• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v. Everton - Sunday, February 9th - 13:30

Good result against a good side.

Rode our luck at times, especially first half, if those Osman chances fell to a Lukaku or Mirallas it would have been game over at half time but I thought we improved defensively second half, limited their chances and, despite not creating much ourselves, scored a good goal (well, Adebayor did - good by Walker too in the build up).

Bentaleb out of his depth though. Same as Carroll last year, tidy, small, young left-footed centre mid gets a few games, does okay, then our fans state he's the next big thing. Against Arsenal (in the cup), Emirates Marketing Project and Everton he has been hopelessly exposed. Once Sandro is fit I bloody hope he plays, I know Tim has mentioned he's not a fan of defensive midfielders but we can't play against the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal without him or Capoue in there else we will get murdered. Thankfully Everton were without an orthodox striker today and lacked any cutting edge.

Well happy with the points, didn't see us winning today. Hopefully the loss has a negative psychological effect on Everton, too.

The MOTD highlights are very generous, certainly portrayed it as an equal game after the first twenty minutes and made it look very much like all us in the second half. Robbie Savage cracks me up though, Keown and Lawrenson are siding against him on nearly every call. The guy sounds like a fan "we paid £42 million and he's not doing enough"

It wasnt a pretty game but it's a game where Sherwood should take some credit for his use of subs.

Martinez was chasing the game yet didn't bring in a striker.... Bad call IMO and he kept Naismith in when he was effectively chasing his own shadow. They didn't more when he went off but why he didn't bring on Traore (even half fit) I'll never know

For all evertons apparent dominance they didn't muster one shot on target in the second half and Lloris saves were all made in the first twenty minutes.

What I'd did see was a very greedy Mirallas, a shockingly bad shirt pulled in McCarthy and Barry clattering into every challenge.

We desperately needed someone on the left and low and behold when Townsend came on we look better balanced.

Brining Defoe on when trying to class the game out seemed odd but it worked too

They brought in delefou who fell over a lot and Mcgeady who did nothing

Strange game but won by the team that actually took a chance on goal

2 great posts from BE and Veron Re: Eriksen. I have found myself inevitably comparing him to Modric and every time realising how different he is to Modric or at least the Modric at Spurs. For a start he scores more, delivers more effective set pieces and would appear to directly assist more. Agreed that he is poor defensively though- He needs to be stronger on the ball. At the moment though he seems to have fitted better for us than Ozil at the goons (just a gut feeling not based on any stats).

Last edited:
Thought Bentaleb was ok today but you can see he is young and needs to improve his positioning defensively. But tbh as I've said many times have yet to see anything from Capoue to suggest he is a better option.

I know it's only a 3 point gap, but in fairness, for us to sneak 4th we are going to have to hope someone above us ****s up monsterously just like we did in 2012, because all 4 sides there now are clearly better at this point in time.

Actually, today showed there are 5 sides clearly better than us at this point in time ;)

However, I think Liverpool and Arsenal both are capable of hitting a bad run, and it could be argued that we still haven't found our groove yet. But we are more like Everton in the last couple years, who are just plodding on and could well finished just a sliver away from top 4, without being a favourite for much of the season.

No way, over the two games we've shown ourselves to be much better than Everton. A fairly even game yesterday and the away game was so one sided it was ridiculous!

Wait wait....i'm watching the first half on sky now and you're telling me that those half chances from Osman were the ones that people claimed he 'should have scored a hat trick'? such drama queens:ross:

Agreed. The best chance was a difficult volley from 20 yards, sure he connected with it well, but he almost got it all the way out to the side and Lloris still saved it. Not like he will score that every time.

Everton were better than us in the opening 10 minutes, that's all.

Richard Keys: Tottenham's goal versus Everton was AGAINST the law!
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/02/10/keys-on-spurseverton/?

I suggest the human yeti should take a look at Chelsea's equaliser at the lane eairler in the season before he puts his foot in his mouth

Dear Mr Keys
Apologies for my french, but shut the f#ck up. Go and watch re-runs of every PL game at the weekend and please let me know the following..
1..How many teams took a free-kick from the exact spot where the offence occured
2..When there was a wall in place for a free-kick, how many players in said wall were actually 10 yards from the ball by the time it was struck
3..How many players, that were actually in the correct place to take a throw-in, in the first place, then proceeded to not move from that spot.

Good luck with that you hairy knob!!

This was a crucial win for us. It could go a long way in helping us in our top 4 battle. Again we rode our luck at times, but important thing was we won. Credit to Adebayor for scoring the winning goal. But thought he had a poor game apart from the goal. Too bad Defoe didn't score in his last game for us. But then maybe it was better Defoe didn't score. It would have been harder to see Defoe go if he had scored. Happy to see us keep a clean sheet for once ! Hope we will go on to keep more clean sheets like this.

Wait wait....i'm watching the first half on sky now and you're telling me that those half chances from Osman were the ones that people claimed he 'should have scored a hat trick'? such drama queens:ross:

Can't be too hard on people thinking 20 yard pot shots are classed as clear cut chances after the way we played until December, anything from from the 18 yard box was a sitter considering how little we created.

Back