I said earlier on in this thread or his own one on Monday night after the game. The FA have to do it because the incident is so out of sync with what we normally see that they have to look as though they take more serious breaches to task. We can only hope that the first 2-3 fixtures of next season are not too taxing and that we have signed someone in CM that leaves us feeling as though we aren't seeing a massive drop in quality. Totally out of character and not nice to see, don't want to see him do it again but it is case closed for me. All this slating the guy from certain posters, its a disgrace etc........you are as bad as the tabloids and media outlets that are giving this oxygen. He did something wrong, will be punished for it by both club and FA, he doesn't have history and isn't likely to offend in the same manner again.

I can live with the charges by the FA and in fact, I welcome them. Monday night despite its frustrations has shown that this team is not got being to be mugged off or bullied. Fabregas was a target from minute one where Dier clattered him from the kick off and rightly so. His oily smugness on MNF during the Stoke game should have been dealt with and unlike 2-3 other vocal Chelsea players, you could tell he was almost itching to say that if he had to then he would deliberately aid Leicester in that game if it came down to it. That game was a throwback to a bygone era and I cherish that from time to time, the game has become so sanitized and sterile in the physical aspects and Tottenham have been notoriously soft over the years so watching the likes of Dier clearly look to punish the scumbag behaviour of Fabregas at the game, it was great and as for his last one, I only wish he could have connected slightly higher and harder and left Fabregas looking at a lengthy period on the side lines to think over his knobbish ways.

No one wants this to be standard procedure for us and I don't believe it ever would but given what was at stake, the niggly nature of the team we were playing and all their comments plus the fact it was a London derby, I can excuse it as a one off and enjoy what was just a full blooded match and a match where we have shown to anyone that was bright enough to take notice, that we actually wont be physically bullied again, not happening.

COYS!!!!!!!

Indeed.

I think we can safely say, if they werent going to be already, both fixtures will be sell-outs next season and the FA will need to choose their officials very, very carefully

Can't wait for either of them and will definitely go to both. Go after Fabregas again right from the first minute. I would make that my job every fixture against them going forward until he left, the little brick.

People are getting caught up in the hyperbole that the media are creating here. First off, We are not getting punished points wise. We have had only one case of failing to control in the last 3 seasons which was against West Brom in December and that normally amounts to a £25,000 fine. We have three counts and because of the seriousness of them we will probably be fined about £40,000 per charge so an overall £120,000 which is absolutely nothing.

Mousa Dembele will get banned for the standard 3 plus probably 2, maybe 3 on top as I said earlier on in this thread or his own one on Monday night after the game. The FA have to do it because the incident is so out of sync with what we normally see that they have to look as though they take more serious breaches to task. We can only hope that the first 2-3 fixtures of next season are not too taxing and that we have signed someone in CM that leaves us feeling as though we aren't seeing a massive drop in quality. Totally out of character and not nice to see, don't want to see him do it again but it is case closed for me. All this slating the guy from certain posters, its a disgrace etc........you are as bad as the tabloids and media outlets that are giving this oxygen. He did something wrong, will be punished for it by both club and FA, he doesn't have history and isn't likely to offend in the same manner again.

I can live with the charges by the FA and in fact, I welcome them. Monday night despite its frustrations has shown that this team is not got being to be mugged off or bullied. Fabregas was a target from minute one where Dier clattered him from the kick off and rightly so. His oily smugness on MNF during the Stoke game should have been dealt with and unlike 2-3 other vocal Chelsea players, you could tell he was almost itching to say that if he had to then he would deliberately aid Leicester in that game if it came down to it. That game was a throwback to a bygone era and I cherish that from time to time, the game has become so sanitized and sterile in the physical aspects and Tottenham have been notoriously soft over the years so watching the likes of Dier clearly look to punish the scumbag behaviour of Fabregas at the game, it was great and as for his last one, I only wish he could have connected slightly higher and harder and left Fabregas looking at a lengthy period on the side lines to think over his knobbish ways.

No one wants this to be standard procedure for us and I don't believe it ever would but given what was at stake, the niggly nature of the team we were playing and all their comments plus the fact it was a London derby, I can excuse it as a one off and enjoy what was just a full blooded match and a match where we have shown to anyone that was bright enough to take notice, that we actually wont be physically bullied again, not happening.

COYS!!!!!!!

Great post.

My wife works at a school, all the kids know she is a Spurs fan and goes to the games. A lot of them came up to her yesterday and told her it was one of the best matches they have watched and loved see our team kick nine bells out of Chelsea.

Last edited:
Can't wait for either of them and will definitely go to both. Go after Fabregas again right from the first minute. I would make that my job every fixture against them going forward until he left, the little brick.

I think we can also 100% guarantee they will NOT be Saturday 3pm kick-offs, those two are getting televised

Great post.

My wife works at a school, all the kids know she is a Spurs fan and goes to the games. They a lot of them came up to her yesterday and told her it once one of the best matches they have watched and loved see our team kick nine bells out of Chelsea.

Good. I'm quite sick of hearing from Chelsea apologists as if they are a saintly little team that didn't contribute to anything at all and have no history of such behaviour. Punish them at every turn I say.

I think we can also 100% guarantee they will NOT be Saturday 3pm kick-offs, those two are getting televised

Hopefully the home one being an 8pm Monday kick off that isn't a bank holiday just to reduce the tension slightly but smashing the gary out of them under the lights will do for me. Utter scum from fans to boardroom.

Back