• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton, Sun 5th Oct 2014 ***

Don't think we'll be seeing much of Dembele this season.

I think Dembele will have a run in the first team. Either with Capoue or Mason. He's more allround (attacking and defending) than our other midfielders. Plus I want to see him dribble into the box commit men and get the pass/ shot off. We know he can, just got to work with him to deliver the final ball.

Last edited:
Big day for Poch. He's picked Ade who is clearly out of form. I think it will cost us, and today will be a draw. Hope Poch has got it right and I'm wrong, but draw today and it's been an average start. Lose and then the pressure will mount on him big-time. Our failure to strengthen the attack and defence in the summer continues to haunt us, IMO.

After his (lack of) performance last week how can Ade start the game ahead of Kane or even Soldado ? What message does it send them.

After his (lack of) performance last week how can Ade start the game ahead of Kane or even Soldado ? What message does it send them.

It sends the message that Adebayor has an iron clad contract which states he has to start when fit.

It sends the message that Adebayor has an iron clad contract which states he has to start when fit.

Its such a ludicrous thought.....................even for Spurs ! I refuse to believe, of all the daft things we do, even we would have such a thing. But joking aside, it send a horrible message to the other strikers.

Two strikers on the bench - poch is going for the win.

Townsend and dembele could be game changers if needed.[/QUOTE]

have you seen Dembele and Townsend play? Theres no way either of them are game changers. Someone to ghost past players then stop cant decide what to do with the ball then lose momentum and the other runs with the ball cuts inside and then cant shoot on target or deliver a decent cross or pass.Waste of two places on the bench

Tottenham: Lloris; Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Capoue, Mason; Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela; Adebayor.

Southampton: Forster, Clyne, Fonte, Alderweireld, Bertrand, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Tadić, Mané, Pellè

6 new signings there.........so no longer Poch's team really and it will be interesting to see how they function as a unit.

Two strikers on the bench - poch is going for the win.

Townsend and dembele could be game changers if needed.

have you seen Dembele and Townsend play? Theres no way either of them are game changers. Someone to ghost past players then stop cant decide what to do with the ball then lose momentum and the other runs with the ball cuts inside and then cant shoot on target or deliver a decent cross or pass.Waste of two places on the bench[/QUOTE]
Have you seen how we are about the worst at getting shots on target in the league? Wildcard changes like this can't make us any worse.

I'd like to see Dembele on the right with instructions to dribble into the box.
He could cause a lot of pressure on opposition, which will cause mistakes

Ade- I wonder if Poch thinks he will come good if he shows faith in him.
If do, Poch has got it wrong - Ade needs to be " the knight in shining armor" to perform.

Back