• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Monaco***

Very, but everything else in Monaco is a literal stone's throw apart. Somehow the stadium manages to not be near anything, yet still only about 5 miles from Hotel de Paris.

They should have a floating stadium that they could dock close to one of the marinas during games and get out of the way when not in use. I see no practical problems with that.

They should have a floating stadium that they could dock close to one of the marinas during games and get out of the way when not in use. I see no practical problems with that.
It could pay for itself by doubling up as a Bond villain's lair in the off season.

Monaco team was totally different to the one we played. More physical with their Polish CB and more athletic.
They played on the break conceding ground against Lille. Early goals in each half meant they were comfortable. Lille were shocking. They had territory but persisted in giving ball away in dangerous situations. Their wide mid players left their FBs exposed.

I am sure they will do the same to us. We must not give ball away so easily and our wide players will have to help FBs, especially Davies.

Their keeper seemed big but let one good shot hit straight at him to go in, so a few efforts, from Eriksen, Kane and hopefully Dembele would be worth trying.

I suspect will be a closer game this time.

The Dembele one is tough, because he's obviously one of our most important players but he'll obviously need to be match fit before we bring him in, especially in a game like this. I wonder if Poch will keep it tight with Wanyama (who has been very good) and bring Mousa on at around 60 min. Mauricio also has a decision to make regarding Son, and as much as I love Erik, I think he gets the nod over Lamela.

Think it'll look something like this:

-----------Lloris-------
Walker-Toby-Jan-Davies
---Wanyama---Dier----
Eriksen---Dele---Son
---------Kane----------

I think we'll win.

The Dembele one is tough, because he's obviously one of our most important players but he'll obviously need to be match fit before we bring him in, especially in a game like this. I wonder if Poch will keep it tight with Wanyama (who has been very good) and bring Mousa on at around 60 min. Mauricio also has a decision to make regarding Son, and as much as I love Erik, I think he gets the nod over Lamela.

-----------Lloris-------
Walker-Toby-Jan-Davies
---Wanyama---Dier----
Eriksen---Dele---Son
---------Kane----------

I think we'll win.
Dembele should be fit. Unless I got it wrong, Dembele played part of the match for Belgium in the international break, didn't he?
I thought he was a bit rusty but he has got some minutes.
I think he will be essential to give us some one who can beat a man and disrupt their system.

Just had a look on the OS at Wembley tickets. The "yellow" colour shows that there is availability in around 25 areas - but some areas have only 1 or 2 available. The most I saw was 8 available. Could mean that - excluding the gaps in the Monaco end - there are only around 100 tickets on currently sale to Spurs fans, so if i'm right, we have nearly sold out...amazing. Ok the prices are very low, but i think that is a good thing, football is generally so expensive, I think the club have got the pricing absolutely right. Starting to get excited!!

I think Son's form and also not forgetting his champions league experience, should get him a starting place. Scorer of five CL goals for Leverkusen?

Just had a look on the OS at Wembley tickets. The "yellow" colour shows that there is availability in around 25 areas - but some areas have only 1 or 2 available. The most I saw was 8 available. Could mean that - excluding the gaps in the Monaco end - there are only around 100 tickets on currently sale to Spurs fans, so if i'm right, we have nearly sold out...amazing. Ok the prices are very low, but i think that is a good thing, football is generally so expensive, I think the club have got the pricing absolutely right. Starting to get excited!!
Looks like a batch went on sale on Monday afternoon but only a few dozen left tonight, maybe there will be another tranche of tickets released on Tuesday...

Last edited:
I think it will be very interesting to see what team Poch goes for.. I assume Lamela will start in place of Son and Janssen might get a chance ahead of Kane?

Other than that, I can't see too many changes from the team that battered Stoke.

Something like this perhaps:

-----------------------------------------Lloris-----------------------------------------

Walker------------------Toby-------------------Jan----------------------Davies

----------------------------Dier---------------Wanyama--------------------------

Lamela--------------------------------------------------------------------------Alli
-------------------------------------------Eriksen-----------------------------------

----------------------------Janssen-------------------------------------------------

Either way I can't contain my excitement!

I think it will be very interesting to see what team Poch goes for.. I assume Lamela will start in place of Son and Janssen might get a chance ahead of Kane?

Other than that, I can't see too many changes from the team that battered Stoke.

Something like this perhaps:

-----------------------------------------Lloris-----------------------------------------

Walker------------------Toby-------------------Jan----------------------Davies

----------------------------Dier---------------Wanyama--------------------------

Lamela--------------------------------------------------------------------------Alli
-------------------------------------------Eriksen-----------------------------------

----------------------------Janssen-------------------------------------------------

Either way I can't contain my excitement!

I cannot imagine any reality where Janssen starts ahead of Kane unless he is injured. I would also expect Dele to start behind Kane. I think the biggest question is whether Son starts or not. Right now I would suggest that Son's confidence is at the highest since he joined our club and so personally I would leave him in the starting line up

-----------Lloris-------
Walker-Toby-Jan-Davies
---Wanyama---Dier----
Eriksen---Dele---Son
---------Kane----------

I think we'll win.

I like your line up, my only question is whether or not I start with Dembele or whether he comes on in the second half.

I cannot imagine any reality where Janssen starts ahead of Kane unless he is injured. I would also expect Dele to start behind Kane. I think the biggest question is whether Son starts or not. Right now I would suggest that Son's confidence is at the highest since he joined our club and so personally I would leave him in the starting line up

We simply must look after the squad though and we have the depth to rotate.

Why not give Janssen a chance to impress? If he's overawed we can take him off at half time or 50-60 minute mark.

Son has just come off playing at the Olympics/internationals (could use a break) and Lamela generally fires up for European games.

We simply must look after the squad though and we have the depth to rotate.

Why not give Janssen a chance to impress? If he's overawed we can take him off at half time or 50-60 minute mark.

Son has just come off playing at the Olympics/internationals (could use a break) and Lamela generally fires up for European games.

I think that it is a bit early in the season to be rotating and the Champions League should be our second priority after the PL. I think that we should give Kane a chance to play himself into form and we need to win our home CL games if we are to progress.

Never too early for squad management.

Wenger thought that and he hasn't helped them in their first few games

IMO you play the best team you have available to win the game. A good a manager will consider fitness and fatigue as a basic part if their role and that is part of their decision making

If we have tired players at this point of the season id be shocked but nothing Suprises me in football now

Back