• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa

The team line-up will be VERY interesting in this match.

the more i think about the Dortmund line-up the more i think Poch would possibly have had word from above to "ditch the EL and concentrate on the league."

And fair enough really; i mean if we fans get jitters and speak about how we always "Spurs things up" can you imagine what they feel, given what they've seen over the last ten years and how things could have been so different financially?!?!

I think we'll see a strong initial line-up, then subs if we have a 2 goal lead or more with 25 mins to go:

Lloris

Walker, Alderwiereld, Wimmer, Davies

Dembele, Alli

Lamela, Mason, Chadli

Kane​

I think he might rest Dier for the Dortmud second leg and then give him another rest (if possible) vs Bouremouth. I also think Rose and Eriksen will get a rest as well.

Mauricio Pochettino has suggested Eric Dier could miss the match against Aston Villa through injury. #THFC @HotspurRelated
Nothing serious I hope, but if there was one match to miss this is probably the one. Dembele and Bentaleb/Mason should be good enough.

On 9 yellow cards, and the amnesty date for the mandatory 2-match suspension for 10 bookings passes Sunday, no?

We should drop Eriksen for this game. Hes played every game and he has been poor for the most part. Id bring in Chadli or Son.

A couple of weeks old, but:

eriksen.jpg

I think he should wrap Dier in cotton wool and do whatever he needs to so as Eric is available for the likes of Dippers and Manure...

Wouldn't mind that at all.

If we're ready to give up on the EL as a 3-0 loss away seems almost impossible to overcome this could be a slight chance for an extended rest for some of our players if we leave them out against Villa and on Thursday.

Mauricio Pochettino has suggested Eric Dier could miss the match against Aston Villa through injury. #THFC @HotspurRelated

If there is one game all season that Dier isn't needed for it is Aston Villa. He should be rested for this one and the Dortmund home game at the very least. Maybe also Bournemouth too. He will be needed against more formidable opponents. The lack of a real alternative for him is coming home to roost.

Just so wary of this we will just roll villa over thing. Of course we should. But up until we score they will still resemble a PL team and strange things happen. I fully expect if we get a second the wheels would come off, but we cannot assume anything here.
They were 0-0 at half time v city. So important not to panic as well

Just so wary of this we will just roll villa over thing. Of course we should. But up until we score they will still resemble a PL team and strange things happen. I fully expect if we get a second the wheels would come off, but we cannot assume anything here.
They were 0-0 at half time v city. So important not to panic as well

We need to take Villa seriously but do you really think we need our one dedicated DM to be risked for this game?

We should drop Eriksen for this game. Hes played every game and he has been poor for the most part. Id bring in Chadli or Son.

i agree that eriksen has been sub-par, however i'd rather him start - with a kick up the backside. chadli/son to come in as impact subs.

Agree with earlier comments - give Dier a break til the Liverpool game

Expect Poch though to start with a strong 11 for Dortmund, but then take players like Kane off after 60 mins if we're drawing or losing

I really dont get the drop Eriksen calls.
He has become far more mobile and has been excellent bringing the ball forward. His dead ball game has suffered a little, but I would only drop him IF he needs a rest or what ever.
He is a top player.

Agree with earlier comments - give Dier a break til the Liverpool game

Expect Poch though to start with a strong 11 for Dortmund, but then take players like Kane off after 60 mins if we're drawing or losing

If we are drawing on Thursday Ill buy a Liverpool shirt.

I expect I'm with the majority here in expecting nothing short of a convincing win tomorrow ...cue Villa pulling the sort of performance out of their claret-and-blue arses that will have the pundits all intoning, "If they play like this for the rest of the season, they've still got a chance."

I expect I'm with the majority here in expecting nothing short of a convincing win tomorrow ...cue Villa pulling the sort of performance out of their claret-and-blue arses that will have the pundits all intoning, "If they play like this for the rest of the season, they've still got a chance."

It's why Sods law is one of the fastest growing religions

If villa do get a result after Thursday's debacle and what happened last week I think this place will have a meltdown of RAWK proportions.I might steer clear for at least a few...um.. hours.

Back