• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT * Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton *

Do City and the Bin Dippers live by those rules? Does any other team?

They're human beings for fudge sake, they shouldn't be slaves, albeit well paid ones. You're knee jerking.

Eh. To be fair to @AjaxDeSuperYids (and he was clearly joking for a lot of it), there's a legitimate discussion to be had on footballers' lives after bad results.

In Italy for instance, players are routinely pulled into 'ritiros' after runs of bad games, which are basically enforced retreats where they are taken by the coaches to stay in hotels away from their families and friends for a week or two, doing nothing but training and staying away from the public eye.

All the clubs do it - Juventus did it most recently after a bad run of form this year. It's cited as inspiring genuine togetherness and also a way to appease fans after bad results.

In England, that's unheard of, but it's just an example of how these things vary from country to country.

Eh. To be fair to @AjaxDeSuperYids (and he was clearly joking for a lot of it), there's a legitimate discussion to be had on footballers' lives after bad results.

In Italy for instance, players are routinely pulled into 'ritiros' after runs of bad games, which are basically enforced retreats where they are taken by the coaches to stay in hotels away from their families and friends for a week or two, doing nothing but training and staying away from the public eye.

All the clubs do it - Juventus did it most recently after a bad run of form this year. It's cited as inspiring genuine togetherness and also a way to appease fans after bad results.

In England, that's unheard of, but it's just an example of how these things vary from country to country.
We've been on a good run up until today

Shows how low you have sunk when all you can resort to is outright lies and unfounded insinuations.

Something different however from your otherwise many inaccurate pointless posts on the club.

Sorry, were you NOT joking with your initial 'babies/familes/women' comment? I honestly thought it wasn't dry humour on your part? :eek: I'm a bit embarrassed??

If we lose next week maybe there's a discussion IMO.

We've been on a good run up until today

We have. We were on several bad runs before. Maybe we should have had this discussion then, but it's always useful to think about how things are done differently elsewhere, if only as a thought exercise.

Sorry, were you NOT joking with your initial 'babies/familes/women' comment? I honestly thought it wasn't dry humour on your part? :eek: I'm a bit embarrassed??

I dont hold any bigoted views whatsoever and all sexes are completely equal in my eyes.

However there was nothing wrong with my baby comment. Women have that more maternal desire for babies than men. That is obvious and not remotely controversial.

Roughly 8/10 women will absolutely want a baby and for men it would probably be more like 4.5/10.

If we lose next week maybe there's a discussion IMO.

Oh, defo. It's one bad game, even if it was a *very* bad game.

But would be interesting to think about how it would go down if we tried it. As the reaction here shows, I'd argue England is far more aghast at that sort of thing happening - taking players away from their families and social lives is seen as verboten.

Buuut - England was also against fitness training and dieting back when Wenger first came in, and he was mocked as a silly foreigner who didn't understand the English game when he banned drinks and fatty foods from the cafeteria.

25 years later, and the only ones in the English game who *don't* focus on fitness are dinosaurs like Mourinho et al. The rest have about 10 fitness coaches per team, diet their players like drill sergeants, hire Michelin-star chefs and use techniques like blood spinning to improve their stamina and recovery time at a cellular level.

I wonder if we'll see a similar evolution in how English football treats its players off the field as well.

I would just advise everyone to stop having any expectations. Every time it looks like we have cracked it, we then lose.

Wont change until there is a significant increase in quality within the squad.

How the feck did we go from this to this on the back of scoring 12 goals in the 3 intervening games o_O

View attachment 13940

My memory is far from perfect, but them not giving us good counter attacking chances is a big part of that. They had a very good game, last time not as good.

We did look a touch off pace. Slower passing, movement not as good. Looked a bit sluggish really. That happening once in a while I guess is to be expected. Do not want that to become a habit though.

Back