• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v. Everton - Sunday, February 9th - 13:30

Yo MOFO's

I hope we can see some fresh faces for this one....I agree that Bentaleb should sit this one out....Sandro & Paulie in Midfield.....lets play Lennon right & Townsend left.

This is a game we can win and I think we will....a narrow 2-1 for us.

Yo MOFO's

I hope we can see some fresh faces for this one....I agree that Bentaleb should sit this one out....Sandro & Paulie in Midfield.....lets play Lennon right & Townsend left.

This is a game we MUST win and I think we will....a narrow 2-1 for us.

Fixed it for you! COYS!!!!

Tottenham Hotspur's Official Premier League Squad after the January Transfer Window...

25-squad players
Adebayor, Emmanuel
Capoue, Etienne
Chadli, Nacer
Chiriches, Vlad Iulian
Dembele, Moussa
Friedel, Bradley Howard
Kaboul, Younes
Lloris, Hugo
Bezerra Maciel Junior, Jose Paulo
Cordiero, Sandro Raniere Guimaraes
Soldado Rillo, Roberto
Vertonghen, Jan
Gomes, Heurelho Da Silva
Dawson, Michael Richard HG
Defoe, Jermain Colin HG
Lennon, Aaron HG
Naughton, Kyle HG
Obika, Jonathan HG
Rose, Daniel Lee HG
Sigurdsson, Gylfi Thor HG
Townsend, Andros HG
Walker, Kyle Andrew HGn

Under-21 players (Contract and Scholars)
Akindayini, Daniel Oluwaseun
Amos, Luke Ayodele
Archer, Jordan Gideon
Ball, Dominic
Bentaleb, Nabil
Campbell Young, Channing Shelby
Carroll, Thomas James
Ceballos, Cristian
Coulibaly, Souleymane
Coulthirst, Shaquile Tyshan
Dombaxe, Laste
Eriksen, Christian
Fredericks, Ryan
Fryers, Ezekiel David
Gallifuoco, Giancarlo
Georgiou, Anthony Michael
Goddard, Cy
Gomelt, Tomislav
Harrison, Shayon
Kane, Harry
Lameiras, Ruben
Lamela, Erik
Lancaster, Cameron Paul
Lesniak, Filip
McEneff, Aaron
McEvoy, Kenneth
McGee, Luke Paul
McQueen, Darren
McQueen, Alexander Luke
Michael Percil, Roman
Miles, Jonathan David
Miller, William
Oduwa, Nathan
Ogilvie, Connor Stuart
Onomah, Joshua
Priestley, Liam Joseph
Pritchard, Alex David
Pritchard, Joe Cameron
Ross, Lloyd
Sonupe, Emmanuel Olukolade
Stewart, Kevin Linford
Veljkovic, Milos
Vigouroux, Lawrence
Vincent Young, Kane
Voss, Harry William
Walker Peters, Kyle
Walkes, Anton
Ward, Grant Antony
Winks, Harry

Hasn't Obika gone to Brighton on loan?

Never knew JD was a Colin or Gylfi a Thor.

You live and learn.

Looking at stats etc that I could find it looks like last week they played with Mirallas up front for most the game and struggled to really get going. It may be pure coincidence but it wasn't until they brought on a recognised striker in Naismith that they started to click into gear. The question you have to ask is that if you were Roberto Martinez would you try to exploit Dawson and Vertonghen's lack of pace by trying the same thing, or would you keep Naismith in the side? It's a tough call because if we don't let him use his pace we can rely on their defensive skills against an inexperienced forward. If we play a high line then we are screwed. Maybe Lloris will make Martinez decide on playing Naismith but I reckon we will see both of those in that role on Sunday.

Their main threats though are Coleman and Baines. If we go with a wonky then one of them will be free to attack and we have seen enough this season to know that they are lethal. If I were Sherwood I would play with two quick wingers who will keep those two honest, with us using two of Lennon, Townsend or Chadli. Whilst people may bemoan Chadli, he will work hard down that flank and I'd expect to see more from him than either Sig or Eriksen. As for their wide players, Pienarr is a very clever player who will drop in and pull his marker out of position, whilst Mirallas and McGeady are a more direct threat. I would expect to see Mirallas lining up against Rose whilst Pienarr will try to out manoeuvre Walker and become that extra man in the box. Both McGeady and Deulofeu will be on the bench if they need to switch things up.

The middle three will be Barry, McCarthy and Barkley or Osman. I think Martinez will still stick with the base of Barry and McCarthy screening their defence, but the final spot is a toss up. Personally I feel that this is a game for Paulinho, we need to see him pressuring Barry for 90 minutes as I think the guy can be got at. If we can successfully break down their passing moves from there then we can look for quick break aways. I'm loathe to say it, but this may actually be a game where we keep Eriksen and Bentaleb on the bench for the first hour. I'd rather see us try to attack but given what we know about them and the inability of our team to build from the back with good possession we will have to play like this.

