• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v. Everton - Sunday, February 9th - 13:30

----------Lloris----------
Walker---Kaboul---Jan---Rose
---------Dembele-----Benteleb---------
Lennon------Paulinho------Eriksen
---------------Ade----------------

A massively hard fought 2-1 win

might do us a favor todays result - usually when we get the chance to draw level with someone we balls it up

and like I said, it RARELY happens. you said we start slow, I gave you games where we haven't.

No, you gave me a few rare games when we took an early -ish lead. Not the same thing at all about starting fast and putting games to bed early.

No, you gave me a few rare games when we took an early -ish lead. Not the same thing at all about starting fast and putting games to bed early.

like I said, it RARELY happens.

How many games have Chelsea put to bed early? Where are they in the league?

like I said, it RARELY happens.

How many games have Chelsea put to bed early? Where are they in the league?

Many many more than us that's for sure. They are 2-0 up today after 34 mins! If only we could do that.

Will be good to have Townsend back in the squad at least, if we struggle and fail to play well he's at least capable of doing something on his own, even if that something still lacks a bit of end product.

Dembele back will be good too.

Closing in on 'must win' territory ;)

Will be good to have Townsend back in the squad at least, if we struggle and fail to play well he's at least capable of doing something on his own, even if that something still lacks a bit of end product.

Dembele back will be good too.

Closing in on 'must win' territory ;)

Personally, if he is fully fit, I would start him in place of Lennon, who hasnt done enough in his last few games to warrant a start imo.

Assuming we play Dembele, Pauli and Bentelab or Capoue, we will need someone to get in behind them. Townsend is the bet bet than Lennon with that midfield. No one to find Lennon early and we don't really need his defensive duties with those three shoring up the midfield.

Townsend to pin Baines back would be my selection.

COYS

What will be will be. I think realistically a Everton and Liverpool have been better than us. For us to make top four it would need a marked improvement from the last few months. One big win against an Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea would make me believe it's possible again.

We should just try and enjoy the rest of the season as fans. No pressure, no nail biting tense games. Just get behind the team and let them blossom into a good side.

Watching Liverpool today has given me some weird kind of relief that I'm content knowing that they are far more worthy than us for top four. So anything we achieve would be a huge bonus.

going to have to pull something special out of the bag tomorrow......I would love to see a performance tomorrow just to give me some belief/hope....

Whilst while I think not winning wont be fatal it would make any aspirations of top 4 very unlikely.

What I wouldnt do for some of our big signings/big players to turn it on for the remainder of the season.......Verts,Sandro,Paulie,Eriksen,Lamela,Soldado we have the nucleus of something special but we have failed to get peformances on the pitch.

Just want some belief....Come on Lads!!!!!! lets not let another season pass us by.

I agree with diego. Tomorrow's game will probably bear on where in the range 5th-7th we finish, but we're not top 4 material this season. Those places are already taken and will only be reshuffled IMO.

I agree with diego. Tomorrow's game will probably bear on where in the range 5th-7th we finish, but we're not top 4 material this season. Those places are already taken and will only be reshuffled IMO.

Loyalties aside. Totally agree with yourself and Diego, despite the realtive small gap in points between us, when you actually take a step back and look at our relative performances I think you have to stay right now Liverpool do like the better team, certainly attack-wise. They were breathtaking for 20/25mins today, but....

At the end of the day a win tomorrow and we are still in the mix.

Diego is right though, lets just enjoy the rest of the season, you never know there could be a European final awaiting us in May.
RIght now we've just arrived down in London, just had a bite to eat and a few drinks, now we're chomping at the bit ready for the match tomorrow, hopefully its not a long drive home and we'll still be buzzing after a good win

Imo we MUST play Townsend on the left at the beginning to pen back Coleman. I think Walker should SHOULD be able to deal with the threat of Baines without Lennon's defensive duties; I'd save him for the second half to go against some tired legs.

I also think we MUST play one of Sandro or Capoue as DM! I think recent games involving the top 4 have shown that the idea of just going toe-to-toe against teams of similar levels is folly (see Matic display vs City and Arsenal assuming they didn't need one today for examples..)

My team:

Lloris

Walker Dawson Verts Rose

Capoue
Dembele Paulinho

Eriksen Townsend
Ade

Prediction: 3-2 Spurs, Ade, Eriksen and Soldado on as a sub with a late goal from open play; Mirallas and Pienaar for them..

This is an absolute Must win game!
COYS

I think we've got to play Capoue tomorrow to mark Barkley and give some protection to the defence. Bentaleb should be dropped IMO as when Bentaleb and Paulinho/Dembele play together we have no protection of the back four. We can get away with it against teams like Stoke and Palace but not against sides like Everton. I'd drop Soldado as well as his confidence is clearly gone and he doesn't offer enough to the team atm to warrant a start. I would actually give Sigurdsson a start on the left as at least he offers some kind of goal threat when he plays.

I would go with:

Lloris

Walker Dawson Vertonghen Rose

Capoue Dembele

Lennon Eriksen Sigurdsson

Adebayor

This is the biggest game of the season so far and I think we'll just about have enough to edge it 2-1

COYS!

We're at home, Sherwood will go 442 and try to play our own game.
Only selection questions are over the 2 in the middle. I can see Paulinho being dropped for Dembele, otherwise the same 11 that played against Hull.

Really need the fans to turn up and create an atmosphere to spur on the players today, can't see it happening though...

Back