• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City, Sunday 27th October***

How many PL goals from open play? Or how many good goals where we opened teams up? 1 v Villa? 2 v Norwich? Can't think of any others.

Its all well and good beating Tblisi 75:0, its the losing at home to West Ham we should be looking at, and how we cant score in the league for shiit.

Oh give it a rest, you ****.

What a silly thing to say.

It was rather but it was not entirely serious.

I think that people massively underestimate how well organised team like Hull are. We are not firing on all cylinders at the moment but even if we were these teams would be a challenge if we do not get an early goal. If you put out an unbalanced team, then you are just increasing the chance of them hitting you on the break and losing.

Controversial thing to say, but to be fair I didn´t hear much noise from the home fans on telly today. Has the atmosphere really deteriorated that much? I rarely get the chance to go to WHL, so I can´t really comment.

But you would expect the fans to get behind the team regardless of who we play and how we play - to a certain degree. Or has our play been so dire for so long now that the line has been crossed for the home fans?

Certainly worrying to hear that even our own manager is critical of the noise from the home fans.

Exactly. No noise because we are not playing exciting football. We do not need a packed midfield against Hull or West Ham. We need strikers (plural) who can make space, create chances and receive long and short balls.

Last edited:
Oh give it a rest, you ****.

If you talk **** and quote ******** stats that mean nothing im going to call you out on it. We've been **** in the league and attacking is a huge problem for us. If you enjoyed what you saw today then fair play to you. I think youre probably in a minority of two: you and AVB. But you crack on mate.

He should get full backs who arent headless chickens and don't both bomb on at the same time. Its not difficult.
Chelsea, Arsenal, City and United can all do it.

And this is the same Paulinho that harried and disrupted Inestia and Xavi in Confed cup final, he can do a job in that position against Hull.
You can play sandro and paulinho against a defensive side at home and then wonder why we havent created anything.

Basically, you are not going to be happy for a while then. Our formation is to play two holding midfielders to allow our attacking fullbacks to get forwards. I don't see that changing.

Exactly. No noise because we are not playing exciting football. We do not need a packed midfield against Hull or West Ham. We need strikers (plural) who can make space, create chances and receive long and short balls.

the noise stopped years ago mate. even when we were playing 'exciting' football under Redknapp.

Youd get the occasional good atmosphere when we played a big team though.

I think that people massively underestimate how well organised team like Hull are. We are not firing on all cylinders at the moment but even if we were these teams would be a challenge if we do not get an early goal. If you put out an unbalanced team, then you are just increasing the chance of them hitting you on the break and losing.

They had an injury crisis (6 new players coming in) and were playing a new formation.

If you talk **** and quote ******** stats that mean nothing im going to call you out on it. We've been **** in the league and attacking is a huge problem for us. If you enjoyed what you saw today then fair play to you. I think youre probably in a minority of two: you and AVB. But you crack on mate.

:ross:

I enjoyed us winning, yes.

If we play Eriksen and Holtby in the same midfield, the only way that we'd get away with it would be to have Sandro or Dembele in the sitting role. We would need to use true wingers, as I would want our full backs to be a bit more conservative with their attacking plays. So I'd say Townsend and Lennon, plus using the pair of those would enable us to have quick breaks if Eriksen and Holtby can move the ball to them quickly. I can see that line-up working against smaller sides where clever passes are required.

Describe unbalanced. We were unbalanced today IMO.

The frustration comes from seeing no improvement under his tenure since last season kicked off. We struggle to create and score. Badly. Now its coming to a head unfortunately. We've spent literally hundreds of millions and not one new signing is having any sort of impact. Why is that?

Basically, you are not going to be happy for a while then. Our formation is to play two holding midfielders to allow our attacking fullbacks to get forwards. I don't see that changing.

Our second half pairing weren't really holding midfielders either. Paulinho was getting forward most of the time and Dembele from time to time as well.

the noise stopped years ago mate. even when we were playing 'exciting' football under Redknapp.

Youd get the occasional good atmosphere when we played a big team though.

That is a fair point but the noise is more when we are playing attractive, attacking football.

Our support has been **** for years.

really???? easy to say that whilst sitting behind a keyboard in your own home

try going to games week in week out, forking out thousands in the process, and then you might have a right to judge those who do just that

He toyed with 3 in midfield early in the season.
I can see what he's doing making us hard to beat but its isnt Tottenham is it?

Back