• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton, Sun 5th Oct 2014 ***

-----------------------------------Lloris----------------------------

Naughton-----------------Kaboul-------vertonghen-------------rose

-----------------------------Capoue------Dembele------------------

--------------------------------------mason--------------------------

----------Lamela--------------------------------------------Chadli-----

---------------------------------------ade-------------------------------

I think we'll win by at least 2 if we go 4-3-3 against them. I also think Kane deserves a start but I would start him on the left in that formation and Chadli deserves to start.

This is a big game for Poch, any player that plays today and doesn't show full commitment needs to **** off out of my club.

After reading some rumblings of senior players not being happy with tactics, it's the players this time that will lose my support.

I'm still hopeful things will come together today and we'll get a much needed victory.

Eh? Where did you read this??

I think as well as Schneiderlin, we need to be worried about Sadio Mane, their new LWF from Austria (who some ITK were claiming was coming to us over Soton; no doubt to get Soton to up their price/wages etc).

Apparently he has started well and I fear this could be the (usual) stage to announce himself to the L more widely...

I hope Poch has some pace at the back their as well as Midfield support (hoping Capoue doesn't prove the weak link in that respect...)

COYS

I just want to see a stronger more galvanised performance from our midfield. They need to work together better, the newish players in those positions need to perform now, most have bedded in. It was also the area of the team that needed the most work/ had the most uncertainty. While I don't expect them to be finished CL product today, it would be nice to see a midfield unit develop with players looking more assured, passing the ball better and feeling comfortable in their positions.

If Mason plays hopefully he can help to open up a bit more space. Should be a good game if we turn up.

I'm guessing some are either unhappy having to adapt to a plan or they're not the first team regulars they consider themselves as.

If its anything, its pressing the ball so tiring themselves too much. We do need to be selective in the press, or play a higher back line, so the front players are not dead on their feet by 70 mins and can score goals!

A reply from a true legend is a nice way to start the day COYS !!

Its a beautiful autumnal morning, cant wait to get to the Lane

1235473_10154677356440475_3744651125520365152_n.jpg

My team for tomorrow would be:

....................Lloris

Dier......Kaboul.....Vertonghen.....Rose

...........Capoue.......Mason

Chadli...........Lamela...........Dembele

....................Kane
Lloris
Naughton Kab Verts Rose
Lennon Mason Dembele Lamela
Chadli Kane

Players who do a good job.

We need to focus on the players capabilities rather than systems. Let's not s@@t ourselves.

The telegraph article is very reassuring. Poch has time, that's the main point. Who gives a flying fudge cake if the journos have a field day should we get beat today! That's a very narrow view. The important thing is that we the supporters and the club stick with it. There's very encouraging signs there. Look that this way. Rose has stepped up his game and that was our big problem, the CB position has been reduced to any 3 of kaboul, berts or fazio. Mids it's between capoue, strambouli, dembele with either Bentaleb or mason as back up. A forward line of Lamella, chadli, ericksen and Kane supporting either Ade or Soldado. That to my mind is progress, the is being sorted from the chaff.
We've only lost 2 games and already relegation is being mentioned, madness!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Last edited:
The telegraph article is very reassuring. Poch has time, that's the main point. Who gives a flying fudge cake if the journos have a field day should we get beat today! That's a very narrow view. The important thing is that we the supporters and the club stick with it. There's very encouraging signs there. Look that this way. Rose has stepped up his game and that was our big problem, the CB position has been reduced to any 3 of kaboul, berts or fazio. Mids it's between capoue, strambouli, dembele with either Bentaleb or mason as back up. A forward line of Lamella, chadli, ericksen and Kane supporting either Ade or Soldado. That to my mind is progress, the is being sorted from the chaff.

Yeah we've far too much quality and we're far too organised to get relegated. It's as if people want to concentrate on the WBA and Liverpool games and ignore the fact that we tonked QPR as though they weren't even there and Sunderland had to become one of the most lucky teams i've ever witnessed not to get tonked in their own back yard too, honestly it was like one of those really annoying games of FIFA where you have 40 shots and only score twice and they scored twice with ONE F**KING SHOT ALL GAME!

Not to mention we won at Upton park with only 10 men for most of the match and also got a well-merited point at the Emirates. Not sure too many teams will be replicating those either this season

______________Lloris______________

Naughton__Kaboul__Vertonghen__Rose

______Mason_________Capoue______

Lamela________Eriksen________Chadli

_____________Adebayor____________

Have the 3 behind Ade inter-changing positions throughout the match, also if the inverted wingers still fails then bring some direct width with Townsend or Lennon or both in their old/original positions with Soldado side Ade.

=D>

______________Lloris______________

Naughton__Kaboul__Vertonghen__Rose

______Mason_________Capoue______

Lamela________Eriksen________Chadli

_____________Adebayor____________

Have the 3 behind Ade inter-changing positions throughout the match, also if the inverted wingers still fails then bring some direct width with Townsend or Lennon or both in their old/original positions with Soldado side Ade.

I'd go for an unchanged side too

If true about our players then they are an absolute disgrace, whichever ones they are.

Why do our players seem to want to refuse to take on any ideas that don't seem to involve letting them do whatever they want?

On another note, why is it said that Poch understands he can't totally replicate the Southampton style with Spurs? If a bottom half side like Southampton can take on those ideas, and also one of the best sides ever like Barca can take on those ideas, what makes our squad so special? Why do we have to be treated differently?

On another note, why is it said that Poch understands he can't totally replicate the Southampton style with Spurs? If a bottom half side like Southampton can take on those ideas, and also one of the best sides ever like Barca can take on those ideas, what makes our squad so special? Why do we have to be treated differently?

Maybe he does not want to exactly replicate what he did at Southampton.

Back