• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton, Sun 5th Oct 2014 ***

:lol: what????

the core of their side has been ripped to shreds. Lambert, Lallana, Shaw, Lovren, Boruc, they are 5 major players from last seasons success. Plus still no Rodriguez. Koeman has had to build a new side with Forster, Bertrand, Gardos, Tadic, Mane, Pelle, Long

Totally agree. I actually laughed out loud when I read that. Cant believe people are already lining up excuses "if" we lose.

I think the front three midfielders will be Chadli, Kane and Lamela. I think Eriksen will either be moved back, to become one of the two, or will be dropped.

ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSES!

We need a win! We have the ability to get a win! Come on spurs cheer us up!

A win changes everything. Be nice to see some smiling faces around the Lane tomorrow. We'll be ok in the long run. Don't get down. We either turn it around or Poch gets to see where we need better options and we sign some players when we can. it's a win win.

The omens can't be worse. A home game after a Europa league game before the international break, with poch playing against the team he left last season. The press have already written the articles. I'm surprised the bookies haven't already paid out on this one.

How many of us truly truly deeply hand on heart believe? If we the die hard fans can't truly believe what then these overpaid pansy that poch picks? I'm not knee jerking I'm not poch hating I'm being realistic I'm not getting my hopes up just so they can be dashed.

Fcuk poch must be absolutely bricking it - every day he has to go in and try and teach these dumb fcuks how to pass the ball and how to press the ball. Must be soul destroying. The hardest living he's had to earn in his life. This job is a poison chalice, the cards are stacked against you the day you walk in and find out the clubs safe is locked and baldini has the key but he and levy are off on some jollie with joe Lewis on his boat somewhere counting the millions he's made selling Lamela and Eriksen and Verts and dier and walker and loris, next summer as we prepare for life in the lower leagues.

Of course that could all be bull**** and we might actually turn up for a home game and play like we are the home team and give the home crowd summat to cheer about :)

COYS

I think the front three midfielders will be Chadli, Kane and Lamela. I think Eriksen will either be moved back, to become one of the two, or will be dropped.

I would be surprised if this was to happen. Eriksen does not have the tools for that role yet from what I can see. We would be overrun with any pairing that included Eriksen at CM IMO.

A trio of Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli looks good on paper and would appear to have a bit of everything, but I feel we are being let down by the point of the attack at the moment among other things. An on form Ade is a real handful but lets be honest, he's not on form and really should be dropped for one of Soldado or Kane. An argument could be made for dropping Eriksen too who has taken his ambivalent pre-season form into the first half a dozen matches. His forward passing is speculative and more likely to cough up possession at the moment than find a teammate. The movement and quick passing glimpsed in pre-season seems to have disappeared for whatever reason and we have reverted to a style reminiscent of AVB's time. Our lack of movement in recent matches makes it so much harder for our trio of AM's to find a pass.

Southampton will not 'park the bus' IMO and so the room is there in behind to use for a willing runner. Soldado has not had a good time of it at Spurs but in glimpses you can still see his class, and in pre-season you can see that his game suits that of Lamela and Eriksen. He's making runs off the shoulder of the defender constantly during the match and no-one seems willing or able to find him with a pass down the side or over the top. It could click if we gave it a chance , I'm sure of it.

Last edited:

No way. He hides far too much to be trusted in this role. That's one thing I wouldn't level at Holtby. He's just a little over hyper

Well it could well be a tough afternoon for us, Poch is clearly in the early days of changing our philosophy and quite frankly the first few games have shown SOME (not all) of our players just can't play within it.

Just as many managers have a shaky start as they get their philosophy up and running, Poch is experiencing the same with us.

Meanwhile, Southampton are continuing their fine form of last season, built by Poch, having been able to retain a core of a team who very much flourished under him, in Clyne, Fonte, Schneiderlin etc. They've bought very well, but it's a lot easier to perform well when the expectations are frankly, zero and you already have a very positive and solid platform to build on.

Our platform was non-existant, inheriting a bland squad built by AVB.

If we do lose tomorrow, which isn't outside the realms of possibility, the media may well have a field day. The media are clowns who love to sensationalise things and our poor start will be totally forgotten about if we happen to win a few games on the bounce at some point. Its the way of the world unfortunately.

You can choose to get caught up in it or choose to ignore it.

I completely agree with you, mate, just think it's going to be one of them "all too easy" days for the journos if we lose this one ...

Lloris - Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose - Capoue, Mason - Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli - Kane
Subs: Vorm, Dier, Fazio, Dembele, Lennon, Townsend, Ade

I would need a lot of convincing to ever include Chiriches, Paulinho or Soldado in our first 18 again.

Hoping we get the win tomorrow, but doubting. 3 pts before the break would be terrific though.

No way. He hides far too much to be trusted in this role. That's one thing I wouldn't level at Holtby. He's just a little over hyper

That's my fear too. But, I just can't see Kane not starting. Look at Mason, his performance as a sub, against Nottingham Forest, earned him a starting role against Arsenal. Kane has achieved more over the course of this season and deserves a starting place.

Adebayor appears to be a guaranteed starter, irrespective of form, so I think Kane will be played just behind him. I struggle to accept that Eriksen will be dropped by Pochettino which is why I leave an open consideration that he could be moved back, even if that might not be the right thing to do.

If Capoue holds defensive fort, Eriksen might get away with defending less. Eriksen then has the ability to make play from his position on the pitch.

Will be interesting to see what Poch does.

I also can't stand the International fixtures breaks. Usually we're left on a low, having just been defeated, and then have to wallow in this low for two weeks.

The England games will be dull, but full of goals, as we're told just how amazing Welbeck is, as he scores a few against San Marino

IMO, this is a must-win match for us and Pochettino. We are without a win in 4 league matches and are just 4 points off the relegation zone. With ManCity coming next, surely we have to win this match to avoid getting sucked into the relegation zone. For Pochettino, this is a personal battle for his pride. Southampton is his former club and they are now 5 points ahead of us in 3rd place. It will reflect poorly on Pochettino if he can't get us beat his former club at our own place. And then there is the so called jinx about us not winning in the league after playing in Europe. We have to overcome this jinx if we want to do well this season.

We badly lacking in goals and clean sheets now. We have to solve this problem fast ! Chadli has done well to score 4 goals so far. Hope he can continue his goal run as the strikers are not doing that. Lamela has done well to assist 6 goals in all competitions but he badly needs to score. Hope Eriksen will find his form soon as he is badly out of form now. His excellent form last season shows he can win games almost single handedly for us.

Not sure how we can improve our defending with our current defenders. All seem to be making too many unforced errors. But it will be really annoying if we don't keep a clean sheet at home against teams like Southampton.

After losing at home to WBA last time, it will be unacceptable to drop points to a small team for the second consecutive match. Anything but a win will be disappointing in this match.

Any official team news yet ?

Apart from Walker, we are virtually at full strength. But disappointingly, we have struggled in almost all the matches so far. Hope we will put up our best performance and get the all-important win.

This is a big game for Poch, any player that plays today and doesn't show full commitment needs to **** off out of my club.

After reading some rumblings of senior players not being happy with tactics, it's the players this time that will lose my support.

I'm still hopeful things will come together today and we'll get a much needed victory.

Back