• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa

I expect I'm with the majority here in expecting nothing short of a convincing win tomorrow ...cue Villa pulling the sort of performance out of their claret-and-blue arses that will have the pundits all intoning, "If they play like this for the rest of the season, they've still got a chance."

I definitely dont see this being a stroll on the park. On the contrary, I think this will be a battle but should win in the end, but only by the odd-goal in the final 20mins..we dont do easy.
These next 9 games are not going to be good for the heart and blood pressure

We need to take Villa seriously but do you really think we need our one dedicated DM to be risked for this game?
We need to take Villa seriously but do you really think we need our one dedicated DM to be risked for this game?
I didn't say we did, but the mindset is in danger of being semi serious when we are saying we can afford to rest so and so because it's only villa. Villa have been awful don't get me wrong, but never write any one off until you've beaten them

If Dier got a yellow on Sun, he's miss Bournemouth and Liverpool
If he gets a yellow v Bournemouth, he'd miss Utd and Liverpool

I think we need Dier for both Utd and Liverpool so would rest him for the next two

Ah, I didn't realise that about Dier's yellow cards. It's a tricky one then.

I think I'd still risk starting him.

*edit* and the reason I'd risk him is because he is part of our strongest lineup, and we need a bit of momentum again in the league. IMO, we should pick our best possible team v Villa to help secure the result, ditto Bournemouth.

I can understand the case for Dier being saved though.

Last edited:
A draw vs. Dortmund would be useful for the UEFA rankings. Give us a point that might make all the difference in getting into Pot Two should(note the humility) we make CL next year. A win would bring two points.

So, keeping some strong options available for AV game is important. If we start the game well and get a decent lead, then rest key players with a view to playing them early on Thursday.

I didn't say we did, but the mindset is in danger of being semi serious when we are saying we can afford to rest so and so because it's only villa. Villa have been awful don't get me wrong, but never write any one off until you've beaten them

The only person NOT needed against Villa is a DM. The only reason we won't win is if we don't score at least a couple of goals. We therefore need to focus on attack not defense for this one. They are likely to sit back and pack the defense, which is often a tactic we have difficulty with.

If Dier got a yellow on Sun, he's miss Bournemouth and Liverpool
If he gets a yellow v Bournemouth, he'd miss Utd and Liverpool

I think we need Dier for both Utd and Liverpool so would rest him for the next two
Or maybe Dier should avoid getting booked??

A draw vs. Dortmund would be useful for the UEFA rankings. Give us a point that might make all the difference in getting into Pot Two should(note the humility) we make CL next year. A win would bring two points.

So, keeping some strong options available for AV game is important. If we start the game well and get a decent lead, then rest key players with a view to playing them early on Thursday.

I'm hoping Dortmund will field a weakened team in the return leg as they consider the job done, so although we aren't likely to field a strong team ourselves I'm hoping we get something out of the tie. As for Villa get the 3 points, if that means our best fit eleven to make sure; so be it.

Except Villa.

They are beyond dreadful
I'm feeling so uneasy about this over confidence even though I know villa have been shocking. This is still a team who drew with Leicester just a few weeks ago, drew with Emirates Marketing Project, almost made us nervous at 2-1 in our home game. They were shocking but for a few minutes they made us a little nervy.

We just cannot view this as a forgone conclusion.
Sorry lads I'm just too much of a spurs fan. A lifetime of this has ensured I'll never see anything as a sure thing.

I'm feeling so uneasy about this over confidence even though I know villa have been shocking. This is still a team who drew with Leicester just a few weeks ago, drew with Emirates Marketing Project, almost made us nervous at 2-1 in our home game. They were shocking but for a few minutes they made us a little nervy.

Sorry lads I'm just too much of a spurs fan. A lifetime of this has ensured I'll never see anything as a sure thing.
Agree. At some point Villa players are going to decide they need to play to save face if nothing else. We absolutely must not go into this game thinking it is a walkover. Remember Poch supposedly giving the team a b*llocking at half time against Swansea for not giving them enough respect. The team should not be making that mistake again. There are enough opportunities to slip up awaiting us, let's not make Villa one of them by taking the result for granted.

I agree and so does Poch it seems. We need to focus and do the job. I would love goal difference boost, but win first and foremost.

He's got 9 bookings in 29 league games so reasonable chance that he'll get booked either against Villa or Bouremouth

He got 5 bookings in the first 8 games of the season though.
Then he got his 1 match ban.
Since then its been 4 bookings in 20 league games. He had a run of 8 without a booking right after his ban.
He can go surely 3 games with a booking and avoid this perhaps.

Another manager might have targeted the Villa and Bournemouth games as ones to actively get him banned for meaning he would be at no risk for the games coming up.

Isn't Lamela also on 9 yellows?

He's on 7 in the league. The other 2 were from the Europa.

Back