• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa

Usually I feel ambivalent about when we score, but tomorrow, I really hope we can get an early goal as it will establish what would surely be the routine victory some are predicting...but we need to hit the ground running hard tomm. No mercy.

Usually I feel ambivalent about when we score, but tomorrow, I really hope we can get an early goal as it will establish what would surely be the routine victory some are predicting...but we need to hit the ground running hard tomm. No mercy.

Not sure i could cope with GG if they score first. It could herald the return of Shaney. Yep a nice early goal so we can all carry on hugging!!.

I'm feeling so uneasy about this over confidence even though I know villa have been shocking. This is still a team who drew with Leicester just a few weeks ago, drew with Emirates Marketing Project, almost made us nervous at 2-1 in our home game. They were shocking but for a few minutes they made us a little nervy.

We just cannot view this as a forgone conclusion.
Sorry lads I'm just too much of a spurs fan. A lifetime of this has ensured I'll never see anything as a sure thing.

Good post and probably how a lot of us feel this morning. Years and years of following Spurs still cant help shake that pessimistic feeling inside us surfacing on match day.

Yes, in reality, on current form, looking at the league table, this should be a routine away win. Until this season, we have rarely done 'routine', that has changed this season, slightly, but as with most teams, we still have a 'Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home' performance inside us. The recent six wins on the bounce gave us a massive confidence boost, but the last 3 matches have set our mindset back a little.

I feel another heart-pumping, roller-coaster ride this afternoon

I feel more nervous it not being on TV.

At least if I'm watching I can rationalise everything

I even hate watching it on TV, and would have much rather have been there. I know I will be even more p#ssed off when I see 1000's of empty seats in the Villa end

Good post and probably how a lot of us feel this morning. Years and years of following Spurs still cant help shake that pessimistic feeling inside us surfacing on match day.

Yes, in reality, on current form, looking at the league table, this should be a routine away win. Until this season, we have rarely done 'routine', that has changed this season, slightly, but as with most teams, we still have a 'Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home' performance inside us. The recent six wins on the bounce gave us a massive confidence boost, but the last 3 matches have set our mindset back a little.

I feel another heart-pumping, roller-coaster ride this afternoon

Don't get me wrong, I am confident we can and should win as we are much the better team, but I hate reading that we should rest x y and z because its just Villa.

Don't get me wrong, I am confident we can and should win as we are much the better team, but I hate reading that we should rest x y and z because its just Villa.

agreed, there is one thing for certain, Villa will put in their best performance of the season today, teams are always (annoyingly) up for it against us

Can't see any reason to rest anyone when the perfect opportunity to do that is Thursday.

I am a bit concerned at the amount of football eriksen has played of late but again his rest can come on Thursday.

After throwing away the EL to concentrate on the league, Pochettino has no excuse not to win this match. In fact, we have to win all our remaining 9 league matches to have any chance of winning the league. Until last season, we had excellent record against Villa, winning 6 consecutive matches against them in all competitions. But disappointingly, we lost to them at home last season and that cost us the 4th place. So, we cannot let them affect our league title race this season instead. We did well to beat them at home earlier in the season. So, there is no reason why we cannot beat them in this match.

Without any doubt, Kane will be our key player in this match. If we want to win this match, he will needs to score for us ! Afterall, he has scored 2 goals in 3 matches against Villa. In fact, his run of good form for us started against Villa last season when he came from the bench to score the winner in the injury time. Since then he has gone from a fringe player to become our key player. Hope he will become our match winner at Villa again ! Too bad we don't have any other regular goal scorers. Players like Eriksen, Chadli, Son and Lamela really should have scored more league goals this season. But surely, Lamela needs to start this match after not playing much against Dortmund. Pochettino should have realized by now how much important Lamela is to us after the way we almost lost to Arsenal after Lamela was replaced. Lamela seemed fired up when he came on late against Dortmund. Hope he can inspire us to a win here.

It seems a bit complicated in our midfield now due to injuries and yellow cards. Too bad Alli and Dembele seems to be struggling with some injury problems. But hope they are both fit to start this match. Dier seems to be 1 yellow card away from 2 match suspensions. It is really a problem we could do without at this important stage of the season. Some of the yellow cards that Dier picked earlier could have been avoided. He really should be learning how to avoid getting silly yellow cards.

