• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City, Sunday 27th October***

At least you haven't spent £800 hard earned quid to have this sh!t served up week after week, and then have the manager call you out for not singing. Cheeky bastid.

He's 'kin lucky we were still awake.

Exactly , feel sorry for ST holders at the mo. £800 is the cheap end too.

Aaron Lennon @Aaron7Lennon

Had to grind the win out today, never easy after away European game but a wins a win, great to be back after 2 months out. #tiredlegs #coys

Well good job we qualify for the next stage of the Europa with a win in the next game which means we can rest players in the final two games. Assuming we win that game, I would leave most of the players who start the league games at home.

Well good job we qualify for the next stage of the Europa with a win in the next game which means we can rest players in the final two games. Assuming we win that game, I would leave most of the players who start the league games at home.

leave em all at home, take the two 3-0 nil defeats

would be a hell of a message to UEFA

Couple of points if I may:

We are winning games. I don't care how we play as long as we get 3 points. We have a new team so it will take time for us to play the way we like spurs to.

As a season ticket holder the crowd is poor these days. It has been for a while now. The negativity is disgusting tho.

A friend from France came to watch the game today and he said " the man in front thinks he was te manager, kept shouting rubbish"

U hear it all over the place. Fans calling players ****s, they make a bad pass and it's the end of the world. They are human for Gods sake! They are going to make mistakes.

Just support the team and be a bit more vocal in a positive way. No moaning at every misplaced pass.

It doesn't help anyone.

Sadly it is symptomatic of a society which has become more demanding, less patient and more relentless in it's pursuit of everything.

I personally felt that AVB played too cautious a hand today and didn't adapt quickly enough. For me, the key to the game was width. He does have a massive issue when playing inverted wingers as it requires the full-backs to be wing-backs, and as such, meant our entire left-hand side was going to be compromised because Jan is not Baines. But Holtby simply didn't take up the positions Eriksen does (because he isn't Eriksen!) and as such, I have to say I felt he was out of sync with everything.

But we found a way to win and found a way to keep another clean sheet. People can go on about luck all they want, but you don't get as many clean sheets as we've had simply by just being lucky. There has to be some work going in too.

I was not amused or entertained today, but we steadily worked and worked until we got the chance. I felt it would come. Somehow. A fortunate penalty? Perhaps, but seemed to me to make up for the blatant one we should've had when that ginger grappled Soldado in the area 10 minutes earlier, a clear, clear penalty.

But yeah, some of our 'supporters' need to live a little more and develop a little more patience and empathy in my not-humble opinion. They need to remember that support is support. And they need to think carefully about the current situation;
the team are winning.
the manager is aware that we should be scoring more goals.
the manager is aware that we should be creating more chances.

He's aware, and the team are aware, of the problems. But they're still finding ways to win.

I genuinely believe some swash will start to come with our buckle, and that AVB will react to the obvious areas of concern we saw today.

i think its partly because we have got so much better over the last few years, we've missed out by such narrow margins that one mistake can be the difference, rewind 10 years and it didn't really matter if we had the odd **** up as we were always destined for 14th anyway

the pressure is greater as we have so much more to lose

At least you haven't spent £800 hard earned quid to have this sh!t served up week after week, and then have the manager call you out for not singing. Cheeky bastid.

He's 'kin lucky we were still awake.

I agree that AVB SHOULD keep quiet on that sort of stuff, but only because our sensitive ****ing sandwich-eating home support gets frightfully offended when their 'loyalty' or 'support' is questioned. Those words mean different things to different generations it appears. I don't get it personally. The Lane used to be a fortress, now it's becoming a place where people sit back and simply 'expect'...'tis why away games are much more fun the last few seasons.

When the going gets tough, when things are not easy, people should ****ing dig deep and get behind the ****ing team! I'm not interested in 'for what we pay we expect x y z' arguments, because football never EVER worked like that.

It's about something bigger.

By the way, you don't want to know how much I've spent, over decades, following this magnificent club.

I have never ONCE questioned the money I've spent, even in the darker days.

Why?
Because their still-coming-together side is still managing to remain 3 points from the top and about to qualify for the next round of the Europa?
Yeah.
My heart ****ing bleeds!!!

What's happend to our support? Was by far the best in the country. Then one day we beat Emirates Marketing Project and qualified for the Champions League. Since then it's gone so down hill it's beyond a joke.

A5925_zps0473994f.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur host Hull City at White Hart Lane on Wednesday 30th October 2013 (KO 19:45) in the 4th round of 2013-14 Football League (Capital One) Cup.

Spurs come into the match after beating Aston Villa 4-0 away in the Third Round while Hull City have beaten Leyton Orient 1-0 away in the Second Round and Huddersfield Town 1-0 at home in the Third Round. Spurs have won the competition four times but Hull have never made it past the Fourth Round yet.

Wednesday's match at will be the 32nd time the two teams have met and just three days after Spurs won 1-0 in the Premier League.

A5924_zps686803ee.jpg

A5931_zps76efff44.jpg

A5932_zpsbb65e73c.jpg

Why?
Because their still-coming-together side is still managing to remain 3 points from the top and about to qualify for the next round of the Europa?
Yeah.
My heart ****ing bleeds!!!

It's a ****ter I know....Not sure how I cope when I look at the table to see two teams playing some of there best football for a while all within reaching distance from a team just starting to nit together.

