• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT * Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton *

Why can’t we just agree we were ‘a bit brick today’ and move on? I don’t care about optics or eating cake, we score today it probably becomes another 4-0. Brighton were very organised to nullify us and very clever with their ‘injuries’ to stop any momentum.

Considering where we were a month ago, its still in our hands.

Why can’t we just agree we were ‘a bit brick today’ and move on? I don’t care about optics or eating cake, we score today it probably becomes another 4-0. Brighton were very organised to nullify us and very clever with their ‘injuries’ to stop any momentum.

But what about the xG?!
Won't you think of the xG?!

You should always care about eating cake!

If that's what happened, end of conversation.

Not really, the focus then turns to managerial decisions on the matter. How many days off did conte give? Surely 1 is sufficient 1.5 max. And it should not allow for people to fly half way across the world and back.

Poor management in the build up to this game and very poor management during the game too. With 10-15 mins left bergwijn should have come on for davies or reguilon and a switch to 4-2-3-1. Instead with 5 mins left we got bergwijn for son and zero change to a failing system.

Management have let the club down in the build up to this game and during the game. Very poor and not to be repeated please.

Not really, the focus then turns to managerial decisions on the matter. How many days off did conte give? Surely 1 is sufficient 1.5 max. And it should not allow for people to fly half way across the world and back.

Poor management in the build up to this game and very poor management during the game too. With 10-15 mins left bergwijn should have come on for davies or reguilon and a switch to 4-2-3-1. Instead with 5 mins left we got bergwijn for son and zero change to a failing system.

Management have let the club down in the build up to this game and during the game. Very poor and not to be repeated please.

Sorry, I meant end of conversation in relation to Kane. Conte maybe has questions to answer but not being an expert on these things, I'm sure he wouldn't have let him go if there was any suggestion of negative impact on performance.

His in game management today was not good. Would agree with your points on that.

Agreed with the BErgwijn/Son comments. I'm not sure why it was so late, and it was as much the system being nullified by their system as it was the players so we needed to do something to break the pattern, and much much earlier.

Very disappointed that Conte didn't try to break the pattern by changing something, anything

Was painful to see the contrast of how quickly Brighton played out of their half compared to our minimum 20 passes to get into their territory. And even then we created nothing.

Yeah, fudge that thing and fudge everything else. I'm in the thrlr fudging Tottenham area now and spelling is fudging DDF difficult.

Such a strange performance today, I get the trying to be patient thing, but even by HT you could see it was clearly getting us nowhere, Brighton completely had our number. Very disappointed in the lack of versatility in our tactics and personnel.

Such a strange performance today, I get the trying to be patient thing, but even by HT you could see it was clearly getting us nowhere, Brighton completely had our number. Very disappointed in the lack of versatility in our tactics and personnel.

I said to my missus who I took to the game that it would most likely be a nervy game and Brighton would dominate possession but we would edge it due to Brighton’s toothless up front. Did not see that performance coming today. Was embarrassing how easily Brighton played their way out of their half compared to our 20 passes. I thought Kane would have dropped deeper to get more involved in the game given how ineffective the defence and midfield were in getting the ball to him and the front three. Hopefully just one of those days and we move on. Id be happy to give Sessegnon a run of games. Don’t know what’s happened to Reguilon. Not spacegoating him at all, but he’s a feigning crybaby and doesn’t convert chances when he gets them. Royal is what he is, not a lot we can do whilst Doherty is injured.

I said to my missus who I took to the game that it would most likely be a nervy game and Brighton would dominate possession but we would edge it due to Brighton’s toothless up front. Did not see that performance coming today. Was embarrassing how easily Brighton played their way out of their half compared to our 20 passes. I thought Kane would have dropped deeper to get more involved in the game given how ineffective the defence and midfield were in getting the ball to him and the front three. Hopefully just one of those days and we move on. Id be happy to give Sessegnon a run of games. Don’t know what’s happened to Reguilon. Not spacegoating him at all, but he’s a feigning crybaby and doesn’t convert chances when he gets them. Royal is what he is, not a lot we can do whilst Doherty is injured.
Yea I thought it would be a very tough game, there was no way in the world we were going to blow them away like our last few games, but I thought we’d play ok and nick it. That performance was something from 2 months ago, soo lackluster, unambitious and lacking in urgency.

Perhaps we're all not giving Brighton enough credit

No way through in midfield and when we went wide their central players shuffled outwards

I'm not sure they deserved to win, but they're well coached and executed on their plan

Back