Can't help but a bit worried for our defence. Lloris, Alderweireld and Wimmer have conceded 5 goals in our last 2 matches, including the 3 goals against Dortmund. We could have conceded even more in those 2 matches. We have never conceded more than 2 goals in any other match this season. Not sure how much it will affect our defence mentally. Alderweireld and Wimmer have done well together so far after Vertonghen was injured. But they needs to be more alert in all the matches, especially Wimmer. Will be very disappointed if we don't keep a clean sheet against Villa. Hope we will stop being very generous to struggling teams and players for once !

We are now winless in 3 matches in all competitions. So, we badly need to win this match to get back to winning ways. We need to go on a long winning run to stay in the title race. Hope we will do just that by beating Villa in this match.

Any latest team-news yet ?

We need to turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Villa. We need to show them due respect even if they are bottom of the league. I think we need an early goal to help us settle down more easily. This is a must-win match, so anything other than a win will be unacceptable ! Hope we will get the all-important win to put pressure on Leicester in the title race !

From the Villa forums:

I would absolutely hate it if Spurs won the league. I'd much rather it were Leicester or Arsenal.

Good grief...

I'm also not over confident about this game. I haven't watched Villa all season, but they need to fight for their lives, and they know that we've gone three games without a win now. I'm not sure what to expect, to be honest. Is there anything going right for Villa at the moment? Anyone important back from injury? New someone or other doing well? An upturn in results or performances over the past few games? I have no clue. I look at the league table and see they are rock bottom, and we should definitely beat them - but you can bet their goalkeeper is going to put in one hell of a performance, and probably inspire the other lads on the team as well. Will get scrappy potentially.

We should have the quality to edge this though.

To be fair, just scrolled through a few more and the majority are predicting 3-0 or 4-0. Plus it sounds like another 'Out of the door on 74' walkout is planned.

By the way, Tottenham Hostpsur in the OMT heading. Is this asking for trouble?

To be fair, just scrolled through a few more and the majority are predicting 3-0 or 4-0. Plus it sounds like another 'Out of the door on 74' walkout is planned.

By the way, Tottenham Hostpsur in the OMT heading. Is this asking for trouble?

There's nothing about this thread that isn't asking for trouble.

After throwing away the EL to concentrate on the league, Pochettino has no excuse not to win this match. In fact, we have to win all our remaining 9 league matches to have any chance of winning the league. Until last season, we had excellent record against Villa, winning 6 consecutive matches against them in all competitions. But disappointingly, we lost to them at home last season and that cost us the 4th place. So, we cannot let them affect our league title race this season instead. We did well to beat them at home earlier in the season. So, there is no reason why we cannot beat them in this match.

Without any doubt, Kane will be our key player in this match. If we want to win this match, he will needs to score for us ! Afterall, he has scored 2 goals in 3 matches against Villa. In fact, his run of good form for us started against Villa last season when he came from the bench to score the winner in the injury time. Since then he has gone from a fringe player to become our key player. Hope he will become our match winner at Villa again ! Too bad we don't have any other regular goal scorers. Players like Eriksen, Chadli, Son and Lamela really should have scored more league goals this season. But surely, Lamela needs to start this match after not playing much against Dortmund. Pochettino should have realized by now how much important Lamela is to us after the way we almost lost to Arsenal after Lamela was replaced. Lamela seemed fired up when he came on late against Dortmund. Hope he can inspire us to a win here.

It seems a bit complicated in our midfield now due to injuries and yellow cards. Too bad Alli and Dembele seems to be struggling with some injury problems. But hope they are both fit to start this match. Dier seems to be 1 yellow card away from 2 match suspensions. It is really a problem we could do without at this important stage of the season. Some of the yellow cards that Dier picked earlier could have been avoided. He really should be learning how to avoid getting silly yellow cards.

Can't help but a bit worried for our defence. Lloris, Alderweireld and Wimmer have conceded 5 goals in our last 2 matches, including the 3 goals against Dortmund. We could have conceded even more in those 2 matches. We have never conceded more than 2 goals in any other match this season. Not sure how much it will affect our defence mentally. Alderweireld and Wimmer have done well together so far after Vertonghen was injured. But they needs to be more alert in all the matches, especially Wimmer. Will be very disappointed if we don't keep a clean sheet against Villa. Hope we will stop being very generous to struggling teams and players for once !

We are now winless in 3 matches in all competitions. So, we badly need to win this match to get back to winning ways. We need to go on a long winning run to stay in the title race. Hope we will do just that by beating Villa in this match.

How do you come to that conclusion ;)

Back