• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City, Sunday 27th October***

Clean sheets are very important imo. Man Utd won the league a few seasons ago having had a run of about 10 consecutive league games where they were winning 1-0. It allows you to grind out wins from quite **** performances.

Dawson is a joke, some guy was running at him in the first half and he was going backwards, waiting for the guy to go past him and shoot.

but isn't the point that were all saying were struggling to break down teams who come and sit in?

that means that they aren't coming out and having a go at us, and thus we aren't being asked to defend for large portions of games.

we aren't scoring early, so the teams sitting in technique appears to be working. if we did score early, ever, we'd be asked to defend more.

lets see how our rock solid defence fairs against teams who will show more ambition than the likes of Hull. I have a feeling we'll get found out.

the clean sheets are just as much a product of us not being attacked as of our awesome defence. lets see how daws and vlad fair against lukaku next week.

I think teams will figure out were blunt and fragile and will start putting us away. we look shaky to me on the occasions pressure is excerted on our back four. we wont always get soft penalties to bail us out.

I was at the game and we were awful today.

Players shy on the ball, no technique no quality.

I am not sure if Lennon touched the ball today, and I am being serious. Hiding away waiting for the ball all game, and when he gets it, loses it...

Players like Holtby and Paulinho dont even know what they have to do, where they are playing.

The only good thing is Townsend, at least he is not scared and can play.

And we've spent 100m...:lol:

Holtby looked lost. One minute Paulinho is in our half getting the ball next minute he is on the missing list and Sandro has to burst forward to find a player to pass to.
Lennon was not good on the left and was not good on the right.
We have quality defenders who are 3 handed against 1 guy who sometimes isn't even 1 guy.

but isn't the point that were all saying were struggling to break down teams who come and sit in?

that means that they aren't coming out and having a go at us, and thus we aren't being asked to defend for large portions of games.

we aren't scoring early, so the teams sitting in technique appears to be working. if we did score early, ever, we'd be asked to defend more.

lets see how our rock solid defence fairs against teams who will show more ambition than the likes of Hull. I have a feeling we'll get found out.

the clean sheets are just as much a product of us not being attacked as of our awesome defence. lets see how daws and vlad fair against lukaku next week.

I think teams will figure out were blunt and fragile and will start putting us away. we look shaky to me on the occasions pressure is excerted on our back four. we wont always get soft penalties to bail us out.

You mean like Chelsea and Arsenal?

Yeah, it fell apart and we conceded two goals in two games... :lol:

If teams open up more, we'll look better going forward as there will be more space in which to operate. I look forward to them trying to do that.

Would be interesting to see Ade given a run out midweek against Hull.

I had such a **** poor stream that i was watching frozen images a lot of the time and our guy with the ball had no players to pass the ball to within 15 yards.
Soldado saw less of the ball than Sagbo in the 1st half. He did not get a shot off until the middle of the 2nd half.
He will score goals for us in big games but in these games I would go for Ade and him or Defoe 4-4-2.

I had such a **** poor stream that i was watching frozen images a lot of the time and our guy with the ball had no players to pass the ball to within 15 yards.
Soldado saw less of the ball than Sagbo in the 1st half. He did not get a shot off until the middle of the 2nd half.
He will score goals for us in big games but in these games I would go for Ade and him or Defoe 4-4-2.

Agreed

would you say we were as good as any of those teams?

No but we have spent an awful lot of money (which admittedly is not a guarantee of anything) and have more than enough talented players to play better football. All I'm saying is I can see both sides of the argument. I'm pleased we are winning, but I guess I fear how we will respond if we go behind against one of the top teams as goalscoring seems to be a problem, in the league anyway. I personally would rather win than see us play great football and draw/lose, but some of the fans do have a point, the football under AVB was poor when he first got here and hasn't really improved. I'm a bit sick of the I'm a better fan than you mentality from some because they don't want to criticise the team, we all want the team to succeed.

You mean like Chelsea and Arsenal?

Yeah, it fell apart and we conceded two goals in two games... :lol:

If teams open up more, we'll look better going forward as there will be more space in which to operate. I look forward to them trying to do that.

We'll see. The next 4 games wil be something of an acid test. I think we'll get found out, hope im wrong. Also the Arsenal and Chelsea games would have resulted in two defeats had it not been for the Chelsea red card.

Its just contradictory for people to hail our defence when it isn't even being tested by teams who come to the lane with zero attacking ambition.

I'm more than prepared and hope that i'll be proved totally wrong, but I think we'll have a fairly meagre points total after the next games, and then we'll be in a fairer position in the league. We've got a lot to be grateful for in terms of dodgy penalties this season.

We'll see. The next 4 games wil be something of an acid test. I think we'll get found out, hope im wrong. Also the Arsenal and Chelsea games would have resulted in two defeats had it not been for the Chelsea red card.

Its just contradictory for people to hail our defence when it isn't even being tested by teams who come to the lane with zero attacking ambition.

I'm more than prepared and hope that i'll be proved totally wrong, but I think we'll have a fairly meagre points total after the next games, and then we'll be in a fairer position in the league. We've got a lot to be grateful for in terms of dodgy penalties this season.

Yeah, it would also be wrong to bash our defence when we have played two of the title contenders and have only conceded once in each match against them.

The Chelsea game might have been a loss, however if Torres had been sent off for his first red card offence we would likely be sitting here having won that game. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

It depends how many points you would expect from the next four games anyway.

This! Baffles me why he didn't start today.

Maybe he is giving Holtby a run after some impressive games in the Europa and after Eriksen had a disappointing game against West Ham. Also Eriksen is new and still bedding in, AVB, like a lot of managers with a good squad, seems to prefer to bed new players in slowly

Maybe he is giving Holtby a run after some impressive games in the Europa and after Eriksen had a disappointing game against West Ham. Also Eriksen is new and still bedding in, AVB, like a lot of managers with a good squad, seems to prefer to bed new players in slowly

The standard of the Europa compared to the Premier League is so radically different. Holtby was given a chance last week and he didn't do anything to keep Eriksen out of the side again today. A lot of fans are coming in for stick for moaning and being too demanding, but Eriksen has one bad game and everyone calls for Holtby to start, I don't get it. Who wasn't poor against West Ham?

I actually agree. Not sure what sort of impact he will have this season, but it can't hurt trying him out in a 4-4-2 with Soldado.

Our squad is not set up for 4-4-2. Who would you play wide, which full backs would you select and who would you play in central midfield? Are you suggesting dropping 4-2-3-1 altougher or do you want us to switch formations and personnel whilst bedding in new players?

The standard of the Europa compared to the Premier League is so radically different. Holtby was given a chance last week and he didn't do anything to keep Eriksen out of the side again today. A lot of fans are coming in for stick for moaning and being too demanding, but Eriksen has one bad game and everyone calls for Holtby to start, I don't get it. Who wasn't poor against West Ham?

I don't disagree about the difference in quality but you couldn't move for people on here calling for Holtby to start after the West Ham games.

Back