What's happend to our support? Was by far the best in the country. Then one day we beat Emirates Marketing Project and qualified for the Champions League. Since then it's gone so down hill it's beyond a joke.

Bar the odd night against big European opposition we've been pretty terrible since Jol.

Last time I remember the whole crowd really singing together was our send off to him when the rumour spread that he'd been sacked.

Bar the odd night against big European opposition we've been pretty terrible since Jol.

Last time I remember the whole crowd really singing together was our send off to him when the rumour spread that he'd been sacked.

In recent times Inter Milan (and most of the CL games), Arsenal (Danny Rose goal) and Chelsea (the next game after) were amongst the best atmosphere's I've experienced at the Lane.

In recent times Inter Milan (and most of the CL games), Arsenal (Danny Rose goal) and Chelsea (the next game after) were amongst the best atmosphere's I've experienced at the Lane.

I probably should have mentioned derbies too - the day we stop getting excited about beating those qunts will be a very sad day. Other than that though, it's just the big European nights (CL not EL).

There are plenty of factors - Sunday 4pm matches are just ****, opponents planning to only defend, no real star player any more, the expectation that we should be comfortably beating the likes of Hull (I won't mention Wet Spam as my Sunday League side should be comfortably beating them), etc.

One way or another though, I'd say the overall trend since Jol is down - it seemed better under Redknapp but a lot of that was down to who we were playing (and the fact that it was CL) - the noise level against average PL teams was on its way down then too.

I probably should have mentioned derbies too - the day we stop getting excited about beating those qunts will be a very sad day. Other than that though, it's just the big European nights (CL not EL).

There are plenty of factors - Sunday 4pm matches are just ****, opponents planning to only defend, no real star player any more, the expectation that we should be comfortably beating the likes of Hull (I won't mention Wet Spam as my Sunday League side should be comfortably beating them), etc.

One way or another though, I'd say the overall trend since Jol is down - it seemed better under Redknapp but a lot of that was down to who we were playing (and the fact that it was CL) - the noise level against average PL teams was on its way down then too.

And we still dont know why this game was a 4pm kick-off?

How much do Spurs really mean to the fans..I get the feeling some fans dont get what it takes for their Team to win!

the fans are important and they should get behind the team more often.

I know we have been expecting more this season and its frustrating they are not playing in a more threatening manner considering the ammount of dosh
that has gone into the squad this season. It does make you wonder if the players bought are ever going to make it in the Prem when some really expensive
players are sitting out games!

I hardly go to games now owing to circumstances and sometimes I follow the OMC thread to try and get an idea whos playing well.

Yesterdays game was coming over pretty pathetic and I might have well been one of the fans having a moan if I had been there..

I have allways given good vocal support to the Team though.

Anyway ...lets hope this squad will gell. They should have done that by now anyway..... if the're any good at football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Local support is non existent in Tottenham itself. That is worrying for the club IMO. It does not give the club any Local importance or meaning!
now thats sad.

Most clubs have still got there communities in tact..and that gives a good feel factor that would feed in locally to the people who work at the club

and the players.

**** still has a good local support in Islington..Chelsea do in their part of London and allthough West Ham has a large ethnic community there are still parts
of that locality that still has ..dare I say it English ethnic support.

anyway...

getting a bit complex now...LOL...CoySpurs..............................................................

and the players.

Years ago the crowd could just bowl in off the streets and see the game. These days even if they could they would'nt..as there probably
all in the Mosque!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally felt that AVB played too cautious a hand today and didn't adapt quickly enough. For me, the key to the game was width. He does have a massive issue when playing inverted wingers as it requires the full-backs to be wing-backs, and as such, meant our entire left-hand side was going to be compromised because Jan is not Baines. But Holtby simply didn't take up the positions Eriksen does (because he isn't Eriksen!) and as such, I have to say I felt he was out of sync with everything.

I was not amused or entertained today.........A fortunate penalty? Perhaps...........I genuinely believe ....that AVB will react to the obvious areas of concern we saw today.

Steff, the above is what 'the negative people' are saying as well, no? It is just a matter of typing style.

AVB set us up too cautious, he didn't adapt quickly enough, we had no left side again, it was not entertaining, we got a fortunate penalty.

You say AVB will react to the obvious areas of concern, but he didn't react fully during the game, and he has done the same in several recent games (we have no left side without Rose and play too defensively) so I'm not sure what gives you such belief that AVB will react now, given he hasn't before?

Let's hope he does. I don't think it is a generational thing as you insist, loads of us have been fans for 30 years and want to see the above things changed sooner rather than later.

Perhaps the decline did start after Jol but the season we actually qualfied for Champions League I remember some great nights. In the run in to the end of the season beating Arsenal and then Chelsea 3 days later obviously had great atmospheres and even against Blackburn, Portsmouth and a few other random sides I remember us playing we were good.

I dunno if the reason for the decline is because it seemed like we were going places and had an objective to get Champions League and once that was achieved it was a bit like "oh well what's next" or fans got fed up with the fact that we got Chamions League once then haven't had it since.

Or fans expectations have really gone up from never expecting much with Tottenham to now expecting a lot, regardless or whether or not they offer their support.

Either way, all I know is the atmospheres really turned from something great to something decent at best.

Back