• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT * Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton *

We have. We were on several bad runs before. Maybe we should have had this discussion then, but it's always useful to think about how things are done differently elsewhere, if only as a thought exercise.

Thing is we don't know what was done to switch our form around. I think we should honestly take a step back and view this result holistically. Our work the past couple of months has been outrageous. This was a nasty blip but we got a free-hit thanks to Soton. Let's trust Conte to correct things.

Conte is right though. Was thinking the same myself with 5 minutes left, played badly, take a point and move on.

He’s definitely right. The excuse, though, when we lost another big game under Poch was always that we had “learnt a valuable lesson”.

Lloris, Dier, Davies, Son and Kane have learnt so many lessons that they must all have PhDs and be ready to teach at Oxford, Cambridge or Harvard when they retire.

Thing is we don't know what was done to switch our form around. I think we should honestly take a step back and view this result holistically. Our work the past couple of months has been outrageous. This was a nasty blip but we got a free-hit thanks to Soton. Let's trust Conte to correct things.

Well, we know it wasn't a ritiro, because ritiros are pretty publicly advertised - players don't tweet, team goes away to a hotel with a pitch to train on (or, in our case, they all stay at the Hotspur Way hotel). That's part of the point, really - you publicize it's a ritiro so fans are a bit reassured that the team takes losing seriously and is working to fix it.

But you're right - it was a big, nasty blip, but it was one after an otherwise pretty good month and a bit. We have two upcoming games that are winnable before what seems a pretty inevitable loss at Anfield. We can get back on track.

But Conte needs a solution to the RWB problem, imo. That's the most desperate need we have right now.

I would just advise everyone to stop having any expectations. Every time it looks like we have cracked it, we then lose.

Wont change until there is a significant increase in quality within the squad.
I said it when Conte joined, he's not a magician and can only do so much with the players he has available. At the end of the day we've only made two additions to the squad so how much improvement overall can be expected? He's had them playing close to their ceiling but that ceiling isn't exactly the highest for many of them. More player like those we added in January and the overall quality will improve.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

My memory is far from perfect, but them not giving us good counter attacking chances is a big part of that. They had a very good game, last time not as good.

We did look a touch off pace. Slower passing, movement not as good. Looked a bit sluggish really. That happening once in a while I guess is to be expected. Do not want that to become a habit though.

If we had played in midweek then fair enough can happen now and again. Imo though it should never happen when you have a free week and the fixture is a brighton level team at home.

For this reason conte needs to hold an inquest with himself, the coaches and the players to understand why it happened so that we can ensure it doesn’t happen again.

Conte is right though. Was thinking the same myself with 5 minutes left, played badly, take a point and move on.

He needs to look at himself too as with 5 mins left he put bergwijn on for son, which was a ridiculous decision.

The system was failing today, the wingbacks poor, so with 5 mins left put bergwijn on for davies or reguilon, give brighton who were having such an easy day an entirely new problem to face. Conte needs to also look at himself today. What he did with 5 minutes left was ridiculous and pathetic from a coach of his calibre.

Thanks to last weekend we could just about afford today, but thats about it. I mean, who knows, had we won, maybe Arsenal would have won. All ifs and buts.

At the end in the battle v Arsenal. Status Quo, one game nearer the line.

But today means no more wiggle room, 4 wins 1 draw 1 loss would probably guarantee 4th providing the loss is not the NLD. But I can see us having to win the last 2 matches, and we have proved in the past that will be no given. We could really do with going into those games on the back of a win v Arsenal

He has far more than you do I think…. Jet lag comes from adjusting to a different time zone. There was no need for Kane to do that and flying either first class or privately he would’ve got a great sleep.

And the adrenaline rush of being at the masters must take a toll.
Did he also miss training?

Eh. To be fair to @AjaxDeSuperYids (and he was clearly joking for a lot of it), there's a legitimate discussion to be had on footballers' lives after bad results.

In Italy for instance, players are routinely pulled into 'ritiros' after runs of bad games, which are basically enforced retreats where they are taken by the coaches to stay in hotels away from their families and friends for a week or two, doing nothing but training and staying away from the public eye.

All the clubs do it - Juventus did it most recently after a bad run of form this year. It's cited as inspiring genuine togetherness and also a way to appease fans after bad results.

In England, that's unheard of, but it's just an example of how these things vary from country to country.

thats how footballers should live in my opinion, it’s a short career, spend it focused

When Conte gave the press conference and confirmed covid and his distance from players, I feared the worst. For two reasons: we know how vital him working with the side in the run-up to a game is. Less time equates to less points. Secondly, if he has Covid it is quite likely a number of the squad were also affected but just subtly, not testing positive, but maybe a touch off colour. 10% less energy and not having full intensity.

Only watched the game on a phone in a pub garden so can't comment of individual performances. From what i saw, it struck me that Brighton were excellent. In our faces, combative, and stopped us from playing. Which was predicted. We have weaknesses: mark Son and Kane out the game and we're limited, and pressurise our backline and midfield who lack some ability and determination to pass around a press.

If he missed one minute of training because of it it’s not good enough from him, he was utter garbage today, spent the game hiding next to their CB’s, Conte covered more yards

Thats being harsh on him. He got nothing today. Same with Sonny. We gave them zero chance.

That said, if he missed a second of training to go watch the Masters, he deserves a kick in the nuts. The optics here are fudging awful, he's left himself wide open for criticism. I was shocked when I saw him trumping away on BBC.

Back