For me:

Walker---Dawson---Vertonghen---Rose
---------------Sandro----------------
Lennon--Paulinho--Dembele--Townsend
----------------Ade------------------

We will look to pressure from the front and break quickly. The consequence will be scrappy football on our part and likely a real lack in clear oppurtunities.

Looking at stats etc that I could find it looks like last week they played with Mirallas up front for most the game and struggled to really get going. It may be pure coincidence but it wasn't until they brought on a recognised striker in Naismith that they started to click into gear. The question you have to ask is that if you were Roberto Martinez would you try to exploit Dawson and Vertonghen's lack of pace by trying the same thing, or would you keep Naismith in the side? It's a tough call because if we don't let him use his pace we can rely on their defensive skills against an inexperienced forward. If we play a high line then we are screwed. Maybe Lloris will make Martinez decide on playing Naismith but I reckon we will see both of those in that role on Sunday.

Their main threats though are Coleman and Baines. If we go with a wonky then one of them will be free to attack and we have seen enough this season to know that they are lethal. If I were Sherwood I would play with two quick wingers who will keep those two honest, with us using two of Lennon, Townsend or Chadli. Whilst people may bemoan Chadli, he will work hard down that flank and I'd expect to see more from him than either Sig or Eriksen. As for their wide players, Pienarr is a very clever player who will drop in and pull his marker out of position, whilst Mirallas and McGeady are a more direct threat. I would expect to see Mirallas lining up against Rose whilst Pienarr will try to out manoeuvre Walker and become that extra man in the box. Both McGeady and Deulofeu will be on the bench if they need to switch things up.

The middle three will be Barry, McCarthy and Barkley or Osman. I think Martinez will still stick with the base of Barry and McCarthy screening their defence, but the final spot is a toss up. Personally I feel that this is a game for Paulinho, we need to see him pressuring Barry for 90 minutes as I think the guy can be got at. If we can successfully break down their passing moves from there then we can look for quick break aways. I'm loathe to say it, but this may actually be a game where we keep Eriksen and Bentaleb on the bench for the first hour. I'd rather see us try to attack but given what we know about them and the inability of our team to build from the back with good possession we will have to play like this.

For me:

We will look to pressure from the front and break quickly. The consequence will be scrappy football on our part and likely a real lack in clear oppurtunities.

Not that I disagree with what you've said but I'd be shocked if Sherwood doesn't play Bentaleb....

As I said, I don't think we can out football them, our squad isn't trained for it and I think we need two out and out wingers to counter their fullbacks. I think we could afford one of those 2, but both may leave us weak on another area of the pitch

I think you need to get a grip, we're playing Everton, not Barcelona. They might "out-possession" us but outplay/football? Did you see the game at Goodison? Let's worry about what we can do to hurt them first rather than putting out players to stop them.

I think you need to get a grip, we're playing Everton, not Barcelona. They might "out-possession" us but outplay/football? Did you see the game at Goodison? Let's worry about what we can do to hurt them first rather than putting out players to stop them.

I agree. I think we should be progressive in attack vs Everton, and their central midfield of Barry, Barkley, and McCarthy is solid but not terrifying. I may be in the minority, but I view Soldado as a really key member of the squad this season, and I would love to see him with a prolonged run in the side. I'd play a 4-3-3 to own the midfield, with the front three in constant motion.

Defending, it looks like this...

-----------Hugo------------
KW--Daws---Jan----Rose
-Paulinho-Sandro-Eriksen
-Adebayor-Soldado-Townsend

Going forward it's more

-------Hugo---------
--Daws--Sandro--Jan
KW-----Paulinho----Rose
Townsend--Ade---Eriksen
--------Soldado--------

If Sandro isn't fit, I'd play Dembele or Bentaleb in that role. If no Townsend, I play Chadli, as I think Lennon hasn't earned his place in recent matches. Can't wait to get Lamela back.

For me:

this is exactly the lineup i posted up a few days ago. good post, especially the points about the wonky leaving our full back outnumbered. the 3 man midfield we got is a beast for anybody to go against - they can defend but paulinho and dembele have abilty to break forward beyond the loan striker very quickly. strength in the middle plus pace on both wings together with an up for it adebayor should be too much for almost anybody let alone everton at home.

Last edited:
Spurs 1-Everton 4........another Merseyside massacre at the lane

Vlad, Sandro and Lamela out. Everyone else available.

So is this the probable team:

Lloris

Walker
Dawson
Verts
Rose

Lennon
Bentaleb
Dembele
Siggy

Ade
Soldado

Or perhaps swap Siggy with Chadli? I'm not sure Tim would start Townsend.

So is this the probable team:

Lloris

Walker
Dawson
Verts
Rose

Lennon
Bentaleb
Dembele
Siggy

Ade
Soldado

Or perhaps swap Siggy with Chadli? I'm not sure Tim would start Townsend.

Paulinho and Eriksen will definitely start.

Back