• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City, Sunday 27th October***

The atmosphere has been getting worse for years, it is not something that started when AVB became manager.

I had a season ticket for years and I say it was good under Jol then it started to tail off bar certain games.
After last season enough was enough for me lost that buzz and it's a shame.

But since Redknapp left the football has also gone downhill it's there for all to see way too negative football it's like just watching them go through the numbers every game.

I had a season ticket for years and I say it was good under Jol then it started to tail off bar certain games.
After last season enough was enough for me lost that buzz and it's a shame.

It was good under Jol but I still seemed to have some c*nt behind me ****ging off Jenas for 90 minutes every game

I'm conflicted on the comments. I agree that the fans at WHL have been awful for a while now, 90% turn up and sit in silence, it's one of the things that is putting me off from going to the games as much as I used to. On the otherhand though, fans go to be entertained as well and what AVB is serving up sure as hell isn't entertainment, it's absolute garbage. Millions of pounds spent on these highly talented players and at best you'd describe our football as "functional", ideally fans would be proactive but unfortunately most are reactive and right now there's nothing on the pitch to react about.

This.

Soldado has an many league goals this season as Benteke ;)

True dat!

Two things that bugged me today was a lack of shots from distance from us. Instead we tried to play it through and every time it hit a Hull player. There's creativity and movement, but our passing is off. Combine that with some sloppy ball losses that gives them a chance to counter it might look bad, but it's a work in progress. Hull really didn't offer much at all in the second half. That could be because they were camping at the edge of their own box with a 5-man defence.

Considering the only goal we've scored from outside the area this campaign was Andros' fluke against Aston Villa perhaps it's a good thing that we don't take so many pot shots... I only caught the 2nd half but it appears that we had plenty today and once against our opponents had more shots from inside the pen area than us...

Our goals for is 9 now.
How many of those from open play?

It would be interesting if we could reprise a game against the same oppo immediately to see if any of the players, AVB or the support can indentify and implement improvements.

COYS.

It would be interesting if we could reprise a game against the same oppo immediately to see if any of the players, AVB or the support can indentify and implement improvements.

COYS.

Interesting idea..

So, who have we got next? :p

Andre: "Great win for the players. Today we played in difficult conditions and I compliment the players for digging deep, We were patient, didn't get nervous and continued to do things properly, We had lots of chances but probably not as clear cut as we wanted. It was difficult & we have to make the most of the opportunities, We want to win better, we want to create more chances but sometimes it's not possible. We've had a great start to the season apart"

Vertonghen: 'It was important to get the three points today. A clean sheet, not our best game but a win' #THFC

Are some of our players under the impression that clean sheets actually count for something? That they're replaced goal difference or something? Or are they all playing fantasy football or something.

you keep a cleansheet, you dont lose.

Looks like the players seem to care more about the result than the fans do.

A win is a win, you get 3 points for winning 1-0 and you get 3 points for winning 5-0. AVB is making sure we are not loosing first and then comes the question if we draw or win. I think it's a good mentality, it's way better when you only have to worry about getting a draw then a loss. It's a long season, half of the first 11 is new to the team, based on that I think AVB is doing a GREAT job. As long as we continue keeping this clean sheets the only possible outcome of the game is a win or draw. A draw is not bad if it doesn't happen to often...

But I thought Hull parked the bus? Doesn't that mean that they didn't try to attack and put men behind the ball?

how can we say AVB is setting us up not to lose, when the opposition are allegedly not interested in attacking?

you keep a cleansheet, you dont lose.

Looks like the players seem to care more about the result than the fans do.

Time to take stock, I feel.

Spurs have equaled their best start to a Premier League season, set in 2009-10.

We're two points ahead of our points total after 9 matches last season.

We're five points better-off than the identical fixtures played last season.

We have kept 12 clean sheets in the 15 matches played in all competitions.

We've scored 28 goals and only conceded 5.

We're fourth in the Premier League Table, 3 points clear of Emirates Marketing Project and six points ahead of Manchester United.

And André Villas-Boas has the best statistical record of any Tottenham Hotspur manager since the club was founded in 1882.

We might not be playing the most attractive football at the moment but we're getting the results.

Vertonghen: 'It was important to get the three points today. A clean sheet, not our best game but a win' #THFC

Are some of our players under the impression that clean sheets actually count for something? That they're replaced goal difference or something? Or are they all playing fantasy football or something.

Well yes.

if we hadn't kept a clean sheet we wouldn't have won the game.

So it counted for at least two points today.

Clean sheets mean that we can play pretty poorly in attack, get a lucky penalty and collect 3 points.

If we continue to be so blunt in the final third, than we need to keep defending well and keep racking up those clean sheets. There's more than one way to skin a cat, we're getting the points with a good defence at the moment.

It's ugly, but if we'd have got a 0-0 draw against both West Ham and Arsenal, we'd be top of the league right now :lol:

Hopefully, we will get better in attack as the season progresses. But as much as we don't look like scoring a lot of the time, nor do we look like we will concede many.

I'd take a 0-1 away win v Everton...

I was at the game and we were awful today.

Players shy on the ball, no technique no quality.

I am not sure if Lennon touched the ball today, and I am being serious. Hiding away waiting for the ball all game, and when he gets it, loses it...

Players like Holtby and Paulinho dont even know what they have to do, where they are playing.

The only good thing is Townsend, at least he is not scared and can play.

And we've spent 100m...:lol:

Back