• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Monaco***

I will add I've had bitter fans/friends of other sides saying we would never sell out if it wasn't so cheap and I agree... But then I have to highlight to them that it's surely the right thing to do to get fans in rather than have a half empty stadium ... No club wants to play to half a crowd and we make more money selling out this way than we would at WHL for example

32000 x £60 average £1.9m
82000 x £30 average £2.4m

I know that's crude numbers and we have to pay to hire Wembley but it just makes business sense and helps the fans out too

Anyone know if alcohol is being sold in the ground tomorrow? Guessing not as its a European night, nothing much about it on the Spurs site at the mo.

Anyone know if alcohol is being sold in the ground tomorrow? Guessing not as its a European night, nothing much about it on the Spurs site at the mo.

The sale of alcohol in the stadium is banned in all European competitions IIRC

The sale of alcohol in the stadium is banned in all European competitions IIRC

Banned in the general admission areas. UEFA family and other VIP clams can drink as much as they want while the rest of us will have to make do with the beer ads plastered everywhere.

We simply must look after the squad though and we have the depth to rotate.

Why not give Janssen a chance to impress? If he's overawed we can take him off at half time or 50-60 minute mark.

Son has just come off playing at the Olympics/internationals (could use a break) and Lamela generally fires up for European games.

Let me clarify, I have no doubt that Janssen will start ahead of Kane a number of times this season, however do I expect him to start ahead of Kane in our first champions league match after he has just scored his first goal? No, not in this reality. Is there any chance that Aguero or Vardy not start in the Champions League "Match Day "? Of course not so it makes no sense not to start our best striker, especially after he has just scored.

As for Son he gave up playing for his country to get his club future back on track and has just played his best ever match for Spurs. The lad is buzzing right now, and I would suggest there will be time to rotate later.

Never too early for squad management.

Agreed, and starting Kane would be excellent squad management. The lad won the Golden Boot last season and has just scored in the league (which as we all know is early for him) so not starting him in our first Champions League would be poor squad management

So if no alcohol inside the ground, where is there to have a few pre-match pints?? I'm not far from Wembley but to my knowledge there's nowhere of any note close to the ground to drink.

I imagine most fans will be at The Globe, Baker St?
Or perhaps basking in the sunshine along Wembley way with a few tinnies?? I'm hoping police won't be too strict on that given the vast proportion of fans will be Spurs, unlike a cup final match.

I quite like that Dier is at the presser. After just signing a new contract I think it is a savvy move by the club to push him in front of the cameras.

CsO_550XgAAfBa-.jpg

CsO58_SWgAA1tYT.jpg

I will add I've had bitter fans/friends of other sides saying we would never sell out if it wasn't so cheap and I agree... But then I have to highlight to them that it's surely the right thing to do to get fans in rather than have a half empty stadium ... No club wants to play to half a crowd and we make more money selling out this way than we would at WHL for example

32000 x £60 average £1.9m
82000 x £30 average £2.4m

I know that's crude numbers and we have to pay to hire Wembley but it just makes business sense and helps the fans out too

I think it's also good for PR / fan relations. How many fans' bonds with the club will be strengthened by being able to attend a huge European night, plus young ones who will be talking for years about their first match at Wembley. There are obvious short-term gains by having a full stadium on TV, for the players, etc., but also a long term benefit of cementing loyalty and providing an experience, regardless of ticket prices. It also tests the market for filling a larger WHL.

Plus, I'm sure there will be plenty of income from merch sales on the night.

Who cares what the tickets cost anyway? Fans are fans. If a father can take his family of four to a match because the tickets are reasonably priced, whereas they wouldn't go if tickets cost five times more, why do "bitter fans of other sides" have an issue with that?

From http://www.footballgroundguide.com/

Although there are a number of bars and pubs located within the general area around Wembley Stadium, they certainly combined do not have the capacity to house all the fans who would like a drink before the game. So bear this in mind when planning your arrival time. The closest bars to the stadium such as J.J. Moons (Wetherspoons), the Green Man (both near Wembley Stadium station) and the Torch (near Wembley Park tube station), are usually heaving many hours before kick off.

Pubs on the East side include:
Blue Check Cafe - 12/13 Empire Way, Wembley, HA9 0RQ
Crock of Gold - 23 Bridge Road, Wembley, HA9 9AB
Crystal Club (Silverspoon) - South Way, Wembley, HA9 0HB
Wembley First Class Sports Bar - 125
Wembley Park Drive, Wembley, HA9 8HG
The Parish - 120 Wembley Park Drive, Wembley, HA9 8HP
The Torch - Bridge Road, Wembley, HA9 9AB
Wembley Tavern - 121 Wembley Park Drive, HA9 8HG

Pubs on the West side include:
Arch - The Arch, 324 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 8LL
Blue Room - 53 Wembley Hill Road, Wembley, HA9 8BE
Copper Jug - 10 The Broadway, Wembley, HA9 8JU
Flannerys - 610 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AF
Fusilier Inn - 652 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA0 2HA
Green Man - Dagmar Avenue, Wembley, HA9 8DF
JJ Moons - 397 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AA
Liquor Station - 379 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AA
Masti's - 576 - 582 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AA
Moore Spice - Wembley Retail Park, Unit 2, Engineers Way, HA9 0EW
Powerleague - Olympic Way, Wembley, HA9 0WS
Station 31 - 299 -303 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6BD
Thirsty Eddie's - 412 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AH

In addition there are a number of outlets selling alcohol in the nearby London Designer Outlet and Arena Square. These tend to be frequented by supporters of both teams. Further down this page there is a map showing the location of all these pubs and areas.

However, most fans tend to either drink in the centre of London before the game, or have drink near one of the London Underground stations located north of the stadium such as Harrow on the Hill or further afield such as Watford Junction or Ruislip. I have tended to drink in Harrow on the Hill, which is three stops away from Wembley Park on the tube and has a handy Wetherspoons and an O'Neills outlet, plus a number of other pubs and eating outlets. The good thing too is that if you park out in this direction, then after the game you are heading way from the masses who are normally heading back in the direction of Central London.

Back